What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gazzamatta

Coach
OK then, the oppotunity to play FG NRL with Benji and Sheens might well be a worthy consideration. Let's face it, its either a chance at a NRL shit club, a chance at a better NRL club as NSW Cup half or super league.

Having said that I have no idea what his Dad thinks. Anecdotally, he was happy for him to go and train under Belly, which would probably mean that he would live on the Sunshine Coast if under that system.
Look at the player the Tigpies turned Harry the Happy Hooker into. Ffs.

Chipmunk

Coach
could we swap him for the busted hastings
Well he isn't busted, he just had a late season injury.

Not the worst option as a 14, who could play 9 for 10-15 minutes a week and then fill in as a middle half 13 after that, and then a back up half if needed.

hindy111

Post Whore
If I was running the club I'd keep JA for sure. But he'd be facing some stiff competition in NSW cup as I'd be looking for a half.
Parra also need to sign 2 x utilities. One a project style for NSW CUP. And the other a genuine nrl player.
Peachey might be a cheekie option. There would be a few out there. JA shouldn't be considered at all as a bench option. He should only be considered as a back up if Moses is out and also facing competition for that.

Chipmunk

Coach
If I was running the club I'd keep JA for sure. But he'd be facing some stiff competition in NSW cup as I'd be looking for a half.
Parra also need to sign 2 x utilities. One a project style for NSW CUP. And the other a genuine nrl player.
Peachey might be a cheekie option. There would be a few out there. JA shouldn't be considered at all as a bench option. He should only be considered as a back up if Moses is out and also facing competition for that.
As I posted the other day, with Hodgson here I think we need a genuine 14, someone who can at a minimim play dummy half for 10-15 minutes a week, but who is also capable of filling-in in the halves if needed.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Do those Storm guys actually live on the Sunshine Coast or do they just get flown up for games on the weekends? Doesn't Cooper Johns live with Grant and Smith?
They are full time NRL players so they need to be at daily training in Melbourne with the rest of the squad.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Is O'Sullivan actually any good, or is he just a good player in good team, otherwise he's a shit player in a shit team (of which the majority of NRL players would fall into that category)? He has been able to slot into an exceptionally good team, who play exceptionally well as a team.

It will be interesting to see how he goes again at a team who won't be as strong.
His and Arthur’s output in reserve grade this year is very similar. I think the Panthers first grade side makes him look good.