What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If not Madge, then who?

If he doesn’t want our position, he’s Gus’s bitch who goes through coaches like cheap sneakers.

Don’t forget, the smuglets were only too happy to part with Gus and have enjoyed much success since.

If cc doesn’t want to forge a name for himself in the annuls of the NRL, create a new dynasty, then so be it.

Clock is ticking Cameron.

If he’s still prancing around Smug stadium by the weekend, pointing at goalposts for no reason, trying to keep the group away from the moral bankruptcy of young chin we should withdraw the offer.

Hop on the bus or get run over cc buddy.

Live on your knees if that’s what you want, see if we care.

Last edited:
Let's slow this down a little. Is 800k more than 400k ?

On top of that you get a chance at being a head coach and you might like the challenge.

Do you have a logical counter argument. Your first counter argument was you could just stay as an assistant coach with the inference you would never get another change at an assistant coach. Logically you are incorrect.

Do you have a logical counter argument.

I don't understand why you are even debating this because you are clearly wrong.
Why leave a 400k secure job to take up an insecure job even if it pay's 800k as per your example

I don't think Penrith are going to slip down the ladder any time soon whereas the Tigers could be at or near the bottom for quite a few years yet.

You would be looking for a better head coaching role opportunity than taking any one currently on offer at either Wests Tigers/Bulldogs and Warriors one has to say.

If you had to pick any of the three then it would be the Bulldogs one.

BrotherJim05

Bench
One thing that works in our favour with Ciraldo is both his age and his lack of head coaching experience. If we give him a 5 year deal and he fails, he will simply be another coach that Tigers arsed and will be able to resume an assistant role quicker than you can change your shirt. Nobody will claim he's a shit head coach, the narrative will be that he got a baptism of fire at WT and in a few more years he will be ready to take a head coaching role at a club that doesn't totally suck ass. It's actually good for his career as he will be much better for the experience.

Or he absolutely kills it, achieves what 5 coaches (3 of which are premiership winners) couldn't in 10 years, and becomes the best thing since sliced Bellamy.

Maybe I'm biased but I think this is a win/win situation for his career

Fordy20

Juniors
Why leave a 400k secure job to take up an insecure job even if it pay's 800k as per your example

I don't think Penrith are going to slip down the ladder any time soon whereas the Tigers could be at or near the bottom for quite a few years yet.

You would be looking for a better head coaching role opportunity than taking any one currently on offer at either Wests Tigers/Bulldogs and Warriors one has to say.

If you had to pick any of the three then it would be the Bulldogs one.
He's better off waiting for the right opportunity, like Skull did.

Ned Kelly

Juniors

Ciraldo decision ‘imminent’ as Dogs ‘hold talks’ with another target amid Tigers’ big offer​

All the journo's are against us & dogs on this?
So the bulldogs have turned their attention to Woolf. Seems he might be a coach worth chasing.

Ned Kelly

Juniors

Ciraldo decision ‘imminent’ as Dogs ‘hold talks’ with another target amid Tigers’ big offer​

All the journo's are against us & dogs on this?
Dave Riccio bases there is an imminent decision because he has a feeling there will be. Apart from Sheens originally saying it won't be a fast process and (if my memory is correct) saying it will be closer to six weeks he has told Ciraldo he is not being pushed to make a fast decision.

It's make it up as you go along journalism.

Like every single half time report from the sheds ever uttered.

Had a mate in an NSW regional newspaper back in the day.

They got sent the horoscopes from the USA and they were usually a couple of months old by the time they were published. It was a big joke around the water cooler, especially when people would write in saying how accurate they were.

Don’t tell @The Rosco and ruin his life.

Although as a Scorpio ( in the sign of the meridian dark star left pawed ferret) the new year prediction that he will encounter a new spoon this year, seems on course.

Another buddy in TV world, job was to slash celebrities unreasonable pay demands. Half his luck.

Last edited:

Tigerm

Coach
Dave Riccio bases there is an imminent decision because he has a feeling there will be. Apart from Sheens originally saying it won't be a fast process and (if my memory is correct) saying it will be closer to six weeks he has told Ciraldo he is not being pushed to make a fast decision.

Yeah, I was watching a bit of the Fox show "360"? at the pub at lunchtime, for the first time in years, I am sure they believe that they actually run the NRL?

BrotherJim05

Bench

The more I think about it, the more I want to become a journalist. It's so fkn easy these days to just make shit up. All I would need to do is create 20 Twitter/Instagram accounts. Build up a bit of a following. Then have all of them say they heard the same rumour (which I'll just make up), then I'll report it as if it's a fact.

That is literally all these journos do. It's so fkn simple

The next thing from 360 is a leak that Madge is one of the applicants vying for the vacancy.

That be would worth a good ten minutes of bewilderment and outrage.

Although I can see him making the final cut of the interviews.

Last edited:

Vozzy

Juniors
If Ciraldo was going to come over but got scared of by recent results then he wasn't the guy we wanted. I could have told you once Madge went and players got transferred on to have money for new coach we will have 50 points put on us atleast 3 times and win no more then 3 more games. It's a hard challenge no doubt but surely someone with atleast Madges attitude take on the challenge that doesn't have a job.