What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT - OTHER GAMES 2022

So this what I’m thinking about match ups in the finals.

We want to avoid the Storm at all costs at any stage except the GF. Always very physical game against them and always a big chance of injuries.

Would love to face Cowboys at home first up. It’s a team we have the wood on and can you imagine an SFS full of sharks supporters it would be 2016 all over again.

Would love to see Souffs and the Rorters face off against one another in a knockout Semi. Straight after playing each other in the last round. They despise each other and will knock the stuffing out of each other. Hopefully Souffs win and send the Rorters packing as they have the wood on us.

Hopefully Broncos Vs the Eels and the Eels knock them out. The Broncos do worry me in a match up more than the Eels.

Also if the Eels proceed and line up against Penriff at some stage there’s a good chance they can knock them out.

Anyway don’t know if anyone else has been thinking about finals matchups but that’s my current thoughts.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
I have DS but not to the level you have.

What I will say is this, just watch the results and officiating of the last 3 weeks.

I have no doubt they want QCB stadium to host a semi final and will do everything to get them enough wins (they started with the tigers fiasco).

Additionally it will be interesting to see how Penrith manage the final round. f**k them if they rest everyone.

We play 2pm Sunday in last round so we will know what our fate is.

So this what I’m thinking about match ups in the finals.

We want to avoid the Storm at all costs at any stage except the GF. Always very physical game against them and always a big chance of injuries.

Would love to face Cowboys at home first up. It’s a team we have the wood on and can you imagine an SFS full of sharks supporters it would be 2016 all over again.

Would love to see Souffs and the Rorters face off against one another in a knockout Semi. Straight after playing each other in the last round. They despise each other and will knock the stuffing out of each other. Hopefully Souffs win and send the Rorters packing as they have the wood on us.

Hopefully Broncos Vs the Eels and the Eels knock them out. The Broncos do worry me in a match up more than the Eels.

Also if the Eels proceed and line up against Penriff at some stage there’s a good chance they can knock them out.

Anyway don’t know if anyone else has been thinking about finals matchups but that’s my current thoughts.
In summary:
Sharks want to plays- Cows, Rabbits, Eels.
Sharks not want to plays- Penrith, Broncos, Storm and East's.

That's about right.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
We all know he's gonna fail. PS, stop harassing me DH.
Listen up you f**king hater.

At least 75% of you posts are Chad hating.

Our 2016 winning halfback.

Now took the cowboys from close to last to a finals, got paid $800k to. f**k that must kill you, you jealous arse f**king nobody.

You are the most jealous caaaaarnt ever.

Did he f**k your mum, sister, friend?

Your hatred is sickening, you are a weak arse human hater.

Keep tossing to Chad photos you weak person.

DJDL

Bench
This has maybe got shades of 2016 about it.

Win week 1, then sit back and watch while the other teams beat the crap out of each other in week 2.

Week 3 whoever we play is bashed from the week before.

Then on to the big dance.

Dare to dream.

fizman

Bench
Shockingly and disappointingly I have us going out in straight sets. Rolled by the Cowboys in Week 1 and knocked out by the Roosters in Week 2.

I am immensely proud of our commitment and effort, but still believe we are well off the genuine contenders.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Too much to play out yet. Plenty of cards up our sleeve I reckon. Great to be competitive though isn’t it.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Shockingly and disappointingly I have us going out in straight sets. Rolled by the Cowboys in Week 1 and knocked out by the Roosters in Week 2.

I am immensely proud of our commitment and effort, but still believe we are well off the genuine contenders.
I would normally drop a sledge or dismiss the comments as being negative, but I have the same feeling in the back of my mind. Maybe not straight sets, could see us getting the cowboys, but the likes of usual suspects on the NRL love in like roosters, souths or the panthers - would see the end of us.
Just realistic really - they have done things that only other teams can dream of this season - so hats off to the whole club.
Dare to dream

Weaponhead

Coach
Sharks struggle against big packs that offload and/or dominate the ruck. Easts and Storm aren't great match ups for a high intensity finals game. Penrith are just so relentless they punish our errors.

Confident against the rest.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Go The Rabbits

Go the Panthers

Go out and maim each other. If they both can take each others fullbacks out and for the year neither can win this comp.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Bunnies have no one of note injured. In that respect they are blessed. LM or Calamari would be good on the sidelines.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Left side defence for Penrith being found out. Sick of hearing about Johnson’s tries. He literally catches and puts it down.