What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd16: Eels v Rabbits GAME DAY THREAD @ Accor Stadium 2/7/22

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Oh bullshit, have a look at the Cows spine. All rejects from other clubs.
Not rejects, smart recruitment.
People laughed their arse's off at them paying 800k for someone like Townsend.
How many times have I told you people have no idea?
He has gotten them very fit and a well drilled side that play 80 mins each and every week. How fit are we??? How well drilled are we??? How often if ever do we play 80 mins each and every week. All of that has nothing to do with resources or how much money a club has.
I agree we should recruit more toilers for our pack. You only need one Taumalolo.

hindy111

Post Whore
Personally, I think we won't make the 4. The only spot we could possibly achieve in the top 4 is 4th, the position that the Sharks currently hold. Here is the run home for both teams.
Eels: Tigers (away)
Warriors (home)
Broncos (home)
Panthers (home)
Sea Eagles (away)
Rabbits (home)
Bulldogs (home)
Broncos (away)
Storm (home)

Sharks: Storm (home)
Cowboys (away)
Panthers (away)
Rabbits (home)
Dragons (home)
Tigers (away)
Sea Eagles (away)
Bulldogs (home)
Knights (away)

Throw the Broncos into the mix and it's a major struggle for us to achieve the 4 especially with our unpredictable form and for/against record.

Broncos: Dragons (home)
Titans (away)
Eels (away)
Tigers (home)
Roosters (away)
Knights (away)
Storm (home)
Eels (home)
Dragons (away)
The only advantage the Eels have is the 6 home games.

Souths could go on a run.

We will finish 7th- 9th

Hindy111 has spoken

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Keep in mind our best junior in the last 15yrs Jnr Paulo was also let go by our bone head management. The one rare talented Jnr we had and couldn't lock him up for his career.
Hopeless
The salary cap debacle cost us more than just Junior Paulo.

hindy111

Post Whore
The salary cap debacle cost us more than just Junior Paulo.

Anyhows I do not care. Come finals lets just hope we click and are all fit and firing.
f**k the top 4. Penrith or Storm at home? No thanks. 6th would be best.
At this point I reckon we may be put week 1 of final however.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Not rejects, smart recruitment.
How many times have I told you people have no idea?I agree we should recruit more toilers for our pack. You only need one Taumalolo.
Dearden, Robson and Townsend were all unwanted by their current clubs. Even Drinkwater was surplus to requirements at the Storm. Their spine would of been considered bottom 4 before the season started.

strider

Post Whore
The Roosters are not currently even close to being a top 4 team. They don't even have a 7 or 6 that they can rely on ffs. Either injured or still a rookie and a forward pack that is not what it used to be. Hardly a team that anyone can confidently say that they are a top 4 team.

There is a reason why they are outside the top 8 at the moment ffs!

Some people really have no freaking idea. Even in this weak and lopsided competition they are struggling to find consistent form. Halves may have something to do with being a top 4 team I would have thought. Please footy isn't that hard to understand, is it?
We are talking about squads, irrespective of injuries .... dont be an apologist for the brave roosters ffs

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
Junior Paulo was gone before we were caught rorting the cap, we were cheating and still couldn’t see how important he was lol.

I understand losing hot juniors when your a side like Penrith. Successful and a production line of talent.
But when Jnr left he was one of our only decent juniors in years and we where just an average football side. It blew my mind we didnt go balls deep to keep him.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The Roosters are not currently even close to being a top 4 team. They don't even have a 7 or 6 that they can rely on ffs. Either injured or still a rookie and a forward pack that is not what it used to be. Hardly a team that anyone can confidently say that they are a top 4 team.

There is a reason why they are outside the top 8 at the moment ffs!

Some people really have no freaking idea. Even in this weak and lopsided competition they are struggling to find consistent form. Halves may have something to do with being a top 4 team I would have thought. Please footy isn't that hard to understand, is it?
I reckon Strider was spot on.

A bit harsh to suggest he has no idea.