What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The “Unpopular Opinion” Thread

Newcastle should ditch NSW Mining as a sponsor. Not because of the shit hi-vis jersey or our often poor performances when wearing it, but because of climate change and its promotion of an industry destroying the planet.
Tell the Storm to ditch Suzuki as a sponsor as well due to vehicle emissions.

Damn climate change zealots.

Burwood

Bench
I get the feeling that this might get a bit more airtime throughout the year....
Santos is by no means the only fossil fuel company getting in on the action. Among the more high profile examples are coal mining giant Adani’s sponsorship of the North Queensland Cowboys and the NSW Minerals Council’s partnership with the Newcastle Knights.

Yosh

Coach
I get the feeling that this might get a bit more airtime throughout the year....

In football (soccer) most of the top teams are owned by energy companies (either Russian or from the Middle East). It's an issue that's getting more publicity than before.

Knight76

Juniors
They can't ditch fossil fuel sponsorship on footy jerseys, how am I going to know where I can pick up 3,000 tonne of coal?

Burwood

Bench
I’m feeling pretty good about my unpopular opinions at this stage of the season. Best has had another season of doing nothing, but we are constantly being reminded by commentators what a strike weapon he is. Jones belongs in the Real NRL. Brailey’s best attribute is that he’s better than Randall. Mann has improved on 2021 and is the least of our problems this year.

Loose Cannon

Bench
I’m feeling pretty good about my unpopular opinions at this stage of the season. Best has had another season of doing nothing, but we are constantly being reminded by commentators what a strike weapon he is. Jones belongs in the Real NRL. Brailey’s best attribute is that he’s better than Randall. Mann has improved on 2021 and is the least of our problems this year.
Not sure your opinion is unpopular just now.

Spot On

Coach
Frizell has been a little underwhelming this season.

Gagai is a good signing and has improved out of sight since he was here last.

Barnett is our best forward. Effort and skill wise.

Fitzgibbon isn’t near as bad as what is made out.

Hunt is easily our best outside back and should have been playing in the centres the last 2 years

AOB has done a good job and turned us into a tough team that can grind out wins. I think he’ll take us a step further next year and get us pushing the top 4.
It’s been a tough 12 months hey.

Your first point still rings true tbh.

Can update the rest though and rewrite them to read as the exact opposite now.

Ah, Newcastle. What an organisation!

mozza91

Coach
It’s been a tough 12 months hey.

Your first point still rings true tbh.

Can update the rest though and rewrite them to read as the exact opposite now.

Ah, Newcastle. What an organisation!
Yeah most of that has been proven completely wrong. Still stand by Barnett though.

Spot On

Coach
he has fallen off a cliff since he signed with the warriors. The rest of our team bar a few have too though so it’s not so obvious.

Probably a wrap for him noticing how poor he is playing now. Another passenger since his return from suspension and signing with NZ.