What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other games

Iamback

Coach
Going to be very interesting when Burton has Kikau to work with. Still have total belief he's a better player than Luai

Jury is still out.

Take Parra today. There was no kick chase pressure.

A couple of times he got pressure he had a poor option.

Also great a try assists off kicks. Yet to pass one yet.

Still a couple of years from being able to judge

hindy111

Post Whore
Burton pulled our pants down. It was a master-class.
Admittedly for some reason there was no pressure applied to the kicker.......
I'd out a line thru the EELS. Mentaly weak.

The Realist

Juniors
I think Burton will definitely be a better player than Luai, and perhaps already is - however he was not our best option at 5/8. Some of Burton's Strengths are similar to Nathan Cleary's - namely his kicking and his more structured playmaking.

Luai compliments our side more by being a less predictable 'off the cuff' type of player and having a more elusive running style.

In saying that, Burton has the potential to be better than both of them. He is already a more powerful and a better runner over all than either of our halves. His kicking game has the potential to rival or even surpass Cleary and he does have a good pass on him.

At the moment our halves biggest advantage over him is their experience with Cleary taking better options more often and also game management. Luai has the advantage of having better footy instincts.

I know Gus is gunning for Ciraldo to coach the Doggies but a smokey could be Freddy if he wants to be a head coach. He was pretty much the closest player to what Matty Burton is and could be. He could teach him how to be the dominant player for his team at #6, something he has struggled with for much of the season so far.

The Realist

Juniors
Burton pulled our pants down. It was a master-class.
Admittedly for some reason there was no pressure applied to the kicker.......
I'd out a line thru the EELS. Mentaly weak.

You guys always seem to 'get up' for the tough games - during the regular season anyway. I know Parra have been mocked as Rnd 2 Finals chokers, but it's not like the Eel's have been blown apart in their finals losses.

Whino

Bench
Cowboys flogged them. Tigers beat them. Scraped home twice against Titans.
But beat you guys and Strom. Very odd but if make finals doubt they be there after week 2.

You are the kind of team that can beat us or Storm week 1 and then lose week 2 to the 7th or 8th placed team.

maple_69

Bench
Outside of being the right 5/8 for Penrith, if not the guy likely to be the better player, Luai is the better cultural fit. His energy is absolutely key to our entire side having that extra edge every single week. I'd consider taking him over Munster for that reason, he makes our whole team better even if he's having a quiet game, just like Edwards is the right fullback for us despite there being a host of way more talented guys out there.

hindy111

Post Whore
Outside of being the right 5/8 for Penrith, if not the guy likely to be the better player, Luai is the better cultural fit. His energy is absolutely key to our entire side having that extra edge every single week. I'd consider taking him over Munster for that reason, he makes our whole team better even if he's having a quiet game, just like Edwards is the right fullback for us despite there being a host of way more talented guys out there.

Luai is perfect cause he costs about 600k. Burton will be offered 1 million Nov 1. Dogs will have to offer him an extension and it will be atleast 1 mill a season. I reckon 1.1 more likely.

Kilkenny

Coach
Luai is perfect cause he costs about 600k. Burton will be offered 1 million Nov 1. Dogs will have to offer him an extension and it will be atleast 1 mill a season. I reckon 1.1 more likely.
I don’t think he is anywhere near the $1 million a season yet.

I wonder whether the Roosters might make a play for him for 2024 and beyond. Certainly doubts around Luke Keary going forward given his age and on going concussion issues.

hindy111

Post Whore
I don’t think he is anywhere near the $1 million a season yet.

I wonder whether the Roosters might make a play for him for 2024 and beyond. Certainly doubts around Luke Keary going forward given his age and on going concussion issues.

It doesn't matter what we think he is worth it is all about demand. The demand is there and he is the hottest young half talent in the comp.