What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
I thought we had 2 spots left. Who took #29?
Well we have used 26 players this year in FG.

Haze dunster is the only regular who hasn't played FG this year.

Should have at least 3 spots available. Who hasn't played first grade this year in top 30.

Gazzamatta

Coach

EELS

Available roster spots:

What they need: A lock

Who they could target:
J’maine Hopgood

They’ve already signed him for 2023 and 2024 but with Ray Stone out for the season and Nathan Brown falling down the pecking order, the Eels should make a serious play to get Hopgood to the club immediately.

Hopgood has only played one NRL game for the Panthers this season and while he may not crack the Eels’ 17 right away, the sooner the club can get him into their system the better.
Yep. Definitely need someone to fill that 3 minute bench spot.

T.S Quint

Coach
You'd have to think more than minimum wage. Any player that you're not preferred to play whilst the game can still be decided isn't worth more than minimum wage however.

Well I have no idea how much he is on. Neither do you. He could be on more than minimum wage, sure but how much higher than minimum wage is his salary?
It’s probably slightly more than those who don’t even get picked on the bench but considerably less than those who get more than 5 minutes of game time.

Cartwright has shown that he is good enough to get more than minimum wage previously but not consistent enough to get heaps more. BA thinks he’s good enough to be in the squad but not consistent enough to be used in certain situations. He’d rather use only 16 players. We’ve won plenty of games this way so it’s not like it doesn’t work.

yy_cheng

Coach
Do we need a lock?

Matto with Nrown as backup is sufficient as well as maybe rodwell

Would there but an interest in Brooks? Maybe Moses might want to team up with him again

Avenger

Immortal
Do we need a lock?

Would there but an interest in Brooks? Maybe Moses might want to team up with him again
This is why I love this forum. Great idea from left field. Why not take him for the rest of the year and then see what happens.

Do we need a lock?

NRL 360 were saying he might be on 1.3M next year. Even if it's just 1.1M we'd have to want him pretty badly to entertain that I think.

TheRam

Coach

Incorrect

Coach
Do we need a lock?

I would have more faith in JA in the halves than Luke Brooks.... And I don't see Brooks being able to defend in the middle to be a bench option to give Mahoney a spell so it's a No from me....

yy_cheng

Coach
I would have more faith in JA in the halves than Luke Brooks.... And I don't see Brooks being able to defend in the middle to be a bench option to give Mahoney a spell so it's a No from me....
I was thinking 14. PJ Marsh like.. Scoot from dummy half. Kicking.
We can toughen him up defending in the middle hahahah. We taught moses to tackle.

Could give some sort of untrusted x-factor

And I was only thinking this year... no way pay him so much for future years.

We have 1 spot to fill according to that report.

Can't think of any position we are short on troops at this point in time.
Halves is actually where our weakness is if we have an injury or 2.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade