What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Rocket man

Juniors
Watching and listening closely, Rickys verbal attack was totally pre meditated which makes it even worse. Listen how he sets it up with his "understanding" of the JFH head high even to the point where he hopes he isnt suspended. Classic set up. "Im such a tolerant and genuine bloke for saying this so "that" must be really bad.
Im gobsmacked. He should have his coaching accreditation cancelled and marked never to coach again. If ever there was a weak dog act, that was it. I hope Penrith sue
I wouldn't be surprised if someone asked a journalist to ask about the JFH tackle to allow the comments to occur.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Another issue to consider when evaluating our halves is that we have f**k all depth right now. There aren't any halves kicking the door down from our lower grades, so if we let Mitch go, we have to buy an established half and the cupboard is pretty bare there as well.

Gronk

Staff member
Another issue to consider when evaluating our halves is that we have f**k all depth right now. There aren't any halves kicking the door down from our lower grades, so if we let Mitch go, we have to buy an established half and the cupboard is pretty bare there as well.
Imagine letting Moses walk after waiting since 1990 to break the No.7 curse.

Happy MEel

First Grade
So which positions do you want to weaken by investing $2m in the 6 and 7?
I think you’d try and spread it across the side. Moving Matto to Ice’s edge and Hopgood to 13 saves some coin and shouldn’t weaken us too much. Nrown's position in the squad could be replaced from within saving more coin and I wouldn’t be against replacing Sivo if we still needed more $$$

This

strider

Post Whore
I think you’d try and spread it across the side. Moving Matto to Ice’s edge and Hopgood to 13 saves some coin and shouldn’t weaken us too much. Nrown's position in the squad could be replaced from within saving more coin and I wouldn’t be against replacing Sivo if we still needed more $$$
Is that saving money? ... papa is currently cheap .... matto got a bit of an upgrade i imagine (he was already on reasonable coin) ... i imagine Hopgood is probably similar cheap to current papa.

Moving Nrown on will free some money. Are we sure we can do that yet?

Happy MEel

First Grade
Is that saving money? ... papa is currently cheap .... matto got a bit of an upgrade i imagine (he was already on reasonable coin) ... i imagine Hopgood is probably similar cheap to current papa.

Moving Nrown on will free some money. Are we sure we can do that yet?
Aren’t we trying to keep Ice though? That means we have some extra coin somewhere. That could be put towards retaining our halves.

SneakyEel

Juniors
Listen to Brad Takairanga talk about Stuart when he was at the sharks (it’s in a podcast, think locker room / bloke in the bar), think it was an SG ball game, and Stuart sprayed the team after a loss (he wasn’t even the coach) and told Mr T he wouId never play NRL…..

UPDATE - here is the video around 4.40, basically Mr T had never met Stuart, blew up at half time, he was only 16 and Stuart told him he was rubbish and that was his last game for the sharks:

Imagine saying something like that to a 16-year-old kid. He's an absolute f**k wit that's a low act

strider

Post Whore
Aren’t we trying to keep Ice though? That means we have some extra coin somewhere. That could be put towards retaining our halves.
true ..... also I guess upgrades to halves are for 2024 onwards, when nrown is definitely gone

i suspect keeping Ice might be dependent on moving Nrown on ...... or maybe we will somehow backend Ice

anyone know how long Hopgood is contracted for? ..... if he steps up to NRL well, he is going to end up another Ice expecting decent money next contract

Happy MEel

First Grade
true ..... also I guess upgrades to halves are for 2024 onwards, when nrown is definitely gone

i suspect keeping Ice might be dependent on moving Nrown on ...... or maybe we will somehow backend Ice

anyone know how long Hopgood is contracted for? ..... if he steps up to NRL well, he is going to end up another Ice expecting decent money next contract
2 years apparently

Latest posts