What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Origin II - Sun 26 Jun - NSW 44-12 QLD @ Optus

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • Queensland

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nick87

Coach
With Arrow and Collins both off for 15mins, and Kaufusi binned, how would you have run the interchange?

Its easy to monday morning QB this but you have Papalii, Tino, Corrigan, Collins and Arrow as your middle forwards. That's ultimately what you're managing. And you need to balance the minutes out and not go hog wild so your backrow and hooker rotations arent banged... that all being said, spit balling it, id have done something like this

#1 - 24th minute: Collins OFF (HIA), Arrow ON
#2 - 25th minute: Papalii OFF, Corrigan ON

38th minute - Collins CLEARS HIA (according to NRL.com he cleared and returned at the same Arrow was taken off)
#3 - 38th minute: Arrow OFF (HIA), Collins ON

Half time Arrow CLEARS HIA

#4 - 55th minute - Arrow ON, Collins OFF
#5 - 60th minute - Papalii ON, Tino OFF

That would leave 3 interchanges for the hooker and backrow rotations/shit happens

In terms of minutes it gives Papalii 45, Tino 60, Collins 41, Arrow 39 and Corrigan 55

Now that's not ideal. Ideally you'd want to take Tino off at half time give him an extended rest and send him back out there for the final 20 with Papalii but the HIA's dictate some change. And it's probably more minutes for Corrigan than you'd like and ideally Collins would get more time but again with the HIA's, that's just the nature of the beast

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I agree, if any team is conceding that many penalties in such a short time, someone should go to the bin, my issue is that these weren't penalties in Game 1, it was ref'd differently and I can't help but think that Fittler's little spiel in the presser after the first game is the reason why
Learnt something from Bennett, master of putting the pressure on. Compliment not criticism.

SoO should not be a wrestle.

Qld know how to play footy, game on, see you in Brisbane, forget the wrestle play footy.

mxlegend99

Referee
Giving away a penalty or even getting binned is always the right choice if it means stopping a certain try

You'd rather stop certain points and at least have the chance of stopping more, even if your team is down a man, than letting points in. History has shown many a team lifting during their period down to 12 and even going on to score points. Its certainly not a given that "more points come flooding in"
NSW did that in 2018 when James Robert was sin binned in the 68th minute.

Leading by 4 points in the 68th minute, NSW had to basically finish the game with an already exhausted side and just kept turning up in defence to hang on to the 4 point lead. That won them the series.

Reflector

Juniors

Leading by 4 points in the 68th minute, NSW had to basically finish the game with an already exhausted side and just kept turning up in defence to hang on to the 4 point lead. That won them the series.
#passion

Jake Trbojevic showed why having a good defensive player in your pack is a must. He certainly tightened up the ruck defence for NSW last night. Qld were unable to find any holes around it when they had the ball, unlike Game 1. He also came up with a good 135 metres with ball in hand, which was the most metres by any NSW forward.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
For the record.

Teddy has been great both games, great leader, leads by example.

Jake was great this game, deny that and you hate too much.

Munster when not cleaning pools on Toorak Rd, is a great player, easily Qlds best both games.

For all the broohaha, Tupou has been the great. I love JAC and feel for him, but Daniel has been outstanding.

Slater looks a follower he always was, a great one at that, when is Cameron back in charge?

Bad use of your best front rower Billy.

Dane and Val both had average to poor games.

Nathan, robot like, born and bred and trained, an involved his entire life, produces.

Ponga who?

Let go to Lang Park and sort this out.

Ge a new ref if you like QLD.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I agree, if any team is conceding that many penalties in such a short time, someone should go to the bin, my issue is that these weren't penalties in Game 1, it was ref'd differently and I can't help but think that Fittler's little spiel in the presser after the first game is the reason why
If you can demonstrate a similar incident with 5 penalties in 90 seconds with Qld camped on NSW tryline, I'd agree with you

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member

That's severely disrespectful to Qld. How dare they!

mxlegend99

Referee
If you can demonstrate a similar incident with 5 penalties in 90 seconds with Qld camped on NSW tryline, I'd agree with you
I also think the referee would have let it slide if Kaufusi didn't just drop on him and hang around longer after hearing the 6 again thinking he can buy his team more time to rest before getting off him.

It was a pretty obvious professional foul trying to buy his team time. He succeeded and got a 10 minute rest for it.