What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

qld redvee

Juniors
I have heard Young with Flanno rumour not out of the equation. Out of those last 2 who is at the helm?
Hook may want barrett and co but if he is not there...which is extremely likey now
BLM01
hasnt young agreed to go to dolphins as 1 of waynes sidekicks ?? Be good for him to learn a bit more
why not flanno on a 2 year deal and then bring young back as assisstant with a takeover plan for him

Coffs dragon

Bench
The whispers are certainly strong that Dean Young will return as Head Coach. I think Bennett wanted him at the Dolphins, but that may have been rejected.
I still feel that Flanno is calling the shots in the background & will play a mentor/senior role.
Don’t know, but he maybe a Coaching Director!!
In regards to Barrett as an assistant, that might have wings as Flanno got him to the Sharks from the UK.

The plot thickens, but Hook seems gone and plans will bring change.

BLM01

First Grade
BLM01
hasnt young agreed to go to dolphins as 1 of waynes sidekicks ?? Be good for him to learn a bit more
why not flanno on a 2 year deal and then bring young back as assisstant with a takeover plan for him
No apparently he has not but that is not to say he wont.
Me personally if I were him. Stay at the Cowboys with Payten until you win a comp or someone mentioned earlier on this forum until the window of opportunity has passed.
Payten would be my choice as coach who I rate for some reason ever since he was winning comps with Tigers Under 20's. Players used to rave about him back then.
But I liked the way he conducted himself when he took over at the Warriors and even last year when he was slammed for telling it like it is.
As a rookie I thought he would be one worth a go just like they say Ciraldo.
Sssh. All these are only rumours until it happens. We have been down this road before.
But @Coffs dragon mentioned Flanno's involvement recently.
I heard that was a result of that last board meeting apparently so watch this space.
The sacking of Gentle / Head supposedly by Hook I am not convinced but the media says it was him and they had a run in etc etc so the truth is out there somewhere

VodkaSaint

Juniors
The whispers are certainly strong that Dean Young will return as Head Coach. I think Bennett wanted him at the Dolphins, but that may have been rejected.
I still feel that Flanno is calling the shots in the background & will play a mentor/senior role.
In regards to Barrett as an assistant, that might have wings as Flanno got him to the Sharks from the UK.

I would have Dean Young Or Potter in a heart beat , look what he has done to the Cowboys since he went over , he knows what winning is and has done some apprentice ship
And as for Potter, he lets players breath

Last edited:

Gippsy

Bench
I think the contribution of assistant coaches are, on the whole, much overated.

Its the head coach that calls the shots and sets up structures etc. Dean Young is still unproven as a head coach, Barret is a proven failure. Potter on the other hand.......

BLM01

First Grade
I think the contribution of assistant coaches are, on the whole, much overated.

Its the head coach that calls the shots and sets up structures etc. Dean Young is still unproven as a head coach, Barret is a proven failure. Potter on the other hand.......
Not true anymore in the modern game.
Head coach may oversee and have a plan of what he wants to see but someone like Bennett relies heavy on AC's to do the pre season and attack / defence structure stuff while he man manages, maybe game day tactics, media and everything else admin that involves a coach etc
Same with Cleary Ciraldo and many others. Its a time thing and whilst it is probably over the top as a football department has a cast of thousands.

BLM01

First Grade
I would have Dean Young Or Potter in a heart beat , look what he has done to the Cowboys since he went over , he knows what winning is and has done some apprentice ship
And as for Potter, he lets players breath
Not so sure about Potter. As he not had 2 goes at HC before and sort of failed.
Dont underestimate Gus's involvement since Barrett departed.
Potter was not even one of Barretts assistanrts at the time?, he was coaching KOE cup

thebigredv

First Grade

Whatever happens it won't be the wanted man Cameron Ciraldo who the Dogs have signed up for 5 years.

Unfortunately, it seems Ciraldo rejected Hook's offer to get him over to replace McCullough at hooker.

Dragon David

First Grade
Whatever happens it won't be the wanted man Cameron Ciraldo who the Dogs have signed up for 5 years.

Unfortunately, it seems Ciraldo rejected Hook's offer to get him over to replace McCullough at hooker.
I wish Ciraldo well. He will be under a lot of pressure to get results but I'm sure he will handle it just like Fitzy is at the Sharks. The thing is also, Ciraldo will have the players who just need a bit more tweaking.

thebigredv

First Grade
I wish Ciraldo well. He will be under a lot of pressure to get results but I'm sure he will handle it just like Fitzy is at the Sharks. The thing is also, Ciraldo will have the players who just need a bit more tweaking.
Brilliant recruitment by dogs over last two years. Even trialling players like Dufty and Naden who were worth a shot. Now watch Sullivan play half back for them and lift a trophy some time soon.

Meanwhile at the Dragons, let's bring back Mitch rein.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
I don't...

Latest posts