What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 Vs Sharks

shaggs

Coach
At about the 20 minute mark, API started to move his feet at sunny half and bring your bigger more mobile forwards onto the ball. Up until that we had matched you guys in the ruck.

This allowed Cleary to do his thing. Ran often, passed and kicked early. Turned our blokes around and they ran out of gas. You guys won the field position battle. Forced us into some bad passing options and kicks off the back foot.

As a shark I’m not too unhappy. Couple of things to tidy up. Essentially matched it with the runaway best team in the comp for periods. We now need to just put it together for 80 like you can

Smug Panther

First Grade
Both were very similar games. Merely following the game plan.

Last night was a pass given the circumstances. In the next month we play Parra, Storm and Souths... We are going to need to offer more then a 7 following the game plan. Teams know our game plan and will shut it down
We are too good to be troubled

Iamback

Coach
At about the 20 minute mark, API started to move his feet at sunny half and bring your bigger more mobile forwards onto the ball. Up until that we had matched you guys in the ruck.

This allowed Cleary to do his thing. Ran often, passed and kicked early. Turned our blokes around and they ran out of gas. You guys won the field position battle. Forced us into some bad passing options and kicks off the back foot.

As a shark I’m not too unhappy. Couple of things to tidy up. Essentially matched it with the runaway best team in the comp for periods. We now need to just put it together for 80 like you can

Size of your side is the biggest weakness you have

WestyLife

First Grade
Both were very similar games. Merely following the game plan.

Last night was a pass given the circumstances. In the next month we play Parra, Storm and Souths... We are going to need to offer more then a 7 following the game plan. Teams know our game plan and will shut it down

He kicked early and had much more variation as did he playmaking.

kinghippo

Juniors
@kinghippo

Kenny tackles at a better rate that api who is the best defensive 9 in the comp..

Kenny 93.2%
Api 92%.

Yeah api plays the 80 every week and kenny often not. But hes a brilliant defender.

Kenny 2022 avgs
Error ever 133mins
Penalty every 105mins
Avg 28mins a game
Tackles 93.2%

So your talking crap. 5 penalties and 4 errors in 19 games...

Want to know who gives away penalties for the panthers @kinghippo
Fly the Kenny flag as much as you like, my point is when he is out of position I believe the team struggles.
I would prefer api came off when Kenny comes on.
I think he gives away lots of penalties ( six agains mainly) and have never said he is a bad defender.

We saw the same a couple weeks back when we luke was brought on, two number 9’s on the field doesn’t do us any favours. Luke came off, props came back on and we steadied.

Lat night Kenny added zero, Huth was sitting on the bench and as a bigger body against a big pack would have been the replacement I would have made.

Kenny fills in fine when in the back row but for many games this year he has ended up at prop with fish, leota and lenui/ Martin sitting on the bench.

mxlegend99

Referee
Nathan was handily outplayed by his opposite both with the boot and ball running, wasn't close. If we had Hynes and they had Cleary last night we'd have won 30 nil.
The result would have been reversed if Hynes and cleary had swapped teams.

Hynes team had all the early momentum and they could only score 2x 50/50 tries with a shitload of luck.

Sharks halves were terrible at managing the game

Iamback

Coach
He kicked early and had much more variation as did he playmaking.

Pretty much staying on the right.
We are at our best when he and Luai combine. So he could pop up on the left more

He throws a decent rainbow pass. The defence had Martin contained pretty good. A couple of those too To'o gets the defence hanging back.

That is the sort of eyes up footy missing from his game when we aren't dominating

Iamback

Coach
The result would have been reversed if Hynes and cleary had swapped teams.

Hynes team had all the early momentum and they could only score 2x 50/50 tries with a shitload of luck.

Sharks halves were terrible at managing the game

We had a stack more possession yet took quick thinking from the left 1st set after halftime and Api at the end to get the win

Iamback

Coach
Our forwards won't dog it though

Neither will others.

Take the right side. The outside backs can rush in at Martin/Cleary all game. We will keep the same shape as per the game plan.

Have your right backrower shut down Kiks and we have nothing.

So hopefully we have a few moves that we are keeping secret for the finals.

Things like Edwards running inside Cleary so we can turn it inside if Martin is being marked well

Going wide earlier in the sets. Things like that make defence think

The Realist

Juniors
We are too good to be troubled

I felt pretty comfortable even when we were down however we were one fumbled intercept with less than 5 minutes left from losing 16-14.

The game was far closer than it needed to be given how many times our defence smashed the Sharks into turn overs near half way. Many of our sets we looked completely lost, though for some of them I would have to credit a good Sharks team defending well.

Iamback

Coach
I felt pretty comfortable even when we were down however we were one fumbled intercept with less than 5 minutes left from losing 16-14.

The game was far closer than it needed to be given how many times our defence smashed the Sharks into turn overs near half way. Many of our sets we looked completely lost, though for some of them I would have to credit a good Sharks team defending well.

Correct. If To'o doesn't take that intercept they score and after stupidly not taking the 2. We could of been behind

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Funnily enough, I think our biggest dangers in the finals are the Broncos, Souths, and the Eels. The Broncos have been tough to beat for us over the last couple of years (last game aside), and they are a lot better now. Souths are just confident and have more X-factor (especially because Mitchell will be flying by the time the finals start), even if they are liable to fall in a heap every now and then (and they will be up for a GF rematch). And the Eels always step up against us.

If we are in a Grand Final against any of those three teams, we would be favorites, of course, but I'd be shitting it much more than any of the other teams.

Iamback

Coach
Funnily enough, I think our biggest dangers in the finals are the Broncos, Souths, and the Eels. The Broncos have been tough to beat for us over the last couple of years (last game aside), and they are a lot better now. Souths are just confident and have more X-factor (especially because Mitchell will be flying by the time the finals start), even if they are liable to fall in a heap every now and then (and they will be up for a GF rematch). And the Eels always step up against us.

If we are in a Grand Final against any of those three teams, we would be favorites, of course, but I'd be shitting it much more than any of the other teams.

Broncs v us is the GF I think.

Souffs are an elite team with Latrell but he do something stupid soon enough and miss game time.

As for the Eels. They won't be top 4. Likely play Storm in Finals. So will go out before they play us