What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

He doesn't want to be seen as backing down

A sellout in Sydney is $13m
A sellout in Brisbane is $6m

Brisbane paid $5m to host it last year, lost money on it. 7 weeks is too late to benefit from Tourism, So they won't pay more for it
QLD can't find another 2 mill anywhere ?
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

please

it probably stays in sydney for 2022
but it'll be up for grabs ongoing until we get our funding

Iamback

Coach
Yeh, divides the city but the many problems are historical. Given its birth as the first penal settlement, it’s the only unplanned city in Australia. The settlers just kept adding as the town grew but at no stage was there ever a plan for a big city built on a grid system. Makes living here interesting and frustrating in equal measure

It is why people try not to leave their area if they can. Others don't and won't get it

siv

First Grade
It is why people try not to leave their area if they can. Others don't and won't get it
Agree

Because public transport basically radiates out from Central

To cross the the city you need to drive

Manly also has no rail network and no roads that join it to the Central Coast because there is another harbour as big as Sydney Harbour to the north

yeh I get sydney is sht, you keep telling us enough times. and yeh Perth is far superior in most ways I agree, why I chose to live here and not Sydney.
Most people live 20km or less from a stadium. Trains are frequent and cover the city mostly. If you cant be arsed you'll always find an excuse I guess is the moral of the story.
Once again putting words where they weren't said.
I like both places. Perth is just that little bit too boring is all.
I go to plenty of games, I was just commenting on the shit Sydney transport and travel times. That is part of Sydney's culture. For the record I'll either drive and walk, or just get an Uber.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Once again putting words where they weren't said.
I like both places. Perth is just that little bit too boring is all.
I go to plenty of games, I was just commenting on the shit Sydney transport and travel times. That is part of Sydney's culture. For the record I'll either drive and walk, or just get an Uber.
Flogging a dead horse BBB. PR is the expert on all logistics in Sydney despite living on the other side of the country. Throw in his knowledge of the Sydney fans and what they want and and he's the complete package. Thank f**k it's PVL and not PR steering the ship.

Agree

Manly also has no rail network and no roads that join it to the Central Coast because there is another harbour as big as Sydney Harbour to the north

No you can do it by public transport, but due to poor planning, and poor integration of services, it can take you quite a while to do it including waiting for connections.

For example, I live in Sydney's west, past Parramatta. I train to Central, then bus/tram/taxi to the SCG. From when I walk out the door and enter the SCG usually takes me around 70 minutes at least. The trip home, especially if it is a night game, may take me 90+ minutes. Oh and yes I try and take express trains as mine is a major station.

Last edited:
Flogging a dead horse BBB. PR is the expert on all logistics in Sydney despite living on the other side of the country. Throw in his knowledge of the Sydney fans and what they want and and he's the complete package. Thank f**k it's PVL and not PR steering the ship.
Oh I'm just in the mood to point out what all other posters already know, always twisting and squirming when shown the BS he posts. I'll get bored of it soon and start again in 6-12 months for a day or two. No biggie.

Iamback

Coach
QLD can't find another 2 mill anywhere ?
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

please

it probably stays in sydney for 2022
but it'll be up for grabs ongoing until we get our funding

They aren't just going to give money away, They will expect tourist dollars to cover it

Which is what I said.

Election end of March, Have talks July 1 tickets onsale and Brisbane can pay more because Tourist money if NSW falls through

Iamback

Coach
Agree

Not even across the city.

Head into Richmond from Penrith, 2 trains over an hour

Head to Kellyville where Parra train. Bus and train to get to their home ground for games

They aren't just going to give money away, They will expect tourist dollars to cover it

Which is what I said.

Election end of March, Have talks July 1 tickets onsale and Brisbane can pay more because Tourist money if NSW falls through
nah
they'll wear one where they don't make anything in an agreement where they get a few more over the next few years

parrotturd better not take the NRL for granted

horrie hastings

First Grade
can we not post articles behind pay walls? Cut and paste people.

It's funny, usually i cant read an article behind a pay wall but I'm in Darwin at the moment and clicked on the link and it opened straight away and said this article is complementary . A bit puzzled by that but happy all the same.

It's funny, usually i cant read an article behind a pay wall but I'm in Darwin at the moment and clicked on the link and it opened straight away and said this article is complementary . A bit puzzled by that but happy all the same.
They don't bother with a paywall there as most of their population can't read.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Comm bank shows new stadiums do work

Parra get 6000 more per game that they did in the past. Nothing else has changed team is hot and cold

All down to new stadium
Hahaha how do you figure nothing else changed?

2019 Stadium opened

In 2018 you got the spoon.
In 2017 you were 4th
In 2016 you were 14th
In 2015 you were 12th
In 2014 you were 10th
In 2014 you got the spoon
In 2013 you got the spoon

So whilst I’m sure a new stadium increased crowds let’s not ignore that the Eels were rubbish years before and the better crowds are due to the teams improved
performances since it opened.

Bulldog2020

Juniors
This isn't likely to happen. But if the Government said instead of building a new Penrith Stadium we will build it in a location where more than one Team will use it. Where is the best location?

Could Olympic Park be an option?