What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Chipmunk

Coach
Maybe Ice is still trying to get out of his deal. He might think publicly not committing will force the Tigers to look elsewhere. There was a rumour if they land Bateman they may let Ice walk. Who knows. The Tigers are right to hold him to the deal, but if he in fact does not want to be there, is that someone the Tigers really need at their club right now? Tough one.
We're better off getting Bateman ourselves and letting him stick with the deal.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Tigers need a backup half as Jock Madden I believe is leaving to penrith.

Why not sign a backup half like Jake Arthur with now has more finals experience then the main one at tigerland in Luke Brooks.
Think Madden may be a good chance of going to the Broncos now

Chipmunk

Coach
Think Madden may be a good chance of going to the Broncos now
I actually think that the smart move would be for Jake to be 'loaned' to the Panthers for a year. He will only ever be a half in a Cleary type of way, so who better to learn from. To be honest I don't think Ivan would be against it either.

Chipmunk

Coach
Id say I have no idea just like you.
Well like all of us, you have no actual idea about most things you're commenting on in this forum, so I don't see why you wouldn't offer an opinion on this question, just like anything else.

It's an opinion forum after all, not a factual account of events.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I actually think that the smart move would be for Jake to be 'loaned' to the Panthers for a year. He will only ever be a half in a Cleary type of way, so who better to learn from. To be honest I don't think Ivan would be against it either.
How about we just keep JA now, as we have done a lot of the hard work in developing him……why let another club have the benefit…

And if JA isn’t good enough as a back up for us, why would he be good enough for the Panthers….

anyhow he is fine as a back up and will be better after another offseason…

Avenger

Immortal
How about we just keep JA now, as we have done a lot of the hard work in developing him……why let another club have the benefit…

And if JA isn’t good enough as a back up for us, why would he be good enough for the Panthers….

I don’t think he’s got it and I’d be astounded if he became a regular NRL
player. No chance he will ever be a rep player. He’s up there with Scott Fulton, Ben Anderson and more recently Cooper Johns at the Storm.

Chipmunk

Coach

Do you think we'd keep him if his father wasn't here?

Gronk

Staff member
Well like all of us, you have no actual idea about most things you're commenting on in this forum, so I don't see why you wouldn't offer an opinion on this question, just like anything else.

It's an opinion forum after all, not a factual account of events.
OK then, the oppotunity to play FG NRL with Benji and Sheens might well be a worthy consideration. Let's face it, its either a chance at a NRL shit club, a chance at a better NRL club as NSW Cup half or super league.

Having said that I have no idea what his Dad thinks. Anecdotally, he was happy for him to go and train under Belly, which would probably mean that he would live on the Sunshine Coast if under that system.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Do you think we'd keep him if his father wasn't here?

I don’t think he’s got it and I’d be astounded if he became a regular NRL
player. No chance he will ever be a rep player. He’s up there with Scott Fulton, Ben Anderson and more recently Cooper Johns at the Storm.

If you mean wouId he have an NRL contract, yes he wouId…..

He may not become a regular NRL player, but he is going as good as Sean O’Sullivan was as a 19 year year old and we have seen what 4 years or so of development did for him…..

Chipmunk

Coach
OK then, the oppotunity to play FG NRL with Benji and Sheens might well be a worthy consideration. Let's face it, its either a chance at a NRL shit club, a chance at a better NRL club as NSW Cup half or super league.

Having said that I have no idea what his Dad thinks. Anecdotally, he was happy for him to go and train under Belly, which would probably mean that he would live on the Sunshine Coast if under that system.
Do those Storm guys actually live on the Sunshine Coast or do they just get flown up for games on the weekends? Doesn't Cooper Johns live with Grant and Smith?

Avenger

Immortal

He may not become a regular NRL player, but he is going as good as Sean O’Sullivan was as a 19 year year old and we have seen what 4 years or so of development did for him…..
Was he as slow as Jake when he was 19? Did he make plays and telegraph it to the opposition like it was via satellite from a 1990’s CNN telecast?

Chipmunk

Coach

Is O'Sullivan actually any good, or is he just a good player in good team, otherwise he's a shit player in a shit team (of which the majority of NRL players would fall into that category)? He has been able to slot into an exceptionally good team, who play exceptionally well as a team.

It will be interesting to see how he goes again at a team who won't be as strong.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Tigers need a backup half as Jock Madden I believe is leaving to penrith.

Why not sign a backup half like Jake Arthur with now has more finals experience then the main one at tigerland in Luke Brooks.
I like The Pennys attitude having the SOO halfs yet still see the need to have an acceptable back up. Thats professionalism. That said, the latest rumour is Madden is headed to Brisbane.

Gazzamatta

Coach

Jake excells at off seasons apparently Joshy. 😁