What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
Crikey! By the way things are going, we will end up with the worst roster the club will have in 2023. Are we at crisis point yet? Players seeking releases when they have years still on their contracts (well some anyway).

The Board must now see what they have done to the club by employing someone who doesn't cut the mustard with the playing squad except for a few ex Queenslanders (not including Su'a who hasn't improved one bit since joining the club and he admits this).

I certainly hope that we can get out of this mess and in a hurry.

Where in hell is this guy called Ryan Webb when you need him? Why aren't the club saying anything?

ChocOConnor

Juniors
What a fkg disaster. How can a club let it get to this. In the corporate world the BOD would need some good answers or have a plan or they would be gone. Without doubt. I thought I would never say this but if the club got relocated or folded I am at a level where I couldn’t care. That’s how
Much anger and hurt I have.

justadragon

Bench
UPDATE - Triple M have said that Su’a will join the Dolphins after the Dragons granted a release today

Dragons and Knights couldn’t come to an agreement in regards to Klemmer

Dragons supposedly released him to ease there salary cap situation aswell as the fact his relationship with the coach was untenable
This is ridiculous, how could we have gotten to this state without even a peep from the BOD, Hook should be sacked immediately for straight out lying at the PC, can someone please tell me with the players we have how our salary cap needs to be eased, where is this money going to and who !!! No wonder we are the laughing stock, our management are just so poor at managing anything, just wow !!!

twinkletoes

Juniors
The management of Dragons could not have sabotaged this club any better if they had tried deliberately. I can't see we will even have a squad of 30 players next year...abysmal. I have followed the Dragons for over 50 years and it breaks my heart to see them just sit idly by and watch the walls crumble around their ears without a whimper

qld redvee

Juniors
Maybe more to come….
Coffs
this is unbelievable isnt it .... Sua saying griffins game plan and training havent taken his game forward and huge differences of opinion . Club must act we are in crisis and meltdown is imminent ,, Get rid of Griffin otherwise how many more players will demand a release .. install Flanno ( he will at least get defence better ) drag all players in for a "debrief air all concerns , and begin an upward trajectory . How do you replace Sua with anything better if salary cap is a concern - pull offer from Hunt and use his money in 2024 to secure at least 1 great prop that can be the cornerstone of the pack fpr years ..
what a complete rabble we have become and we must get rid of griffin inorder to right the ship

dungay dragon

Juniors
Hey Illusion, I don’t think it will take much talking as Hook is on the nose completely with the playing group, except the old plodders & Queenslanders.
Rumours are thick that multi players would be happy to leave.
If our club is that stupid to keep the old boring coach, we may struggle to field a team in 2023.
The next month will prove interesting in Dragon World.
Cant wait a month Coffs , will be nothing left ....... 😢 😢

Illusion

Bench
This is ridiculous, how could we have gotten to this state without even a peep from the BOD, Hook should be sacked immediately for straight out lying at the PC, can someone please tell me with the players we have how our salary cap needs to be eased, where is this money going to and who !!! No wonder we are the laughing stock, our management are just so poor at managing anything, just wow !!!
It's going to Hunt ...

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
UPDATE - Triple M have said that Su’a will join the Dolphins after the Dragons granted a release today

Dragons and Knights couldn’t come to an agreement in regards to Klemmer

Dragons supposedly released him to ease there salary cap situation aswell as the fact his relationship with the coach was untenable
We have salary cap issues when we have the likes of Moga, Sharon and Mbye? Now look at the dogs, roosters, Penriff and Souffs squads. we also have a 100 year old coach who couldn’t coach a bus! And a board who have made it so they can never be removed from office! And we sold our souls and merged with another club when we have one of the largest supporter bases and were one of the most successful clubs of all time.

we are farked. Get farked St Merge!

