What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poor Ben Hunt

I'm cheering on the Dogs or the Dolphins cos I've had my 5 years of Hunt and that's enough. I know everyone's entitled to an off day, but his performance last weekend tells me that his presence is just a) sucking up money that could be better spent elsewhere and b) stymying a potentially great halves combination with Amone and Sullivan.
So long, Ben, and thanks for all the 40/20's.

Dragon David

First Grade
The Dragons badly require the services of a dynamic attacking half who can provide a link between the forwards and backs - a bit of a ‘ will of the wisp ‘ .

I fear that Benny’s legs at 33 years simply will not be up to the task . The dragons have a number of youngsters who could do that although they will need time to find their feet . And I am not referring to the occasional game in the top grade , but as part of the run on side on a weekly basis .

Each of the other 15 teams do this , but here at the Dragons the coach appears to select them spasmodically and then it’s back to sit on the bench . They are not gaining the necessary experience required by constantly pulling splinters from their posteriors on that bench .

As so many have said in the past it is time for Griffin to bite the bullet and move Hunt to hooker thus allowing the youngsters their opportunity to play in the halves and by so doing forming solid combinations with one another .

Only my 2 bobs worth .
I'll give you 20 cents Gareth!

Illusion

Bench
I'm cheering on the Dogs or the Dolphins cos I've had my 5 years of Hunt and that's enough. I know everyone's entitled to an off day, but his performance last weekend tells me that his presence is just a) sucking up money that could be better spent elsewhere and b) stymying a potentially great halves combination with Amone and Sullivan.
So long, Ben, and thanks for all the 40/20's.
With you on this ..... The whole joint reeks from the top to the coaching ranks ...... The Boy's club has succeeded in ruining this once Mighty Club and brought it to its knees .....

rasaint

Juniors
Bit of balance fellas, Ben Hunt is top class but had an ordinary game on the weekend. He is carrying a side that doesn’t have forward size or speed. Suspensions galore courtesy of the dodgy match review grading system ( enough said) and untimely season ending injurie.

Id take a 34 / 35 year old Ben at $750k a season For 24 and 25. Half or Hooker. He has a big motor.

Gareth67

First Grade
A number of our distinguished brethren have surmised just that ,so it comes as no surprise that the Dragons brain- trust responded as predicted .

After all they certainly do not read the forum , but they certainly do take notice of the media reports .

They are no fools . 🙄

Coffs dragon

Bench
I know they are from totally different eras, but if Ben Hunt is seeking close to $1mil per season, then imagine how much Billy Smith would be worth these days!

Twice the player with the heart of a Dragon that always ran forward setting up a hole runner.
God I miss and cherish those days. These days I struggle to find a favourite player in our assortment of jerseys.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Bit of balance fellas, Ben Hunt is top class but had an ordinary game on the weekend. He is carrying a side that doesn’t have forward size or speed. Suspensions galore courtesy of the dodgy match review grading system ( enough said) and untimely season ending injurie.

Id take a 34 / 35 year old Ben at $750k a season For 24 and 25. Half or Hooker. He has a big motor.
Forgot to add
Poorly advised and little or no Club Loyalty ....Bulldogs meeting .....

saintmar

Juniors

You're kidding and lose the future young talent for two more years of the same shit.
Benny has had five years to guide us to the semis and has failed.
It's time to go our seperate ways.

Illusion

Bench
You're kidding and lose the future young talent for two more years of the same shit.
Benny has had five years to guide us to the semis and has failed.
It's time to go our seperate ways.
Totally agree it hasn't worked with him , need to move on and try again ..... The only way for me he stays and plays 9 and 7 when needed giving Bud time to adjust to first grade .....

saintmar

Juniors
How many years is it going to take 2 rookies to "guide" us to the finals?
Much quicker then leaving the ageing and failed for the last 5 years Ben Hunt running the side.
Ben will never lead a side to win a comp.
There are too many deficiencies in his game.
Ben does not have the skill and smarts of a Cooper Cronk.
The Dogs will NEVER sign him cause they are not interested in a ageing half back they WANT BUD.