What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders game.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Let's face it, 2009 - 2011 were special years that we were very fortunate to have experienced because of who we got as our coach. If we didn't get Bennett, those years could very well have been as they were from 2012 to now and our frustration even worse.

I'd like to think that we got something then to cherish before the big fall.

Players of today, no matter from which club, have no true loyalties and allegiance. The highlights reels, social media, money in the bank talks much more now.

Anyway, hopefully our boys can stay focused against the Raiders. Any fade outs will ruin our chances of a win. Start well and end well is my motto. What happens in between is another story.
I remember the night of the 2010 GF. I thought I’d have to celebrate as much as possible, no matter how tired I was because there was a chance I’d never see them win another grand final. 12 years later, and I’m glad I drank all those red bulls that night.

Dragon David

First Grade
I remember the night of the 2010 GF. I thought I’d have to celebrate as much as possible, no matter how tired I was because there was a chance I’d never see them win another grand final. 12 years later, and I’m glad I drank all those red bulls that night.
Lol, Lol what a classic 🤣. We will win another I am sure of that. Hopefully our fortunes will turn for the better in a few years time, starting next year. The better clubs will come down a peg with ageing players and we will have the new crop of newbies grown and bred to win in the red V.

Mitty266

Juniors
Hunt will be tired and sore from SOO. Play Sullivan at 7, Hunt at 9, and bring on McCullough when Hunt is gassed out.
Mate can I have some of what your drinking 😅 Most realistic bet is having bud in the 14 jersey.

He is still needing to prove himself at 7 in KOE cup remember ???

Dragon David

First Grade
Mate can I have some of what your drinking 😅 Most realistic bet is having bud in the 14 jersey.

He is still needing to prove himself at 7 in KOE cup remember ???
I just hope that the likes of Sullivan and Sloan can remain patient playing in the KOE Cup. They are signed to the end of 2024 and 2025 respectively so luckily when the time is right, they will be first graders - just hope they are given a chance to shine.

Illusion

Bench
I dont know the games I have seen him play at 7 looks like to me anyway he is a deadset cut above that grade, just my opinion.
Mate he played last year 3 or 4 games out of position at 9 and held his own ..... Just don't get why he is not on the bench , it gives the team a lot of options ..... Anyway what do I know ..... Coaching staff are getting paid to do that .....

denis preston

First Grade
This naming 22 players is just crap. Covid is contained , it is a home game so just name your bloody 17 with no need to nominate players for late withdrawals , is there ? Makes us guess what the Reggies side will be and they play before the NRL.

kit66

Bench
So much riding on this game - beat the Raiders and we jump 4 points clear of them, lose and they'll move ahead of us on F/A. Given they're one of the other teams aiming for the bottom of the top 8 this result will be massive.

Also a very good chance the teams around us lose - Souths (v Parra), Manly (v Storm) and Roosters (v Penrith) - so it's now or never for the Dragons.

These are the games that worry me the most, that type of scenario that could make or break us because invariably we stuff those up. Maybe things are looking up though, if they can improve on that 30 minutes of killer attitude from last week we'll go alright. Fingers crossed.
Gough is the ref and Atkins in the Bunker - both of whom are pretty fair when reffing us, maybe we'll win some of those 50/50 calls.

blacksafake

First Grade
These are the games that worry me the most, that type of scenario that could make or break us because invariably we stuff those up. Maybe things are looking up though, if they can improve on that 30 minutes of killer attitude from last week we'll go alright. Fingers crossed.
Gough is the ref and Atkins in the Bunker - both of whom are pretty fair when reffing us, maybe we'll win some of those 50/50 calls.
Agree with most except for Gough giving us a go.
He’s crucified us more times than not.