What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

forby

Juniors
It will be like the SFS - the contracts will be signed and work commence before the election.
Besides Lindsay is a marginal seat held by the liberals so the ALP will need to spend money there!

Perth Red

Post Whore
The fact that they didn't use the two years off to blow up the ground and start again is a national disgrace
They've literally filled one of the main sides with buildings lol. Who does that at a stadium? Why is the end stand so far away from the pitch? Why is the only main stand 1/2 the length it should be? So many questions lol.

Nice apartments though.

Wb1234

Referee
They've literally filled one of the main sides with buildings lol. Who does that at a stadium? Why is the end stand so far away from the pitch? Why is the only main stand 1/2 the length it should be? So many questions lol.

Nice apartments though.
Are you talking about caravan park there ?

Cronulla already own retail there which they get rent from

plus the upgraded leagues club. These guys are minted.

national disgrace. lol

the sharks would be 100% better served knocking it down ad playing at the SFS IMO but whatever. they seem keen to stay. i wouldn't. adapt or die.

"why didnt hey do this"

that wasn't part of the project. it never has been. and when stadium stuff has been discussed at club level , major capital works was only feasible if it wasn't the club paying for it. also, the advice from the nrl changed twice. so the club, wisely did nothing.

it is simply, not worth the expense as private venue, without government or other investment.

Suitman

Post Whore
So is the Western grandstand going to be extended to full 100m rather than 30m wide

Who knows? That would be the best place to start though. A Central Coast stadium 2 - coursed stand with some corporate facilities. Then get rid of that stupidly small south stand and make it a 1-tierd stand right from the fence line. Then, concrete and seat the northern hill. Put a roof over it later if need be. The eastern side is done for eternity with those apartments.
There are no concrete redevelopment plans for the actual ground itself. (I refuse to call it a stadium).
Those aerial shots confirm it is just a crappy RL park. Even Kogarah is better than this shit hole.

The Sharks would be wise to look at some of the English SL grounds for guidance on design. It's a small ground, but could become a great small ground with the right design.
20000 capacity with 3 sided roofed or enclosed stands could make it great again and the atmosphere would be so much better and could be intimidating.
I say all this though assuming it would all be funded by govt.

Plus money from all the concessions and the bar takings are huge with the alcohol options at the ground

i don’t get the negativity. No afl clubs own their own ground. No a league club owns their own ground

and I think the only other league club which owns their ground is the dolphins
I dont believe that owning a sub standard venue when other clubs play at brand new tax payer funded pleasure domes is a good way forward.

I may be wrong
It could all work out in the end

Who knows? That would be the best place to start though. A Central Coast stadium 2 - coursed stand with some corporate facilities. Then get rid of that stupidly small south stand and make it a 1-tierd stand right from the fence line. Then, concrete and seat the northern hill. Put a roof over it later if need be. The eastern side is done for eternity with those apartments.
There are no concrete redevelopment plans for the actual ground itself. (I refuse to call it a stadium).
Those aerial shots confirm it is just a crappy RL park. Even Kogarah is better than this shit hole.

The Sharks would be wise to look at some of the English SL grounds for guidance on design. It's a small ground, but could become a great small ground with the right design.
20000 capacity with 3 sided roofed or enclosed stands could make it great again and the atmosphere would be so much better and could be intimidating.
The last bit is the key bit

I beleive the 50 million will come
I dont believe it will change all that much

blue bags

First Grade
The eastern area. The small grassy hill is where alot of nooky has occurred. It's a bit of a legend. And can't extend it. Cause the Endangered red n grey frogs live there in the mangroves and frill necked dragon lizard. Red n white seahorses in the shallows. Very important eco sensitive system. Even came toads has been living there 🤠

Wb1234

Referee
Nope, they waived the right to ongoing rental for a cash payout they needed to pay debts.
They own retail there. Think it’s a gym

they took an immediate lump sum instead of staying invoked in the project

they did get stiffed though. The original plans were for like 200 to 300 units and the developer ended up getting 800 plus

he made close to half a billion profit. The sharks could’ve got a good chunk of that if they were smart

they got fleeced

i wouldn't say they got fleeced
without the multiple cash injections theres no team at all.

what they will have is a new club with a the built in populous and foot traffic year round, on top of the club they bought last year. which also has valuable land.

well yeah if you had all the money you wanted you just knock it all down (including the seats on the eastern side)

If you go off the plans from manlys build (excellent btw) you can fit 3,000 seats in a bowl at one end. so by that metric.

6k at the north and south bowl

Lets be conservative and you can fit 15,0000 seated in a single bowl around the ground.

The South and West sides would then have corporate and a second level of seats. if you just doubled what was below you are up to 23k seated of which 14k of that is under cover with a roof.

Behind the Posts i would make a hill area. you cant build anything anyway unless the powerlines move so keep it as is.

on the east side you just extend the bowl further back towards the buildings. it doesnt have to be huge you already have it at the new steep angle.

it would cost a fair bit but IMO you could easily fit a 25k capacity stadium with a reasonable amount of cover.