What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other games

MrBlack

Juniors
It doesn't matter what we think he is worth it is all about demand. The demand is there and he is the hottest young half talent in the comp.
Theres no way he stays at the dogs any longer than he has to.

Roosters will come calling, along with a few other mid table teams

snickers007

Juniors
Big game for the Cows this week

Horrible record in Sydney v a side they have struggled against

It's incredible that we're 15 games deep, and they've only travelled to Sydney once so far this year!
They've lucked out facing the Eels in Darwin, and Tigers during Magic Round. Doggies are even hosting a game in Bundaberg later this year.

Not sure if Manly have what it takes to beat a Top 4 team, but I'm also not sure if the Cowboys are a genuine Top 4 team either.

Iamback

Coach
It's incredible that we're 15 games deep, and they've only travelled to Sydney once so far this year!
They've lucked out facing the Eels in Darwin, and Tigers during Magic Round. Doggies are even hosting a game in Bundaberg later this year.

Not sure if Manly have what it takes to beat a Top 4 team, but I'm also not sure if the Cowboys are a genuine Top 4 team either.

It is why I have held back on declaring them a top 4 side just yet.

The way they play too isn't suited to dew that Sydney gets this time of the year. Manly are hard to get a read on. For me it is game of the round

mxlegend99

Referee

Meh. Travelling having a noticeable effect on teams is lMO people grasping at straws to explain why teams are better.

These guys can unwind and relax on the trips. There's no real pressure on the players if they have to travel 20kms or 1,000kms.

Venue however can make a difference. Ie home crowds firing teams up. Putting pressure on the ref etc.

Location can make a difference if weather is a bit wild and one team is used to it while others aren't.

But the travel itself IMO wouldn't have any noticeable effect at all.

I remember in 2020 people doing the math on how many kms we had travelled and suggesting that was why we were winning. Now it's refs and our guys being a protected species etc.

any reason other than some teams are just better than others

Iamback

Coach
Meh. Travelling having a noticeable effect on teams is lMO people grasping at straws to explain why teams are better.

These guys can unwind and relax on the trips. There's no real pressure on the players if they have to travel 20kms or 1,000kms.

Venue however can make a difference. Ie home crowds firing teams up. Putting pressure on the ref etc.

Location can make a difference if weather is a bit wild and one team is used to it while others aren't.

But the travel itself IMO wouldn't have any noticeable effect at all.

I remember in 2020 people doing the math on how many kms we had travelled and suggesting that was why we were winning. Now it's refs and our guys being a protected species etc.

any reason other than some teams are just better than others

Huge difference between QLD and Syd conditions though

Kilkenny

Coach
Tonight’s game should be an interesting game.

WIN Stadium is always a tough play away so have to give the Dragons a chance of causing an upset.

Murraymob1

Juniors
Souths v dragons
7 minutes in the game and boy does it suck .the game will be one by sucks the least rather than who plays the vest

Iamback

Coach
When Dragons punt Sims. That starting pack looks decent..

Certainly something for the next coach to work with

Kilkenny

Coach
Thought the Reece Robson try which got the Cowboys back into the game was highly doubtful. Sutton sent it up as no try but bunker decided the play had gone 10 metres so he was deemed on side. Skinniest 10 metres in my opinion . Feel a bit for Manly even if they only had themselves to blame in the end.

Fangs

Coach
Its a very long season...but if the grand final was played today Penrith would win 13+.

Emjoying this game but the storm and the Broncos aren't going to trouble us playing like this. Nor would the Eels. We all know they would lift but so will we.

maple_69

Bench
Gonna be very interesting to see who gets their act together after Origin. Plenty of talented teams who are just bouncing from strong performance to embarrasing loss pretty consistently. Hard to see Souths, Manly being competitive but the Sharks, Eels & Chooks have it in them to cause issues. Can Inexperienced Broncos/Cows keep it up for 28 weeks? I’m skeptical.

age.s

First Grade
I reckon the Cows remain strong. Theres a very good attitude amongst that group, you could feel it last night. They were always playing as though the comeback was on and that gives you a shot even in games you should be losing. I don't see them getting past us, but I could see them being there in the final fortnight of the comp and at that point you never know.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
What a stupid sport this has become. The bunker should only make a rule on the current play not one 1 min earlier. Even than should have begin the 1 min again

Latest posts