What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Yes Moses is important.
But so is squad balance. If we did lose him for example and Gutherson went to 5/8 and Russel to fullback or JA to halfback we have 700k up our sleeve.
Imagine replacing Makatoa and Kafusi who prob cost 350k between them with two 500k bench forwards for example. We would have 30mins a game where our go forward is as good as when we have Jnr and Rcg on or close.

Cloeel

Juniors
Yes Moses is important.
But so is squad balance. If we did lose him for example and Gutherson went to 5/8 and Russel to fullback or JA to halfback we have 700k up our sleeve.
Imagine replacing Makatoa and Kafusi who prob cost 350k between them with two 500k bench forwards for example. We would have 30mins a game where our go forward is as good as when we have Jnr and Rcg on or close.

It would not surprise me if the Dolphins were to miss out on Drinkwater and go all out for Moses.

Where would you draw the line in terms of $$$ for Moses. If D Brown continues to develop; is Moses still worth 1mil to us?

hindy111

Post Whore
It would not surprise me if the Dolphins were to miss out on Drinkwater and go all out for Moses.

Where would you draw the line in terms of $$$ for Moses. If D Brown continues to develop; is Moses still worth 1mil to us?

900k imo. His composure in big games or when behind aren't great. His defense isnimproved and ok but will always be a slight weakness.

Yep. No other decent halves on the market. Lack of quality in halves competition wide. Moses and Brown are must keeps. Alternative is the coaches son who at this stage is not up to it.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yep. No other decent halves on the market. Lack of quality in halves competition wide. Moses and Brown are must keeps. Alternative is the coaches son who at this stage is not up to it.

Your not worried if we have spent 2 million on our halves what the rest of the squad may look like?
Look what SOS did yesterday good solid calm half with a good kick game. Also our best win of the season was this week if ask me. A fired up Manly playing for their season at home and down 14-8. We even butchered a few tries or where wrongly denied. Could of hit 50.

hindy111

Post Whore
The other thing I was thinking about with players is menatlity.
JA has been booed and copped a hiding for weeks. Imagine being in his shoes and getting picked to play at Manly and knowing the pressure is on to win.
Game on the line and as a 19yr old he pulled of 2 of the biggest plays of the game to win it for us. That's composure.
This is something many fans don't notice but the pressure he was under was immense. He handled it very well and didn't let it effect his game.

That's my issue with Moses. He gets so emotional during a game and loses the plot to often in big moments. Yes JA might be slow and lacks attacking brilliance but his mentality and composure is awesome. I also believe that's that is hard to change. You can improve it but it isn't something you are born with.

Your not worried if we have spent 2 million on our halves what the rest of the squad may look like?
Look what SOS did yesterday good solid calm half with a good kick game. Also our best win of the season was this week if ask me. A fired up Manly playing for their season at home and down 14-8. We even butchered a few tries or where wrongly denied. Could of hit 50.
No I’m not worried. That’s where the money should go to decent halves. Not to our over paid fullback. Gutho played his best game of the season against Manly but based on his overall season/s has not warranted that massive contract. Error by the club. He’s been overpaid by 300k

hindy111

Post Whore
No I’m not worried. That’s where the money should go to decent halves. Not to our over paid fullback. Gutho played his best game of the season against Manly but based on his overall season/s has not warranted that massive contract. Error by the club. He’s been overpaid by 300k

I agree with that. But its done now so what are alternatives? Dig a deeper hole ?

Agree but he is already more composed then Moses don't you think?
For his age group yes but not more than Moses just for the fact of where they are in the careers. Jake needs to fill out more. He’s the type of player that would come good at 23/24/25. Has heaps to work on - speed, kicking game, reading defence. I’m not saying he’s hopeless just saying he’s got a fair bit to go. And I’d rather pay Moses a million because the halves market is baron.

But he can come in and do a job very well. He's up to first grade, he showed that on Friday night.
Always said that if we had an injury that we put him in. We don’t have anyone else. And he set up two nice tries on Friday. First half was very average for him. I think what got most fans offside was earlier in the year BA chose to move Dylan brown out of position to accomodate Jake. Poor coaching move.

84 Baby

Referee
I agree with that. But its done now so what are alternatives? Dig a deeper hole ?
It depends if we think they can win a title in those next contracts. We’ve already gone pretty much all in with Gutho, Junior, RCG, etc. so might be sort forced that way anyway

IFR33K

Coach
Always said that if we had an injury that we put him in. We don’t have anyone else. And he set up two nice tries on Friday. First half was very average for him. I think what got most fans offside was earlier in the year BA chose to move Dylan brown out of position to accomodate Jake. Poor coaching move.

yeah he wouldn’t be doing that now. Was insane at the time. Thankfully brown has been excellent, and showing his debut season was no fluke.