What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
I'd be happy with that.
Ben Hornby left us at the end of 2019 and joined Souths in 2020. He began his coaching career as the junior development coach and graduated to be an assistant coach under Mary McGregor which didn't go too well as we know. He is doing a pretty good job assisting Jason Demetriou at Souths as the attacking coach. Dean Young as we know is doing a great job at the Cowboys assisting Todd Payten as the defensive coach Shane Flanagan won a premiership and is our LIst Manager and helps with mentoring some of our junior players.

So all in all the three of them could go well as a team and I think much better than a Barrett, Brown and Hodges combo.

BLM01

First Grade
Ben Hornby left us at the end of 2019 and joined Souths in 2020. He began his coaching career as the junior development coach and graduated to be an assistant coach under Mary McGregor which didn't go too well as we know. He is doing a pretty good job assisting Jason Demetriou at Souths as the attacking coach. Dean Young as we know is doing a great job at the Cowboys assisting Todd Payten as the defensive coach Shane Flanagan won a premiership and is our LIst Manager and helps with mentoring some of our junior players.

So all in all the three of them could go well as a team and I think much better than a Barrett, Brown and Hodges combo.
I have heard Young with Flanno rumour not out of the equation. Out of those last 2 who is at the helm?
Hook may want barrett and co but if he is not there...which is extremely likey now

dannyt

Coach
I have heard Young with Flanno rumour not out of the equation. Out of those last 2 who is at the helm?
Hook may want barrett and co but if he is not there...which is extremely likey now
Conjuncture, or something more substation?

Please be the latter.

getsmarty

Immortal

Agree 100%...

Last edited:

dannyt

Coach
Understand @possm... but the reality is it may happen. I hope you have been keeping well.
I hate the jobs for the boys mentality we have, and the job should always go to the best candidate. I realise that souths have some great attacking players, and the cows have some good defensive players, but Hornby and Young appear to have performed very well in their respective roles. Won't make a scrap of difference if old boring remains head coach.

Lindsay Moss

Juniors
Lot of supposition there by Hooper. Why would anyone be shitty that McCulloch has been tapped on the shoulder as this year is his last by the way he is playing ? Love to know what Gentle has to say. How could his defence coaching be hindered by hook and how could he defend his performance ? Who the hell is Craig Hodges ? Hope he is the next great defence coach extraordinaire .
i would say not looking at the titans defence.

getsmarty

Immortal
I hate the jobs for the boys mentality we have, and the job should always go to the best candidate. I realise that souths have some great attacking players, and the cows have some good defensive players, but Hornby and Young appear to have performed very well in their respective roles. Won't make a scrap of difference if old boring remains head coach.

Agree... Griffin was an outside choice and that hasn't succeeded in terms of finals footy.

Little changes from year to year @ the dragons....