What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Wb1234

Referee
It’s one throwaway line. They aren’t stupid they know this is their last real chance.

they are negotiating for a bigger share

I think vlandys could have his mind made up after origin

the arlc need Perth now. With the warriors imploding they need an 18th team

it’s a shame because he broncos being bad didn’t stop Redcliffe getting in

“A lot of people want the 18th team coming out of Perth. This is Perth’s chance to show they like rugby league,” V’Landys said.

“But it’s got to prove itself.

f**k off Vlandys, we’ve been hearing this sht since 2011 so you can flog tickets and make money off our false hopes.
If PVL and all the flogs who push the "it needs to prove itself" line were fair dinkum then they would create a second division and review each club's position every three years. Criteria such as attendance, sponsorship, community engagement, merchandise sales, promotion, membership, revenue generation from outside of the football club could be used to determine if a club belongs in the NRL or is better served playing in the second division. Let fans know their club's position in the NRL is impacted by their patronage. It will drive membership attendance. Clubs with potential to grow will, whereas liabilities will flounder and stay small.

93 pages in and suddenly people are realising the Bears in Perth is a joke!?!?

Lol.
I tried telling everyone on page one ot two that it's a bullshit idea.

People only see what they want to see when they have an emotional attachment to something. I'm guilty of it just as much as anyone else.

Last edited:
The comments from the Bears aren’t particularly positive I wouldn’t think. They are angling for ownership of the whole thing - that is just not feasible
The Bears are exposing themselves as a club stuck in the early 20th century. It's what did them in during the Super League Wars. Playing out of a cricket ground was always going to bite them in the arse after the game went from semi-professionalism to full professionalism.

Canard

Immortal
If PVL and all the flogs who push the "it needs to prove itself" line were fair dinkum then they would create a second division and review each club's position every three years. Criteria such as attendance, sponsorship, community engagement, merchandise sales, promotion, membership, revenue generation from outside of the football club could be used to determine if a club belongs in the NRL or is better served playing in the second division. Let fans know their club's position in the NRL is impacted by their patronage. It will drive membership attendance. Clubs with potential to grow will, whereas liabilities will flounder and stay small.

I tried telling everyone on page one ot two that it's a bullshit idea.

People only see what they want to see when they have an emotional attachment to something. I'm guilty of it just as much as anyone else.
Creating a 2nd division to a comp that averages 15k per game is ALeague level thinking.

There’s barely enough money for the NRL let alone an entire stand alone comp,

Creating a 2nd division to a comp that averages 15k per game is ALeague level thinking.

There’s barely enough money for the NRL let alone an entire stand alone comp,
For it to work the NRL would need to be reduced to 10 or 12 teams.

Streaming companies might like the idea of having the NRL played Fri to Sun and the second division played Monday to Thursday. Crowds would be poor for the second division, but if it can generate $30m per annum from a streaming company then it would be enough to pay players enough.

There aren't enough quality dummy halves, halfbacks, five-eights and fullbacks to fill 16 NRL teams.

Canard

Immortal

Streaming companies might like the idea of having the NRL played Fri to Sun and the second division played Monday to Thursday. Crowds would be poor for the second division, but if it can generate $30m per annum from a streaming company then it would be enough to pay players enough.

There aren't enough quality dummy halves, halfbacks, five-eights and fullbacks to fill 16 NRL teams.

OK, I thought you were being serious.

Colk

First Grade

Yes and no. I think the biggest problem is the division of spine players.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It’s one throwaway line. They aren’t stupid they know this is their last real chance.
I wouldn’t be so sure! Check out their Facebook page. They genuinely believe if they get loads of people to sign up to a cheap membership the nrl will let them in as a nsw nomad team lol.

Wb1234

Referee
I wouldn’t be so sure! Check out their Facebook page. They genuinely believe if they get loads of people to sign up to a cheap membership the nrl will let them in as a nsw nomad team lol.
Not worried about what a few diehards say on Facebook. The bears bosses if they have half a brain will know. If they ignore what vlandys said then they don’t deserve to be back

MugaB

Coach
Phil Gould says a lot of dumb shit.

We shouldn't expand because we don't have enough "good halfbacks" is just ridiculous. And that we should contract the current comp by 4 teams?

It's the local pub drunk stuff.
The whole point of expanding is to garner that talent from elsewhere too, all clubs should be developing players, halfbacks are plenty, but experienced, consistently winning halfbacks are rare, townsend and reynolds are proof of that, if youve been around long enough, you can go to a doldrum club and sprinkle your dust there, enough to guide them to wins

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not worried about what a few diehards say on Facebook. The bears bosses if they have half a brain will know. If they ignore what vlandys said then they don’t deserve to be back
That’s their chairmans video on there, not some out of touch fans lol