denis preston

First Grade
Just hold on everyone. There could be various reasons that the club doesn't want to release any information on what their plans are for 2023 in respect to the new players and I hope the coach, recruited. Waiting until after the GF to reveal ? Being over the cap just doesn't make sense and if we are then the football department has to go. If nothing is literally happening behind the scenes than I will be gobsmacked. Time will tell and if we are in this shit THEN we can fire up the stakes and sharpen the pitch forks !

twinkletoes

Juniors
Just hold on everyone. There could be various reasons that the club doesn't want to release any information on what their plans are for 2023 in respect to the new players and I hope the coach, recruited. Waiting until after the GF to reveal ? Being over the cap just doesn't make sense and if we are then the football department has to go. If nothing is literally happening behind the scenes than I will be gobsmacked. Time will tell and if we are in this shit THEN we can fire up the stakes and sharpen the pitch forks !
Too late after the GF the ship will have sailed..the club has a duty to keep the fans informed. The lack of information indicates they have done nothing and will do nothing..its too hard to keep secrets in this business..

justadragon

Bench
I agree with you Denis and I hope you are right, if everything was quiet and there weren't these major dilemmas going on and being reported, everything would be fine, yes i do understand its the media doing their BS, but in the case of Su'a its now out in the public forum. I dont think the club has a choice but to address these issues.

denis preston

First Grade
Too late after the GF the ship will have sailed..the club has a duty to keep the fans informed. The lack of information indicates they have done nothing and will do nothing..its too hard to keep secrets in this business..
Why is it too late ? We have the power as we have their contracts so they cant go anywhere unless we agree. The club refuses to "keep fans informed " on Rumours . If there is any disenchanted player , ( not disputing that this may be true ) will be told to hold on until the end of the year and await further news. That's fair enough isn't it ?
If the club has done nothing by this stage than fan rage not just understandable but necessary. We then employ Current Affair to follow Piggott, Young, Doust & Gordon around like criminals , shove microphones at them and ask to explain the decade long shit fight the club has gone through under their watch !!

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Why is it too late ? We have the power as we have their contracts so they cant go anywhere unless we agree. The club refuses to "keep fans informed " on Rumours . If there is any disenchanted player , ( not disputing that this may be true ) will be told to hold on until the end of the year and await further news. That's fair enough isn't it ?
If the club has done nothing by this stage than fan rage not just understandable but necessary. We then employ Current Affair to follow Piggott, Young, Doust & Gordon around like criminals , shove microphones at them and ask to explain the decade long shit fight the club has gone through under their watch !!
Maybe not A Current Affair, I think the best we could hope for is Jack from the Red V Podcast. At least he would be genuine in his concern for the club!

Parko1310

Juniors
Again, the club is going to pay the price for acting so slowly. What happened with the Verrils deal? We suddenly just dropped off and allowed the titans to swoop in. We lost out to the titans??? Now we'll be forced to either keep McCullough around or go for a stop-gap like Liddle or Turpin. Or both. And then HOPEFULLY get Robson a year later. But why would he really want to come back to us unless he's missing living in the area which there has been no indication is the case?

All I can say is that come November 1st the club better be throwing their hat in the ring for quality players fast as there is plenty of quality off contract after 2023. The panthers are looking to offload Leniu for salary cap reasons. There's one. Joe Tapine will surely test his value and won't re-sign at canberra before november comes. We need to go hard for him. Plus Robson. Su'a wanting to leave is an absolute shambles. Not only because he defensively sures us up, but we already probably needed a second rower. We now need two. I mean seriously, next year we could genuinely be looking at a Jack Bird, Billy Burns second-row. This weakens our middle too because de belin will have to go to lock, which also means woods gets plenty of first-grade action with us next year.

I've been willing to give hook his chance but the reality is we are going backwards next year and I personally don't believe now that with him in charge anyone of note will want to come to our club and play. The situation is turning very sour in my eyes and he should be sacked at season's end because, unfortunately, it just hasn't worked out.

Latest posts