What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If not Madge, then who?

MugaB

Coach
I went to my local smug anonymous meeting last week.

Twas a sorry sight to see these desperate souls, in the Ciraldo Prayer

Our footy Gods
Who live at Royceys
Hallowed be MG
Give Us this day our daily win
And forgive those play against us
As we forgiveth the sinner May

Please deliver Ciraldo from the clutches of Tigers
And make Ivans DVT go away quick. We hate him too, but not not that much.

Amen and Awomen

And after prayers, we all got naked and blind drunk.

Join your local branch. A bag over the head is the only requirement.

Sometimes the players give speeches about how smug is ruining their lives. It’s a terrible addiction.
ciraldo-1.jpg
Ciraldo loves his free Oak shakes

A left field appointment, nah, no way, but hold on, he was a favourite of Tim's in his playing days.

The guy on the far left in the photo on the link below looks remarkably like a former great Tiger utility !!

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Madge is now unemployable. No club will take him on. You need to do much more than talk a lot (of shit), and get angry if things go wrong, to be a successful coach.

I think you have nailed it with this comment. In the same way Barrett has to do more than worry about outdoor chairs, or Brown make smart arsed comments about the previous coach's sex life.

All would struggle big time to get another head coach appointment in NRL.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I went to my local smug anonymous meeting last week.

Twas a sorry sight to see these desperate souls, in the Ciraldo Prayer

Our footy Gods
Who live at Royceys
Hallowed be MG
Give Us this day our daily win
And forgive those play against us
As we forgiveth the sinner May

Please deliver Ciraldo from the clutches of Tigers
And make Ivans DVT go away quick. We hate him too, but not not that much.

Amen and Awomen

And after prayers, we all got naked and blind drunk.

Join your local branch. A bag over the head is the only requirement.

Sometimes the players give speeches about how smug is ruining their lives. It’s a terrible addiction.

Actually 2 bags just in case one of the bags gets ripped.......(YUK OH)

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I’m no doctor but he also has only one kidney after he gave one to his brother. Would that make him more susceptible to this type of thing?

Honestly I don't think so. Especially when you consider that his surgery for the kidney was upwards of 4 years ago.

The blood clots would have been from his recent knee surgery. Generally only happens when surgery is recent.

Well Ivan seems to be over a critical phase, but still has a long road.

He’s pretty fit, so it’s a strange thing.

Maybe a few beers and smokos after training at the Paceway would have helped.

Advanced smugonia these days, millions in wages until the end of civilisation, there’s very little for him to worry about.

He wouldn’t last a day with us. A mess he helped create mind you, but I will ease off him till his horns are fully regrown and the tail transplant is done and dusted.

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Well Ivan seems to be over a critical phase, but still has a long road.

He’s pretty fit, so it’s a strange thing.

Maybe a few beers and smokos after training at the Paceway would have helped.

Advanced smugonia these days, millions in wages until the end of civilisation, there’s very little for him to worry about.

He wouldn’t last a day with us. A mess he helped create mind you, but I will ease off him till his horns are fully regrown and the tail transplant is done and dusted.

I agree his departure from W/T was more than a little messy. In fact I think all Penrith folks feel the same, including Ivan.

When at W/T Ivan did get some players playing with freedom that was unmatched before or since.

During Ivan's time was that when Brooks won the Dally M halfback of the year ? So there were a couple of positives.

But not helped by the players he bought on big deals who broke down. Packer and Reynolds especially. That was to a large extent hard luck, but the deals happened because of desperation. (I believe)

Getting back to now (as opposed to time travel) Brooks I believe needs to go. There will be monetry pain involved, but he needs to get away, and W/T also need to be free of him.

Peachy was a dreadful buy and he also needs to go. How or why he was selected as part of the leadership group was comical.

Tamou has very little time left. The tank is dry.

Hastings and Doueihi (sp) I believe you could build a team around them. Add in Api and the other buys things look up for 2023.

Tiger05

First Grade
Well, the journo’s reported that Ciraldo had been given a deadline by the end of this week?
They also reported that Sheens ave him as much time as he needed to decide?
The first one seems to be wrong:eek:

Made up rumours from random morons like myself who post on the Internet with no idea are statistically more likely to be accurate than those from rugby league journalists.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
It feels like we are in a stage where we have to gamble on a few things.

Take a gamble on Ciraldo being a quality first grade coach ? Yep
Take a gamble on pursuing him at the risk of losing Woolfe ? Maybe not. Pursue both of them and see if we get either.
Take a gamble by offering long term contracts? Yep
Take a gamble offering mega bucks? Yep

If we sign either Ciraldo or Woolfe morale goes through the roof, more memberships, more merchandise, more ticket sales. Most importantly more chance of a successful future.