What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 106 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 109 50.7%

• Total voters

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I have made my thoughts clear on BA and how his inability to close the gap between our best and worst is a massive fail. However I do think it’s important to acknowledge some facts about BA and how he took on a basket case club, copped the blows of the cap scandal and dragged us kicking and screaming into a team that always makes the semis.

Give him a gold watch and send him on his way IF we can land the right replacement.
We dont have the resources to afford a gold watch. He can get a plastic casio.

Frank Burge

Juniors
When I see "new" posters go straight for Pou it makes me wonder who their main alt is/was. I assume they are all Bartman but surely he cant be everywhere?
I’m new , been a Parramatta fan since I was 8 as my cousin was playing reserve grade and we would come to watch him play and get to meet all the players at the leagues club afterwards. Rest of my family are tigers supporters, started a corporate membership with the club in 2015 and was a season ticket holder before that since 2006. Not trying to attack any individual just don’t cop that we aren’t a well resourced club in terms of finance and frustrated with mediocrity that so many are willing to accept

T-Boon

Coach
Hagan was the wooden spoon winning coach when we signed him on to replace Brian Smith.
kearney was a disaster. The problem with that coaching change was it didn’t need to happen Daniel Anderson deserved at least another year.
those are the 2 real colossal blunders we have made in coach recruitment.
I’d look around.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I’m new , been a Parramatta fan since I was 8 as my cousin was playing reserve grade and we would come to watch him play and get to meet all the players at the leagues club afterwards. Rest of my family are tigers supporters, started a corporate membership with the club in 2015 and was a season ticket holder before that since 2006. Not trying to attack any individual just don’t cop that we aren’t a well resourced club in terms of finance and frustrated with mediocrity that so many are willing to accept
Of course we have money, but I think clubs that have private ownership or wealthy businessman fans that will piss away a lot of money for TPAs have distinct advantages. Why else do you think people have been bitching on here about the Storm and the Roosters for decades?

Also, it wasn't long ago that a voluntary administrator was appointed at our club FFS! All of the talk was about making us sustainable and self sufficient which implies we were financially cautious so that we could re-establish ourelves and prove that we deserve to be independently run. Seems pretty obvious that those circumstances will still have a bearing on how we operate 2022.

Pou's arguments on this are pretty solid in my view. Just need to dig a little.

T-Boon

Coach
What is your cousins name?

lucablight

First Grade
Well my point is different clubs are better equipped to ‘manage’ this problem better than others, and this is evidenced by their differing average results over the long term. How well equipped the various clubs are is what I refer to when I discuss resources rather than just money. But make no mistake, even non-monetary resources (e.g. club hangers-on offering investment or employment opportunities to relatives of players) boil down to money.
How would you differentiate between the Eels either being incapable of a certain standard or underachieving?

lucablight

First Grade
Of course we have money, but I think clubs that have private ownership or wealthy businessman fans that will piss away a lot of money for TPAs have distinct advantages. Why else do you think people have been bitching on here about the Storm and the Roosters for decades?

Also, it wasn't long ago that a voluntary administrator was appointed at our club FFS! All of the talk was about making us sustainable and self sufficient which implies we were financially cautious so that we could re-establish ourelves and prove that we deserve to be independently run. Seems pretty obvious that those circumstances will still have a bearing on how we operate 2022.

Pou's arguments on this are pretty solid in my view. Just need to dig a little.
Do you think the club has maximised its potential and this is all we’re capable of?

DaveMc

Juniors
I have made my thoughts clear on BA and how his inability to close the gap between our best and worst is a massive fail. However I do think it’s important to acknowledge some facts about BA viz “9 years” and how he took on a basket case club, copped the blows of the cap scandal and dragged us kicking and screaming into a team that always makes the semis.

Give him a gold watch and send him on his way IF we can land the right replacement.
Oh sure, you can’t ignore that stuff. And look, I’ve said previously, there is no person in the world I would rather see coach us to a premiership than BA - he bleeds blue and gold, and love the place. But I just can’t see it happening, and for a sport that is results driven, and for a club that has such a long history of failure, a change is needed.

lucablight

First Grade
Hagan was the wooden spoon winning coach when we signed him on to replace Brian Smith.
kearney was a disaster. The problem with that coaching change was it didn’t need to happen Daniel Anderson deserved at least another year.
those are the 2 real colossal blunders we have made in coach recruitment.
I’d look around.
Yeah I think poor decision making has been responsible for a lot of our problems rather than lack of resources.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The Roosters also missed the finals under Ricky Stuart (including a 14th placed finish which resulted in him being sacked). They also received the spoon under Fittler (sacked). The Rabbitohs also missed the finals under Maguire twice and he was sacked. The well resourced Broncos also received the spoon in 2020. Why do you ignore the failures of the well resourced clubs if success comes down to nothing more than resources? It’s rather coincidental that those clubs improved and even tasted success when they changed their coach.
Coaching doesn’t make a difference mate, we all know this.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
An average coach should have this roster sitting comfortably inside the top 4 right now.
The thing that infuriates me the most with Arthur he doesn’t even have a clue about his short comings. Tactically he’s bog average so he surrounds himself with a bloke like Murphy who wouldn’t get a gig at any other club at the NRL.

lucablight

First Grade
No. Why would you think I would think that?
If the club hasn’t maximised it’s potential then shouldn’t fans have the right to be disgruntled? The reasons for other clubs having advantages are pretty irrelevant if the people in charge could be doing a better job.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It hasn't at Parra since 86. Thats irrefutable and f**ken eats away at you like that triple bogey you will have at Oxley this afternoon.
It almost did with Brian Smith or Daniel Anderson. It hasn’t with a Plodder like Arthur that’s for sure. Anyone who can’t see Bea hasn’t run his race here and has done all he can should be made to watch Friday nights game on loop until the rest of their brain leaks out of their ears.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The thing that infuriates me the most with Arthur he doesn’t even have a clue about his short comings.
You don't even know that for sure FFS.

All you see are press conferences. Do you think he should be telling everyone about his short comings in press conferences?

Reporter: Tough loss today BA.

BA: Yeah. Look I'm bald, I'm suffering from insomnia and I cant read or write. Not only that I don't even know anything about defensive structures or how to pronouce Junior's last name.

lucablight

First Grade
It hasn't at Parra since 86. Thats irrefutable and f**ken eats away at you like that triple bogey you will have at Oxley this afternoon.
What are you talking about? Most of those coaches did a better job than the current coach and didn’t get anywhere near as many chances.

JokerEel

First Grade
The thing that infuriates me the most with Arthur he doesn’t even have a clue about his short comings. Tactically he’s bog average so he surrounds himself with a bloke like Murphy who wouldn’t get a gig at any other club at the NRL.

Maybe Murphy makes good coffees..

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
It almost did with Brian Smith or Daniel Anderson. It hasn’t with a Plodder like Arthur that’s for sure. Anyone who can’t see Bea hasn’t run his race here and has done all he can should be made to watch Friday nights game on loop until the rest of their brain leaks out of their ears.
Almost sounds like an excuse.

Of course BA is toast mate. Thats not even up for debate.

Just cautioning against stupid commentary on here that suggests a coach will magically fix all of our problems.

Latest posts