What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poor Ben Hunt

dannyt

Coach
Much quicker then leaving the ageing and failed for the last 5 years Ben Hunt running the side.
Ben will never lead a side to win a comp.
There are too many deficiencies in his game.
Ben does not have the skill and smarts of a Cooper Cronk.
The Dogs will NEVER sign him cause they are not interested in a ageing half back they WANT BUD.
Yes. Obvious to anyone but our BOD.

denis preston

First Grade
In all of this Bud will leave drama I'd like him to be considered for 6 as well. Amone has improved this year but can play 4 or 3 and who knows how much bigger he will be next season. Still believe that injuries may open the door for Bud next year ( others injuries not his ! )

rasaint

Juniors
In brief, Cooper Cronk played with 2 power and big $$$ clubs Storm and final 2 years with the roosters. Also, it’s wonderful to be surrounded by top quality and elite players both forwards and backs. 4 premierships involved. By reports had StGeorge landed Craig Bellamy as coach, Cronk was coming. Didn’t happen and Cronk stayed with Storm.
By comparison Michell Pearce played with one power club and won a premiership with roosters and then Cronk took over in 2018. So good a team in 2018 he played the winning grand final carrying a broken shoulder and apparently never had to make a tackle. Centre Manu stood with him the whole game.
Pearce went to struggling Newcastle. Roster nowhere as good as roosters.

point is yes; Cronk was a fabulous player but stayed close to power clubs where forwards were beaten and backs could attack and sprint fast. Mitchell not quite as polished but top class also.

TruSaint

Referee
In brief, Cooper Cronk played with 2 power and big $$$ clubs Storm and final 2 years with the roosters. Also, it’s wonderful to be surrounded by top quality and elite players both forwards and backs. 4 premierships involved. By reports had StGeorge landed Craig Bellamy as coach, Cronk was coming. Didn’t happen and Cronk stayed with Storm.
By comparison Michell Pearce played with one power club and won a premiership with roosters and then Cronk took over in 2018. So good a team in 2018 he played the winning grand final carrying a broken shoulder and apparently never had to make a tackle. Centre Manu stood with him the whole game.
Pearce went to struggling Newcastle. Roster nowhere as good as roosters.

point is yes; Cronk was a fabulous player but stayed close to power clubs where forwards were beaten and backs could attack and sprint fast. Mitchell not quite as polished but top class also.

Fair, the only thing I would add is that Cronk knew his limitations and his control of the game was masterful. A classic 7 imv.

SBD82

Coach
Fair, the only thing I would add is that Cronk knew his limitations and his control of the game was masterful. A classic 7 imv.
Cronk is the ultimate pro. He wasn’t blessed with freakish natural talent, but his understanding of the game and his composure under fatigue and pressure was second to none.

But most of all, he took responsibility. He took responsibility to take the right option. He took responsibility for getting his outside runners running the lines they needed and organised his side in defence - constantly barking orders. He took responsibility to deliver the last tackle play. He made the clutch plays. He didn’t cut corners or rely on trick shots.

What I wouldn’t give to have someone with those traits running our team.

Cronk is the ultimate pro. He wasn’t blessed with freakish natural talent, but his understanding of the game and his composure under fatigue and pressure was second to none.

But most of all, he took responsibility. He took responsibility to take the right option. He took responsibility for getting his outside runners running the lines they needed and organised his side in defence - constantly barking orders. He took responsibility to deliver the last tackle play. He made the clutch plays. He didn’t cut corners or rely on trick shots.

What I wouldn’t give to have someone with those traits running our team.
He is a fkn dreadful commentator, though. A meaningful sentence is a happy accident.

SBD82

Coach
He is a fkn dreadful commentator, though. A meaningful sentence is a happy accident.
Haha. Sadly true. Given his understanding of the game I had high hopes for his contributions to the fox commentary team. Thought he’d bring some real analysis instead of the tired tropes being reeled out.

Not sure if he’s been directed to dumb it down. But he hasn’t lived up to my expectations.

Walpole

Juniors
Commentary would be so much better if they used ex-players who had some sort of media or journalistic training and could string two coherent words together. I'd rather hear from someone with a bit of intelligence who only played 6 games but still has an insight into the game, and doesn't have blind allegiance to any particular club or a crippling case of CTE.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Commentary would be so much better if they used ex-players who had some sort of media or journalistic training and could string two coherent words together. I'd rather hear from someone with a bit of intelligence who only played 6 games but still has an insight into the game, and doesn't have blind allegiance to any particular club or a crippling case of CTE.
Surely all these ex-player commentators is a left over from their playing day's TPAs , where they got assured that "if you sign for $300,000 less than you are worth, you will be given a juicy, well paid commentators job after you retire - we'll look after you".

Gareth67

First Grade
Ah but for the days of clear thinking and fair
commentators such as , the Moose Rex Mossop and the encyclopaedia endowed mind of Ron Casey ! 😳

Last edited:

Latest posts