What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 109 50.5%

• Total voters

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
What are you talking about? Most of those coaches did a better job than the current coach and didn’t get anywhere near as many chances.
Who cares. All of them have failed. I'm all for f**king BA off but am not expecting us to suddenly become world beaters with a new coach. Most of our players are plonkers and need to be shown the door with BA. F**k off the idiots in the front of house as well.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
If the club hasn’t maximised it’s potential then shouldn’t fans have the right to be disgruntled? The reasons for other clubs having advantages are pretty irrelevant if the people in charge could be doing a better job.
Its pretty simple mate. I think you've all correctly diagnosed the problem. I just think you've prescribed the wrong treatment.

Do you understand me?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Could you please list the clubs in order of size in your opinion, I would love to know where we stand and will temper my expectations when I see we are below Wentworthville and St Mary’s leagues clubs
I assume you're just trolling now, but as always I'll take any opportunity to give my opinion, and that includes being trolled.

I put the clubs into four arbitrary groups, as far as resourcing goes. These groups aren't static, and teams can (and do) move between groups over time. What this means is that a period of unusually high/low performance could either be the club just over- or underperforming its tier (e.g. the Titans in 2020-21) or could represent a fundamental change in that club's level of resourcing (e.g. Manly after 2014). Where this period of anomalous performance is recent and ongoing (e.g. Panthers since 2020) we don't know which situation is occurring, and must wait for more data. So I concede some of these clubs might have been categorised incorrectly and I expect you merkins, smart or dumb, to f**king argue:

GroupMember clubs
Top tierRoosters, Storm
Pro tierBroncos, Cowboys, Panthers, Rabbitohs
Mid tierBulldogs, Dragons, Eels, Raiders, Seagulls, Sharks
Shit tierKnights, Tigers, Titans, Warriors

Last edited:

lucablight

First Grade
Who cares. All of them have failed. I'm all for f**king BA off but am not expecting us to suddenly become world beaters with a new coach. Most of our players are plonkers and need to be shown the door with BA. F**k off the idiots in the front of house as well.
No one is asking for the players to suddenly become world beaters. Just asking them to improve and not do the same rubbish over and over again.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Almost sounds like an excuse.

Of course BA is toast mate. Thats not even up for debate.

Just cautioning against stupid commentary on here that suggests a coach will magically fix all of our problems.
A coach won’t fix all our problems I don’t think anyone is saying that, but our edge defence might be a good start.

lucablight

First Grade
I assume you're just trolling now, but as always I'll take any opportunity to give my opinion, and that includes being trolled.

I put the clubs into three arbitrary groups, as far as resourcing goes. These groups aren't static, and teams can (and do) move between groups over time. What this means is that a period of unusually high/low performance could either be the club just over- or underperforming its tier (e.g. the Titans in 2020-21) or could represent a fundamental change in that club's level of resourcing (e.g. Manly after 2014). Where this period of anomalous performance is recent and ongoing (e.g. Panthers since 2020) we don't know which situation is occurring, and must wait for more data. So I concede some of these clubs might have been categorised incorrectly and I expect you merkins, smart or dumb, to f**king argue:

GroupMember clubs
Top tierRoosters, Storm
Pro tierBroncos, Cowboys, Panthers, Rabbitohs
Mid tierBulldogs, Dragons, Eels, Raiders, Seagulls, Sharks
Shit tierKnights, Tigers, Titans, Warriors
You’re just taking the most recent successes of clubs and categorising them into tiers based on that. That doesn’t demonstrate anything in regards to resources. If you were making this in 2004 you would have put the Bulldogs in top tier.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
He should be given until the end of this season despite my anger. The problem now is future recruitment. Every player wants to know who the coach will be and that is why a decision must be made soon about 2019 and beyond.
And now?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I’m new , been a Parramatta fan since I was 8 as my cousin was playing reserve grade and we would come to watch him play and get to meet all the players at the leagues club afterwards. Rest of my family are tigers supporters, started a corporate membership with the club in 2015 and was a season ticket holder before that since 2006. Not trying to attack any individual just don’t cop that we aren’t a well resourced club in terms of finance and frustrated with mediocrity that so many are willing to accept
If we accept it it’s because we have to. I’m neither a sponsor or a member. I have even less control over the club than you do.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I disagree. I 100% think if we had better coaching we’d be a much better side.
In the short term, quite possibly but if we want to improve over the medium to long term then we need to do more than replace the coach. Surely that’s not something that can be debated…

lucablight

First Grade
In the short term, quite possibly but if we want to improve over the medium to long term then we need to do more than replace the coach. Surely that’s not something that can be debated…
It goes without saying you have to have systems in place for sustained success. Our current predicament has nothing to do with that.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How would you differentiate between the Eels either being incapable of a certain standard or underachieving?
Well I looked at long term performance. The last time we performed at this level was 2005-09. Prior to that we missed the finals twice, and after it we missed the finals seven times. Now we’ve made the finals four straight years. I assume that lean period was the outlier. But even our best year in the last 20 (2005) was a flash in the pan. The Panthers are about to replicate it for the third straight year, and the Roosters and Storm have both put together consecutive seasons like our 2005 multiple times.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
It goes without saying you have to have systems in place for sustained success. Our current predicament has nothing to do with that.
It definitely isn’t said on here.

Look mate, when you say something fundamental like the health of a club has ‘nothing to do with that’ it erodes your credibility and willingness to see both sides.

Clearly, there are a range of factors behind why we haven’t achieved…and it’s not unreasonable to suggest that a club that’s only just coming out of the other side of being placed in voluntary adminstration has plenty of room for improvement.

Our predicament is not entirely down to coaching. That’s far too simplistic a take.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Do you think the club has maximised its potential and this is all we’re capable of?
In the absence of more information, yes. Getting to the next level requires spending more money, not just sacking the coach. The question is whether that money is available. Maybe we could borrow it or redirect it from PLC profits (assuming they are profitable again after Covid). We could get another Gould and some more expensive coaches and commit to seven or eight years of spending big and poaching the best juniors, etc. Then we hope we win a comp or two in that time and then spend the next decade paying it off or replenishing the coffers. Which is what we might be doing right now.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Proves he should have been boned back then.
Some of us have never flip flopped and wanted him gone since round 6 2018 when the dopey fraud walked into a press conference with that spaced dumb look on his face and said duhhhhh “ I have idea why we are losing”

4 year later he he still trudges into press conferences with that spaced dumb look on his face. Cut the cord and bone this fraud!! Heh heh that rhymes.

Latest posts