What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Origin II - Sun 26 Jun - NSW 44-12 QLD @ Optus

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • Queensland

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frailty

First Grade
Jake Trbojevic showed why having a good defensive player in your pack is a must. He certainly tightened up the ruck defence for NSW last night. Qld were unable to find any holes around it when they had the ball, unlike Game 1. He also came up with a good 135 metres with ball in hand, which was the most metres by any NSW forward.

He played 71 minutes. The next most minutes for a front row forward was 43 minutes, and Haas had 37. Paulo had 123 metres, and Haas 109. They provided more impact with the ball.

As for the defence, other players did more work in that department. What Jake is good at is flopping in third man in, and slowing the play the ball down.

mxlegend99

Referee
Jurbo actually made good metres with the ball last night. Surprising to be honest as I expected him to put in a 50m or so performance in front row.

He was picked purely for his defence. But he did enough running the ball to create a platform for his halves. Throw in a much improved Paulo and it just made a world of difference for Cleary. Even Martin made more metres, though 86m in 70 minutes is hardly impressive.

Canard

Immortal
I do enjoy that NSW fans (and the media) are already congratulating themselves on the series win.

Game 3 will be different beast. (as it always is in Origin)

Blues Riff

Bench
Different era. Under 6 again, fatigue kills.

QLD easily repelled NSW when down to 12 for the first 8 minutes, but were gassed after that. Everyone knew this would be the outcome from the moment it happened
Not me. I was waiting for the "here come Queensland" wank.
Didn't happen. Makes sense now that you've explained that they were all tuckered out.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
He played 71 minutes. The next most minutes for a front row forward was 43 minutes, and Haas had 37. Paulo had 123 metres, and Haas 109. They provided more impact with the ball.

As for the defence, other players did more work in that department. What Jake is good at is flopping in third man in, and slowing the play the ball down.
You’re a bit dumb eh

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I do enjoy that NSW fans (and the media) are already congratulating themselves on the series win.

Game 3 will be different beast. (as it always is in Origin)
Absolutely. NSW should respect Qld more and just let them win all the time.

Seriously mate, the stage is set with all the stereotypical Qld dreams. Decider in Brisbane after a belting to fire up the players and fans.

Time to 'get' origin..

Genuine question, when is the last time a NSW player was sin binned in Origin?
Game 2, 2020 - Payne Haas

Recent sin binned players in origin:
2022 Kafusi (game 2)
2021 none
2020 Kafusi (game 1) Haas (game 2) Tino (game 2) Allen (game 3)
2019 Mitchell (game 1)
2018 Roberts (game 2) Maloney (game 3)
2017 none
2016 Fifita (game 3) Cronk (game 3)

total over 20 games NSW 5 Qld 5

mxlegend99

Referee
Cam Munster is talked up like he's some sort of f**king Wallie Lewis beast in Origin. But the stats just don't back that up at all.

He has played part in 4 full Origin series and has only won one of them. Cleary played part in those same 4 series and won 3 of them.

This will be Munsters 5th full series (if he's able to play Game 3) and could very well lose it putting him at a 20% series win rate for full series. Or he could win and be sitting on a whopping 40% with 2 series wins from 5 series. I mean he can be absolutely great at times, but he has gone missing so many times aswell and yet he has somehow been branded as a big game player.

Latest posts