What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd20: Parra v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 29/7/22

strider

Post Whore
You can’t trust a bald man, I should know these things.
Its interesting .... cos when we beat the ruff earlier this year, it was a tight game but we went away from em in the second half - by passing the ball a bit wider and getting outside their charging defenders close to the ruck .... that seemed to change mid game

Last night we did that early and obviously blew em away .... i guess the wonderful players just made those tactics up both times ... the same players everyone loves to call pea hearts and dumb dumbs.

Also interesting that Hoops' halftime report from our dressing room was that BAs key message was, and i quote, cos i just rewatched it, "do not take the foot off the jugular" .... but then i guess Hoops is bald too.

JokerEel

Coach
Its interesting .... cos when we beat the ruff earlier this year, it was a tight game but we went away from em in the second half - by passing the ball a bit wider and getting outside their charging defenders close to the ruck .... that seemed to change mid game

Last night we did that early and obviously blew em away .... i guess the wonderful players just made those tactics up both times ... the same players everyone loves to call pea hearts and dumb dumbs.

Also interesting that Hoops' halftime report from our dressing room was that BAs key message was, and i quote, cos i just rewatched it, "do not take the foot off the jugular" .... but then i guess Hoops is bald too.

Can't be true BA wouldn't say that 😅

King-Gutho94

Coach
The Cowboys are currently second favourites with a spine of Drinkwater, Dearden,Townsend and Robson. They’re obviously having a great season but that doesn’t exactly scream premiership winning spine to me. We should be firmly entrenched in the top 4 with the current standard of the competition so it will be the biggest missed opportunity of the last few decades if we don’t do something in this years finals.
I was at a sportsman's lunch before going the game last night. And James Graham was guest speaker and he said he has no idea about parramatta cant read them at all.

He said they could come 4th and go out in straight sets it wouldn't surprise him. Or they could finish 8th and win the comp and it wouldn't surprise him either.

TheRam

Coach
I think it's more to his thinking around the Bench.

Lane and Ice looked gassed in the second half but doesn't sub them off.

He also said that our to front towers are on big coin so should be on the field alot more 🤦🏼

I suppose what else could he say when our bench is so useless. The air is let out of the balloon every time the two starting props come off.

hindy111

Post Whore
They weren't a well-drilled and highly-disciplined side when we played football in the first half though were they?

All these excuses are just that, excuses. We had wiped them by the end of the first half. They had to do so much more tackling then us that they were spent and would have been preying that we didn't come out in the second half with the same vigor and tactics as in the first half or by the 50th or 60th minute they would have been absolutely fu*ked and the points would have come thick and fast.

And guess what? Their prayers came true and we came out as meek as a mouse and gave them time to reclaim the ascendency and they ended up outscoring us. How pathetic and embarrassing on our behalf. What do you think would have happened if the tables were reverse and we were the ones playing with 12 men? Do you think the Panthers would have bumbled around like we did and lost the second half?

Brilliant analysis

TheRam

Coach
He will provide calmness and composure we desperately need on the field especially with our spine.

But I agree he is a walking timebomb with that knee.

Did you see the way he was playing before his latest knee injury? Hardly inspiring stuff or great composure. He was over playing his hand and was actually baulking their fluency in attack. Lets hope I'm wrong and he does bring a positive balance to the team and hopefully relatively free of injury too.

The Predictor

Juniors
They weren't a well-drilled and highly-disciplined side when we played football in the first half though were they?

All these excuses are just that, excuses. We had wiped them by the end of the first half. They had to do so much more tackling then us that they were spent and would have been preying that we didn't come out in the second half with the same vigor and tactics as in the first half or by the 50th or 60th minute they would have been absolutely fu*ked and the points would have come thick and fast.

And guess what? Their prayers came true and we came out as meek as a mouse and gave them time to reclaim the ascendency and they ended up outscoring us. How pathetic and embarrassing on our behalf. What do you think would have happened if the tables were reverse and we were the ones playing with 12 men? Do you think the Panthers would have bumbled around like we did and lost the second half?
👏

hindy111

Post Whore
My take is this.

