What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Who Was A Better Obi-Wan?

• Sir Alec Guiness

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Ewan McGregor

Votes: 27 62.8%

• Total voters

Zoidberg

First Grade
Really liked the 1st 2 eps.
My only issue with D+ is not being able to binge a season of a show right away, and with the amount of spoilers I would see on social media I couldn’t wait until all eps are out.
Can’t wait to see the rest of these.

Munky

Coach
Lol at Flea.

Makes sense since I'm pretty sure they were around California in the first episode

I'm hopng for a sick bass solo and funky riff now.

Timbo

Staff member
Enjoyed the first eps but the girl kid is annoying.

The chase scenes with her running away from various characters were cringe worthy

That bothered me too. She's a literal child. Her legs are half the length of yours. She shouldn't be able to run off so easily.

shiznit

Coach
Yup… Episode 3 was great…

Vader is such a badass…

Sure that’s always been the case but the way he just snapped that kids neck and moved on was just a reminder to everyone of his brutality because he’s such a fan favourite… so you actually need him to be a villain again and not the almost revered and much loved antihero he’s become in popular culture… 😂😂

Id love to see a scene where he basically takes on an entire legion of rebels like some of the comics I’ve seen…

nick87

Coach
Holy f**k... when the red saber did it's thing is audiably gasped

I have some questions..

1. how did 3rd sister arrive before leia
2, how did the other chick avoid 3rd sister and arrive right there to save Obi
3. why did Darth let them get away because of fire, when he clearly has the force power to manage that.
4. if the 3rd sister is successful, she is the grand inquistor... fellas, ive watched rebels, y'all got some explaining to do! Im sure they'll do it but ill need to hear it first

5, not really a question but shit, darth absolutely washed Obi in the fight, could have finished him any time he liked.
I guess it's all yada yada yada for story telling,

shiznit

Coach
Holy f**k... when the red saber did it's thing is audiably gasped

I have some questions..

1. how did 3rd sister arrive before leia
2, how did the other chick avoid 3rd sister and arrive right there to save Obi
3. why did Darth let them get away because of fire, when he clearly has the force power to manage that.
4. if the 3rd sister is successful, she is the grand inquistor... fellas, ive watched rebels, y'all got some explaining to do! Im sure they'll do it but ill need to hear it first

5, not really a question but shit, darth absolutely washed Obi in the fight, could have finished him any time he liked.
I guess it's all yada yada yada for story telling,

Yup I got the same questions… 😂

Timbo

Staff member
A thought;

In Episode 4, Vader says to Obi Wan 'when we last met you were the master, now it is I that am the master'.

Obi Wan sure as shit didn't seem like the master last night. He's going to need one hell of a Rocky montage to get him back up to a point where he can take on Vader and win again.

shiznit

Coach
A thought;

In Episode 4, Vader says to Obi Wan 'when we last met you were the master, now it is I that am the master'.

Obi Wan sure as shit didn't seem like the master last night. He's going to need one hell of a Rocky montage to get him back up to a point where he can take on Vader and win again.
I just think it’s a matter of him not using his abilities for 10 years.

TBH… I’m glad he got his arse handed to him… it would have been abit stupid if he just grabbed his lightsaber after 10 years does a somersault over to Vader and all of a sudden they go back to their revenge of the sith lightsaber duel.

I think ultimately it will come back… he probably just needs to exercise those force muscle’s… 😂😂

Get Master Yoda on the force phone… a couple of weeks on Dagobah and he will have him sorted pretty quick… 😂😂

Munky

Coach
Going from watching season four of stranger things to watching this is rough.

One has impeccable production values while the other has two of the of the biggest characters in pop culture playing hide and seek around dirt piles.

I'm enjoying it but some of the story and production choices are a little odd.

Thinking back to Stranger Things season one they managed to convey danger to the kids in a much better way than the Leia chase.

shiznit

Coach
Going from watching season four of stranger things to watching this is rough.

One has impeccable production values while the other has two of the of the biggest characters in pop culture playing hide and seek around dirt piles.

I'm enjoying it but some of the story and production choices are a little odd.

Thinking back to Stranger Things season one they managed to convey danger to the kids in a much better way than the Leia chase.
Weird criticism TBH…
I’d say what I’ve seen in the first 3 episodes of Obi-Wan have shown pretty high production value.

sure they had that moment in a quarry… but before that they have shown 6 different environments on 6 different planets… sure CGI heavy… but this level of CGI is f**king expensive.

not to mention the cast… right down to JEJ… that all adds up.

and I get the feeling they will meet again in more spectacular fashion.

I DO think Stranger Things definitely has high production value… but Obi Wan wouldn’t be far off it…

nöyd

Staff member
Got home from work to watch it, put it on and the missus just wanted to yack through it ffs

Will watch it again over the weekend, I did catch some of the big fella's brutality, he's back to being that guy I was shitscared of through infants and primary school lol

Game_Breaker

Coach
Enjoyed the first eps but the girl kid is annoying.

The chase scenes with her running away from various characters were cringe worthy

She looks like she’s 5 years old not 10
Everyone chasing her should be able to catch her after running for 10-15 metres I say

Reactions: PJ