What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

siv

First Grade
That's a fallacy. There is plenty of parking in Parramatta and surrounds.
You just have to be smart and know where to park.
Agree

It is one reason why I go early to games

Get a good park & watch how your developing players are performing

3 games on game day allows people to come to games in their perferred way

You beat the crowd and food lines

But wasting 45 min between games is the worst thing ever introduced in the NRL era for the game day experience

The next is not having the opposition team playing in these lower grade games

Last edited:
One reason I think it will stay in Sydney for 2022 is that tickets have been on sale here for it for months. You'd wind up pissing off a lot of paid customers by refunding their ticket/s merely to stick it up the NSW Government by relocating the GF for this year. Doing it for the 2022 GF is, in my opinion, a lose-lose situation for the NRL.

Wb1234

Referee
One reason I think it will stay in Sydney for 2022 is that tickets have been on sale here for it for months. You'd wind up pissing off a lot of paid customers by refunding their ticket/s merely to stick it up the NSW Government by relocating the GF for this year. Doing it for the 2022 GF is, in my opinion, a lose-lose situation for the NRL.
I read that tickets haven’t gone on sale at all yet ?

Iamback

Coach

Ideally if you are going to play it interstate, You need to give atleast 3 months of planning.
Fans can then book accomodation, Flights. Decide if they drive up. All sorts of things, So I think next year it likely goes but given the time frame it is a lose-lose for the NRL. As there would go any hope of funding and you piss fans off and possibly clubs

Perth Red

Post Whore
Bit of a tricky one with the election coming up though, hold it in Sydney and look like a toothless tiger to the incoming Govt who wont take any future threats seriously, or take it away at short notice and pss off the games biggest fanbase area. Vlandys bluster has put them between a rock and a hard place.
Only way out of it I can see is to announce this years is going to be in Sydney due to short notice of it all and then it will be made available to the highest bidder unless the NSW govt comes back to the table with an agreed timeline. They could then sell the next 5 years to Qlnd if need be and then see where the cards lay after that.

Iamback

Coach
Bit of a tricky one with the election coming up though, hold it in Sydney and look like a toothless tiger to the incoming Govt who wont take any future threats seriously, or take it away at short notice and pss off the games biggest fanbase area. Vlandys bluster has put them between a rock and a hard place.
Only way out of it I can see is to announce this years is going to be in Sydney due to short notice of it all and then it will be made available to the highest bidder unless the NSW govt comes back to the table with an agreed timeline. They could then sell the next 5 years to Qlnd if need be and then see where the cards lay after that.

That is the logical outcome

Cactus

Juniors

The bids then need to be for optional periods. Say 1,3,5 years etc. That way NRL can communicate the worst case possibility to the NSW Gov and yet have the option to choose any option they like while still delivering an ultimatum of sorts.

Iamback

Coach
The bids then need to be for optional periods. Say 1,3,5 years etc. That way NRL can communicate the worst case possibility to the NSW Gov and yet have the option to choose any option they like while still delivering an ultimatum of sorts.

3 or 5 years should be the periods, Need to have some sort of stability with the GF venue

MugaB

Coach
That is the logical outcome
PVL plays to win.... logical is not in his mindset

Fear, and crowd bias... he will make the govt wish they had never backstabbed on the original handshake agreement.. i doubt perrotit gets re-elected, the debacles going he has a hand in most of them

Iamback

Coach

Fear, and crowd bias... he will make the govt wish they had never backstabbed on the original handshake agreement.. i doubt perrotit gets re-elected, the debacles going he has a hand in most of them

Then he doesn't get the ground improvements, Not to mention risks getting clubs and fans off side and hence risk his job.

Lets say they go to QLD now, What need does the Govt have to honour the deal?

MugaB

Coach
3 or 5 years should be the periods, Need to have some sort of stability with the GF venue
Again that is nonsense, people will travel to watch the GF wherever it is and if its planned better next year and on the road as we are suggesting, it will be done nice and early, so all the travellers will book ahead accom, tix, flights etc... it should be on a yearly basis, superbowl style

Iamback

Coach
Again that is nonsense, people will travel to watch the GF wherever it is and if its planned better next year and on the road as we are suggesting, it will be done nice and early, so all the travellers will book ahead accom, tix, flights etc... it should be on a yearly basis, superbowl style

That won't work in NRL though, For starters less capacity in some grounds means less corporates can go and the flow on is less sponsorship.

PVL will have a seat regardless though

Perth Red

Post Whore

Public opinion is very much with him on this one, would be ironic if this is the issue that gets him re-elected lol

Iamback

Coach
Public opinion is very much with him on this one, would be ironic if this is the issue that gets him re-elected lol

Not really it makes the NRL look like an park footy organisation here, Tickets should be on sale now regardless of the venue

MugaB

Coach
Then he doesn't get the ground improvements, Not to mention risks getting clubs and fans off side and hence risk his job.

Lets say they go to QLD now, What need does the Govt have to honour the deal?
What deal?? they've already backtracked PVL doesn't need the govt now... there's nothing hanging over the nrls heads... and fans are going back the NRLs stance on moving the GF, only random sydney fans that have the money to fork out expensive GF tix would get upset, most sydney siders are happy to gather at a pub and watch it on the big screen... the fact that the GFs fallen under "tradition" is dumb mindset when its the perfect showcase event to sell to other cities

Perth Red

Post Whore
Agree, not to mention the sales value increases significantly. Could have a hybrid though where cities could bid for a number of them so we could lock in a ten year calendar. So you might get Brisbane getting 4 in next ten years, Sydney 2, Perth 1, Melbourne 2, Adelaide 1 etc That gives fans the opportunity to plan well ahead and decide which cities they'd like to see a GF at as well a s for those cities to really plan an amazing GF week of events. Could be an even better vehicle for growing the interest in the game than Origin is.

Perth Red

Post Whore
That won't work in NRL though, For starters less capacity in some grounds means less corporates can go and the flow on is less sponsorship.

Optus stadium has 101 corporate suites available. Less corporates isn't an issue at the stadiums we are talking about.

Steel Saints

Juniors
I read that tickets haven’t gone on sale at all yet ?
Even so, its pretty late in the piece to change venues. The GF is just over 6 weeks away. There's been plenty of spin in this Sydney stadiums saga, so the NRL and PVL can do the same. PVL can say that the GF will be in Sydney because there is not much time to look elsewhere, but from next year, the GF venue will be up for bidding.

MugaB

Coach

Whats capacity got to do with lead-in time?
It also doesn't matter what the crowd capacity is, as long as it sells out... fact is the highest bidder wins outright, the highest bidder needs to be able to top whatever accor stadium would rake in.. then theyd need to beat out whoever else is bidding. So if your Suncorp or QLD govt you pay extra to take it away from Accor... even if its one dollar extra... pvl will do it just to flaunt it at the nsw govt

Iamback

Coach
Optus stadium has 101 corporate suites available. Less corporates isn't an issue at the stadiums we are talking about.

No but if say Ampol wanted to fly 40 people over that is when it adds up.

Much easier to say we until 2028 we have the GF in Perth and they can then weigh up whether it is practical to go.