If everyone's fit Penrith are going to be very hard to beat. Reality is there halves where missing and centre. But I also feel they are beatable. They play a system and players have a role. Take them out of it and many of their players are just above average including Nathan. Look he is 24 and an excellent player who won't peak until 26/27. But he isn't the best halfback in the game. Ben Hunt and DCE are superior. They are just in far worse sides.

Panthers rely on fitness and a fast tempo. I don't see mind blowing attack. They just wear you down and run over you in the last 20mins.
I still think the key is if your ahead play a very slow game with lots of stopages. If you let the game play too fast they are just to mobile and fit. They will get quick play the balls and just roll you. Slow them down and they can be stopped easier then some imagine.

At 2-1 I wouldn't touch them to win comp. It's heating up and I reckon we might see a few twists and turns before the seasons over.

TheRam

Coach
Imagine the Wok??? He would of been snapping necks.

Mate they would be all walking the plank with a panther pit below for being such useless pussies.

Seriously how anyone can justify and defend such a meek and inept second half performance when so much is at stake and importance to claim a top 4 spot is beyond me.

Also imagine what boost to morale it just gave the Panthers and the rest of the NRL watching that and re-enforcing once again how mentally weak we can be. Teams will never feel defeated when playing against us, even if we are totally on top and have a large lead. That in itself is a concerning position to be in as a team. It means you can almost never break the spirit of your opponent and they will just hang in there no matter what and always be at you knowing you may fold at any second.

Which with our bench, is a major probability.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Did you run out of rum?
Almost. My mate screwed me, he made me and a few others go to slipstream for his B’Day. He said they do Ginger Beers which I don’t mind for a change. So I get him a shout of some purple looking Mulberry beverage. I ordered the Ginger beer( cost 14 for a pint). I’ve taken a sip and it’s f**kin beer that tastes like Ginger. He thought it was the funniest thing ever, absolutely analed!! He said oh that’s right it’s probably not alcoholic Ginger beer 😐 only run they had was Beenleigh 🤮

He’s a Riff fan so revenge was sweet when he’s golden booted zit faced hero got sent off 🤓

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Yep bald people, untrustworthy very untrustworthy.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Almost. My mate screwed me, he made me and a few others go to slipstream for his B’Day. He said they do Ginger Beers which I don’t mind for a change. So I get him a shout of some purple looking Mulberry beverage. I ordered the Ginger beer( cost 14 for a pint). I’ve taken a sip and it’s f**kin beer that tastes like Ginger. He thought it was the funniest thing ever, absolutely analed!! He said oh that’s right it’s probably not alcoholic Ginger beer 😐 only run they had was Beenleigh 🤮

He’s a Riff fan so revenge was sweet when he’s golden booted zit faced hero got sent off 🤓
Analed by your mate.

Chipmunk

Coach
I was at a sportsman's lunch before going the game last night. And James Graham was guest speaker and he said he has no idea about parramatta cant read them at all.

He said they could come 4th and go out in straight sets it wouldn't surprise him. Or they could finish 8th and win the comp and it wouldn't surprise him either.
We're just that sort of team.

Chipmunk

Coach
My take is this.

If everyone's fit Penrith are going to be very hard to beat. Reality is there halves where missing and centre. But I also feel they are beatable. They play a system and players have a role. Take them out of it and many of their players are just above average including Nathan. Look he is 24 and an excellent player who won't peak until 26/27. But he isn't the best halfback in the game. Ben Hunt and DCE are superior. They are just in far worse sides.

Panthers rely on fitness and a fast tempo. I don't see mind blowing attack. They just wear you down and run over you in the last 20mins.
I still think the key is if your ahead play a very slow game with lots of stopages. If you let the game play too fast they are just to mobile and fit. They will get quick play the balls and just roll you. Slow them down and they can be stopped easier then some imagine.

At 2-1 I wouldn't touch them to win comp. It's heating up and I reckon we might see a few twists and turns before the seasons over.
It's all based on continuous run hard, tackle hard at Penrith. Little more.

Latest posts