What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd18: Parra v Warriors GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 15/7/22

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
As someone who has been a season ticket holder since 1986, I have seen our fans boo the team off at half time for playing garbage.

However I have never experienced them booing a 10 game 19 year old rookie. Everyone around us was open mouthed shocked and disgusted.

There you go, the “innocent playful jesting” on social media has morphed into hate.

I don’t care what anyone says, he doesn’t deserve that.
Lucky he didn't get coins thrown at him as well.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
I think I already know. How many teams have ever won the Premiership that weren't in the top 3 defensive teams of the season?

I think the answer tell us where we are at.

Also rans again and our window is over at the end of this year.

They should be privately planning to go in a different direction coach wise if the board had any brains.
Certainly need to tighten up in Defence but if we go on a winning run heading into the finals, I’d still feel good about our chances.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I guess we’ve sorted out our utility for the rest of the year.
During warm up prior to the game Jake was practicing passing from the ground. Just after half time he was picking up ricochets off the dug out wall and again practicing passing off the ground. It was pretty obvious he was preparing for dummy half duties.
It was definitely planned. Id much prefer a specialing dummy half on the bench as I reckon Rheed struggles to play the full 80. That said, Jakes passing was much better than Stones but he was somewhat lost in D re his positioning. Lots of pointing to where he needed to be. He generally defended ok considering its his first ever run in that position. Im guessing we will see a lot more in weeks to come.

During warm up prior to the game Jake was practicing passing from the ground. Just after half time he was picking up ricochets off the dug out wall and again practicing passing off the ground. It was pretty obvious he was preparing for dummy half duties.
It was definitely planned. Id much prefer a specialing dummy half on the bench as I reckon Rheed struggles to play the full 80. That said, Jakes passing was much better than Stones but he was somewhat lost in D re his positioning. Lots of pointing to where he needed to be. He generally defended ok considering its his first ever run in that position. Im guessing we will see a lot more in weeks to come.
When I suggest someone might make a decent dummy half BA completely ignores me but when it's his son he's all over it!!

hindy111

Post Whore
It must be fun living in your head 24/7 so much negativity.

I am being realistic mate. I'm talking about turning us into a side that wins the comp not makes up the numbers come finals. You think the way we are performing currently will get us far? Answer is NO. We would go out first week.

And if I was in charge of the side this is how I would see it. I reckon BA would see it the same as well. If listened to Fitler or Gallen who both no their footy they pretty much said similar. Nothing impressive about us currently.

Discussing what's happening is a way to resolve issues. We need to look at ways we are creating opportunities and giving sides them and fix. That's how we will evolve as a team.

hindy111

Post Whore
Im not sure if you are aware, but he has an ongoing battle with insomnia ffs

Hindy isnt negative to the degree of others. Its generally fair judgements of our bad points, maybe a bit harsh on us.

People are off their tits if they think our win last night was great. We won. We needed to win so job done. But it just didn't impress me. We played a very weak side as far as this competition goes and where at home.
I think it's good for our confidence. It gives us something to build on. If we beat the Broncos and Panthers over next two weeks then things will snowball. A game like last night and the week before might be the small flame that turns into a wild fire as we build towards the finals.

Positive for me where Sivo who's forms been great since back and Gutherson/Mahoney playing better.

If Opacic, Russel or Cini have a good game this week Simmonson goes.

hindy111

Post Whore
As someone who has been a season ticket holder since 1986, I have seen our fans boo the team off at half time for playing garbage.

However I have never experienced them booing a 10 game 19 year old rookie.

Paul Cariage didn’t get booed FFS.

Everyone around us was open mouthed shocked and disgusted.

There you go, the “innocent playful jesting” on social media has morphed into hate.

I don’t care what anyone says, he doesn’t deserve that.

I'd never Boo any Parra player. Unsure how it helps him. But why I don't go to games. Having drunk peanuts screaming in the cold weather.no thanks.

hindy111

Post Whore

If that's the plan then why not let him play 80mins in that position in NSW CUP for a month first?

JokerEel

Coach
I am being realistic mate. I'm talking about turning us into a side that wins the comp not makes up the numbers come finals. You think the way we are performing currently will get us far? Answer is NO. We would go out first week.

And if I was in charge of the side this is how I would see it. I reckon BA would see it the same as well. If listened to Fitler or Gallen who both no their footy they pretty much said similar. Nothing impressive about us currently.

Discussing what's happening is a way to resolve issues. We need to look at ways we are creating opportunities and giving sides them and fix. That's how we will evolve as a team.

Your being a realists by only ever bringing up the negatives. 🥴