What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd17 2022: non Parra games (split round)

strider

Post Whore
Never tried a whisky sour

Ingredients: 1 1/2 oz (3 parts) Bourbon whiskey, 1 dash egg white, 1 oz (2 parts) Fresh lemon juice, 1/2 oz (1 part) Gomme syrup

How do you get syrup out of a gnome?

Wally21

Bench
Never tried a whisky sour

Ingredients: 1 1/2 oz (3 parts) Bourbon whiskey, 1 dash egg white, 1 oz (2 parts) Fresh lemon juice, 1/2 oz (1 part) Gomme syrup

How do you get syrup out of a gnome?
Strides, it’s mothers milk! The Gomme syrup is not gentleman’s relish, but simple syrup or sugar syrup. (1 part sugar, 1 part water, heated until sugar dissolves). I’m gonna sound like a deadshit, but I was traveling a lot for work and had my first one at “the Long bar” in Shanghai. Life changing!!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Made the tough call. Or was it easy?
Their CEO and board knew that there was no further improvement with Morris and showed him the door not a contract extension
And Morris was only given 2 seasons, imagine giving someone 9 seasons and still not being unable to make a decision????

LOL Hasty!!!

Gronk

Staff member
Made the tough call. Or was it easy?
Their CEO and board knew that there was no further improvement with Morris and showed him the door not a contract extension
Did you do a bit of cheeky filling in the blanks here so that it could some how apply to our club ? 🤓

Cos it was stated that they reason he was booted was because of his inability to attract top level players and they could not beat any of the top 8 teams.

Soto

Bench

Gronk

Staff member
Correct. So they were smart enough to know he wasn't the answer.
Don't prolong the inevitable
Yeah but we have one of the best rosters and have no problem beating Top 8 teams. So there's that.

Gronk

Staff member
That's laughable
Smacked by soufs, smacked by cows, smacked by sharks.
Tell em your dreaming
I'll tell you this for nothing. Teams wonder around in the dark abyss for many reasons. The first is that their back office is a mess, the second is that they don't have a premium halfback and a half decent spine and forward rotation to back him up. The third is having a squad who can play at 80% potential every week. The last is a man manager.

You need to get all of those right and then apply luck with timing and magnitude of injuries, recruiting 65% of your squad on unders who play above their paygrade and then somehow manage to be just better than everyone at it for that year.

Many people point the finger at our man manager as the reason why we are not rising to the very top and that may be the case, but you need to run a NRL club holistically and deal with each and every facet of the job.

Sure, change BA if there is a ready made replacement with a proven track record available, but you never make change for the sake of change.

If you make the wrong call on the coach, it can put you back years. Good coaches that get players to buy in are like good halfbacks. Rare are hens teeth.

This is not aground breaking statement: It's far easier to identify the players who are bringing inconsistency into the squad and cut them, than to bring in a new coach, assistants and then chop n change the roster.

BA is nearing the end of his tenure. We know that and he knows that. The club certainly knows that and no doubt would be already forward-planning for the transition. This year we have seen Kidwell make way and Ennis and Mary come in for new ideas. Lets' not ignore Simon Woolford too. It's not rocket science to work out that they think their man manager needs some help. No doubt 2023 will bring in different assistants too.

One thing is you don't panic and make rash decisions when you have no need to. Unlike most of the clubs, we have a good back office, great facilities, and a bloody good team. What makes a team hum along like the Panthers ? Wouldn't we all like to know ? I'm sure that the Roosters and Storm are scratching their heads, cos they are also struggling for consistency.

That's my 2 cents. Change the coach when you have actually identified the problem to be the coach. Don't change the coach because he's the easiest guy to blame. Cos 9 times out of 10 you will just end up with the same results.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Ive always thought of BA as an outstanding "Man Manager" although more recently there are signs that his impact in this area is diminishing. Ive never felt he was a great systems and tactical coach. Still dont. Like Poo says, For V Against is where its at and ours under BA has always been average mostly as a result of our lousy defence.
Change is coming Gronky. Its inescapable. That said Id be more than happy if he remained an Eel in some other role.
Tigpies and Warriors games are huge.

hindy111

Post Whore
I'll tell you this for nothing. Teams wonder around in the dark abyss for many reasons. The first is that their back office is a mess, the second is that they don't have a premium halfback and a half decent spine and forward rotation to back him up. The third is having a squad who can play at 80% potential every week. The last is a man manager.

