What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Ricky might have a perfectly legit gripe that Salmon behaved like a dick at some point in his life ..... but FMD, a 60ish year old professional sports coach has to be able to hold that shit back from a post game press conference .... absolutely nuts
NRL chief Andrew Abdo also confirmed the integrity unit is investigating the comments from Saturday.
"It's a disappointing situation," Abdo told the Herald.
"This happened last night and everyone deserves due process. We will get all the facts before making a decision."

So I guess the NRL are going to investigate whether Salmon was a weak gutted dog as a kid.

yy_cheng

Coach
I know he deserves to start but I think we need matto on the bench and come on when rcg and jnr comes off

When all 3 were off, we really struggled

Next year hopgood can come on to replace matto and keep it going

But this year, I feel it was better when he came on after 20 mins

I would go for Drown over Moses and to complement him Hastings. I feel Hastings mental strength and want to win and do anything to win would go well for us and would be cheaper than Moses

Lastly, I thought lodge was really good for broncos and the chooks have done well.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well what constitutes “talent” is subjective. I’d argue we have plenty of talent in our top 13. IMO, we have the best starting front row in the comp, we’re among the top clubs for our starting edge forwards, Matto is in the top 5 locks in the game and our halves combination is only behind the Panthers and Storm. Our centres and wingers are where we currently lack the most talent.

Like pretty much every other club, the drop in “talent” outside the top 13 merkins is quite significant.
Sure but I think we have a bunch of merkins on unders this year. This is supported by the fact we are losing so many next year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
NRL chief Andrew Abdo also confirmed the integrity unit is investigating the comments from Saturday.
"This happened last night and everyone deserves due process. We will get all the facts before making a decision."

So I guess the NRL are going to investigate whether Salmon was a weak gutted dog as a kid.
Using the truth defence? "It is this court's finding that the complainant was in fact a weak gutted dog as a kid and indeed remains a weak gutted dog to this day."

strider

Post Whore

Patten and Annesly will make a video later this week explaining how Salmon is a, weak gutted person dog, give him a grade 10 gonad contact charge, and we will all move on

nah I think Ricky will get a smallish fine ..... and i bet salmon will get a charge too for lashing out - which i think happens alot but never gets any attention

Gronk

Staff member
Using the truth defence? "It is this court's finding that the complainant was in fact a weak gutted dog as a kid and indeed remains a weak gutted dog to this day."
I reckon the NRL need to really make an example of Ricky Stuart. He holds a high position in the game and even more than the young players, he needs to set an example and not bring the game into disrepute.

As much as the game is tribal between clubs, we are ultimately a rugby league family and he broke the code.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Sure but I think we have a bunch of merkins on unders this year. This is supported by the fact we are losing so many next year.
Sure, but that doesn’t negate the fact that we were able to assemble this talent in the 2022 season. There’s no reason why we shouldn’t be able to in the future either.

strider

Post Whore
Sources said Stuart’s son was in tears after an incident with Salmon, who was his teammate in the under 12s at the time more than a decade ago.

Stuart then approached Salmon, whose father took exception to the comments and actions from the then-Cronulla coach. The pair had to be separated as things became heated.

Patten and Annesly will make a video later this week explaining how Salmon is a, weak gutted person dog, give him a grade 10 gonad contact charge, and we will all move on

nah I think Ricky will get a smallish fine ..... and i bet salmon will get a charge too for lashing out - which i think happens alot but never gets any attention
Yep, it's a $1000 fine for Salmon.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Sure, but that doesn’t negate the fact that we were able to assemble this talent in the 2022 season. There’s no reason why we shouldn’t be able to in the future either.
Sure but you were comparing it to the squad that Penrith were able to assemble. They are also likely to be weaker next year, meaning our premiership windows are roughly contiguous. But you can't argue the squad they were able to fit under the cap during that window wasn't significantly better than ours. Likewise the Storm and Roosters at the peak of their own premiership windows. If it could be quantified with a score out of ten I would say those three clubs are a 10 out of 10 at their peak while we are only a 7 or maybe 8. The reason is because they are better at squeezing playing talent under the cap.

We might only be a 6/10 next year but I agree we can certainly get back to our current level (7.5?) in the future. But that's comparing apples with apples. Comparing us with Penrith, Melbourne or the Chooks is not.

T-Boon

Coach
He provides plenty to our team, though I think $750k is the upper end of what he’s worth. I’m sure there are players just as good at bigger clubs that are only getting $600k on the cap. It’s not a level playing field which is why we are probably paying Gutherson market rate.
We have to blame the coach a bit. Nobody really saw this level of improvement coming from Brown because nobody tends to develope under BA. If anyone knew Brown would be this good there is no way Guth would have got the pay rise and extension he got.

lucablight

First Grade
We have to blame the coach a bit. Nobody really saw this level of improvement coming from Brown because nobody tends to develope under BA. If anyone knew Brown would be this good there is no way Guth would have got the pay rise and extension he got.
Not going to lie I thought Drown was a lost cause and would have been happy to see him let go after his mediocre season last year. Credit to Pou who saw through all that and predicted that he would end up becoming out X factor. No idea how he saw it but he turned out to be right.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Sure but you were comparing it to the squad that Penrith were able to assemble. They are also likely to be weaker next year, meaning our premiership windows are roughly contiguous. But you can't argue the squad they were able to fit under the cap during that window wasn't significantly better than ours. Likewise the Storm and Roosters at the peak of their own premiership windows. If it could be quantified with a score out of ten I would say those three clubs are a 10 out of 10 at their peak while we are only a 7 or maybe 8. The reason is because they are better at squeezing playing talent under the cap.

We might only be a 6/10 next year but I agree we can certainly get back to our current level (7.5?) in the future. But that's comparing apples with apples. Comparing us with Penrith, Melbourne or the Chooks is not.
Sure (for @strider), but this concedes that this will always be the case and it’s an inevitability. We should be aspiring to be better in this regard, and able to establish a similar roster at least to the Panthers. Roosters have the Politis influence but we should be able to compete with the likes of Penrith.

T-Boon

Coach
Not going to lie I thought Drown was a lost cause and would have been happy to see him let go after his mediocre season last year. Credit to Pou who saw through all that and predicted that he would end up becoming out X factor. No idea how he saw it but he turned out to be right.
I at least though a position change was inevitable. He still has quiet games but he should become a dominant player week in week out from here.

Soto

Bench
Imagine saying something like that to a 16-year-old kid. He's an absolute f**k wit that's a low act
I know a few guys who went to school with him...let's just say the more things change the more they stay the same..some expletives don't do it justice