You need to get all of those right and then apply luck with timing and magnitude of injuries, recruiting 65% of your squad on unders who play above their paygrade and then somehow manage to be just better than everyone at it for that year.

Many people point the finger at our man manager as the reason why we are not rising to the very top and that may be the case, but you need to run a NRL club holistically and deal with each and every facet of the job.

Sure, change BA if there is a ready made replacement with a proven track record available, but you never make change for the sake of change.

If you make the wrong call on the coach, it can put you back years. Good coaches that get players to buy in are like good halfbacks. Rare are hens teeth.

This is not aground breaking statement: It's far easier to identify the players who are bringing inconsistency into the squad and cut them, than to bring in a new coach, assistants and then chop n change the roster.

BA is nearing the end of his tenure. We know that and he knows that. The club certainly knows that and no doubt would be already forward-planning for the transition. This year we have seen Kidwell make way and Ennis and Mary come in for new ideas. Lets' not ignore Simon Woolford too. It's not rocket science to work out that they think their man manager needs some help. No doubt 2023 will bring in different assistants too.

One thing is you don't panic and make rash decisions when you have no need to. Unlike most of the clubs, we have a good back office, great facilities, and a bloody good team. What makes a team hum along like the Panthers ? Wouldn't we all like to know ? I'm sure that the Roosters and Storm are scratching their heads, cos they are also struggling for consistency.

That's my 2 cents. Change the coach when you have actually identified the problem to be the coach. Don't change the coach because he's the easiest guy to blame. Cos 9 times out of 10 you will just end up with the same results.

Whens your next holiday? Should try diving with great white sharks. No cage.

Gronk

Staff member
Ive always thought of BA as an outstanding "Man Manager" although more recently there are signs that his impact in this area is diminishing. Ive never felt he was a great systems and tactical coach. Still dont. Like Poo says, For V Against is where its at and ours under BA has always been average mostly as a result of our lousy defence.
Change is coming Gronky. Its inescapable. That said Id be more than happy if he remained an Eel in some other role.
Tigpies and Warriors games are huge.
True. People talk about windows, and I reckon ours was last year. I'm only being wise in hindsight here, but it's pretty clear that our players have their minds in other places. These contract negotiations and roster changes have taken their toll. We're not as good a team as last year and the salary cap has taken a baseball bat to our roster for the next.

If anyone thinks that putting "the next guy up" in the drivers seat next year is going to improve things dramatically will get a rude shock methinks.

Anyway, I'm cool with whatever they do. I'm not silly enough to pretend that I have the answers. So I'll leave it to the guys in charge.

Gronk

Staff member
Whens your next holiday? Should try diving with great white sharks. No cage.
I saw a shark snorkelling once at Aitutaki lagoon in the Cook Islands. It got about 6 foot away and I have never been so scared in all my life.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I saw a shark snorkelling once at Aitutaki lagoon in the Cook Islands. It got about 6 foot away and I have never been so scared in all my life.
I actually swam with sharks and stingrays in Bora Bora a few years ago. Absolutely exhilarating . The natives would throw pilchards at us so the sharks would charge at us to eat them. We found out after that they had a few "incidents" in the past. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Gronk

Staff member
I actually swam with sharks and stingrays in Bora Bora a few years ago. Absolutely exhilarating . The natives would throw pilchards at us so the sharks would charge at us to eat them. We found out after that they had a few "incidents" in the past. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Yeah you hear stories like that in Fiji too.

I got taken out in a dinghy from our Fiji island with 3 others and left on a reef about 1km away from HQ. The merkin in his tinny zoomed off and forgot about us. We were treading water for 2+ hours until Mrs Gronk went the full Karen and asked to see the manager.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Yeah you hear stories like that in Fiji too.

I got taken out in a dinghy from our Fiji island with 3 others and left on a reef about 1km away from HQ. The merkin in his tinny zoomed off and forgot about us. We were treading water for 2+ hours until Mrs Gronk went the full Karen and asked to see the manager.
Did the merkin in the tinny resemble @hindy111 ?

Noise

Coach
I saw the smallest shark ever surfing yesterday. It was not exhilarating and caused me to have that f**king baby shark song in my head for the next hour.

Latest posts