What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 2 Finals: Parra v Raiders GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 16/9/22

hindy111

Post Whore
Imagine all the journos who have written their Saturday morning stories assuming eels had lost!!

telecrap / fox must be a mad house right now!!!

merkins!!

hooper and Radley are f**ked!!

Did I not say we will blow them apart? I just don't understand why people feared Canberra. Honestly would of been embarrassing had we lost.

Gould summed them up. They are capable of a poor performance and you don't know when it will come. They won't go to far.

We actualy where robbed two tries also. Sivo arm was always on that ball. Browns pass flat.

Soto

Bench
Watched 1hr replay and pressers last night after I got home.
On Opacic it's a hammie. BA wasn't too sure on the extent but didn't sound confident on Opacic being available next week.
On Ricky's presser...very hard for me to say this but he was all class. In summary he said we were too good. Very gracious in defeat. Said a few things didn't go their way but didnt want to deflect and was full of praise for parra and BA.
For that I salute you Ricky and thanks for doing a job on the Storm

Watched 1hr replay and pressers last night after I got home.
On Opacic it's a hammie. BA wasn't too sure on the extent but didn't sound confident on Opacic being available next week.
On Ricky's presser...very hard for me to say this but he was all class. In summary he said we were too good. Very gracious in defeat. Said a few things didn't go their way but didnt want to deflect and was full of praise for parra and BA.
For that I salute you Ricky and thanks for doing a job on the Storm
Just watched the Ricky post match presso, yeah he was all class for a weak gutted dog. See ya Pricky!

Last edited:

King-Gutho94

Coach
Did I not say we will blow them apart? I just don't understand why people feared Canberra. Honestly would of been embarrassing had we lost.

Gould summed them up. They are capable of a poor performance and you don't know when it will come. They won't go to far.

We actualy where robbed two tries also. Sivo arm was always on that ball. Browns pass flat.
PTSD from previous finals campaigns that all it was.

Until we win a comp every Parra fan will be nervous ahead of a big game especially when favourites.

If it was a regular season game everyone would have been confident. It's just what it is.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I think our path this year is better then doing it the Penrith way.

Penrith don't play to next Saturday which is 15 days between games. Now Penrith are too professional and will handle it.

But I reckon for a team like us that plays well when we have momentum the long wait between games and the pressure of a home preliminary final against souths may have been the worst thing.

At least now we head up to Townsville confident now it won't be easy but as I said all week we won't be favourites which suits us well and the cowboys have the expectations of a whole region next week with a young side could get overawed.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Next week will be tough, the crowd will be on for the Cows like it was for us last night, and it'll be hot and draining as f**k.

Also whilst I reckon the Cowboys have overachieved this season, they proved against the Sharks beyond doubt they are up to finals footy and wouldn't be a walkover even if the game was being played at CommBank.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think our path this year is better then doing it the Penrith way.

Penrith don't play to next Saturday which is 15 days between games. Now Penrith are too professional and will handle it.

But I reckon for a team like us that plays well when we have momentum the long wait between games and the pressure of a home preliminary final against souths may have been the worst thing.

At least now we head up to Townsville confident now it won't be easy but as I said all week we won't be favourites which suits us well and the cowboys have the expectations of a whole region next week with a young side could get overawed.

Nathan had 6 weeks off and put in a master class.

hindy111

Post Whore
Next week will be tough, the crowd will be on for the Cows like it was for us last night, and it'll be hot and draining as f**k.

Also whilst I reckon the Cowboys have overachieved this season, they proved against the Sharks beyond doubt they are up to finals footy and wouldn't be a walkover even if the game was being played at CommBank.

I think we might blow the arse off them tbh.
I just don't fear them at all.

King-Gutho94

Coach

They have a never give up Queensland like mentality how many games have they come from behind to win in the last 10 mins this year a lot.

But that sharks cowboys game wasn't a finals like intensity it got exciting with the extra time but 32-30 scoreline in a final isn't what you want imo.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Nathan had 6 weeks off and put in a master class.
I reckon if we get Penrith in the GF we are better prepared.

If we beat Penrith last week we probably play them in the GF anyway and could we seriously beat them twice in four weeks and 4 times in a season.

We know we can beat them if we get them again. It will be at a neutral venue and just don't play like a team scared to win but go after the game as BA said.

We played last week too scared too lose.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Game on a friday night next week allows us a 9 day turnaround if we make the GF.

Which is perfect considering Townsville trip and not having a rest. That extra day recovery will crucial really if we make the big dance.

Gazzamatta

Coach
One of my best nights ever at the footy. Quite a few Eels dickhead supporters around us but no denying the atmosphere. The mocking of the Viking Clap was sensational as was the Rickys a Wanker Chant.
I didnt hear any booing of Jake in my area and in fact people stood and clapped him as he walked from the field.
I loved BAs presser. Such a nice change from his usual vanilla offerings. Well done BA. Mitch and Dyl simply amazing. Reg and Lane, fantastic. Gutho was everywhere. Rheed best game of the year. I loved how he was prepared to "do" Big Papa. Waqa remains a worry but we were good enough to cover his brain farts.
A huge day after arriving at 1pm but totally loved it.
Great tactics, great effort, great passion. This is the Parramatta we love to watch.
Magnificent and all that for $12. Unbelievable.
Go you Magnificent Eels.

IFR33K

Coach
One of my best nights ever at the footy. Quite a few Eels dickhead supporters around us but no denying the atmosphere. The mocking of the Viking Clap was sensational as was the Rickys a Wanker Chant.
I didnt hear any booing of Jake in my area and in fact people stood and clapped him as he walked from the field.
I loved BAs presser. Such a nice change from his usual vanilla offerings. Well done BA. Mitch and Dyl simply amazing. Reg and Lane, fantastic. Gutho was everywhere. Rheed best game of the year. I loved how he was prepared to "do" Big Papa. Waqa remains a worry but we were good enough to cover his brain farts.
A huge day after arriving at 1pm but totally loved it.
Great tactics, great effort, great passion. This is the Parramatta we love to watch.
Magnificent and all that for $12. Unbelievable.
Go you Magnificent Eels.

I’m certain when ja came on the booing wasn’t for him. It was bc the Moses incident didn’t go on report and no penalty

Black Panther

Juniors
Well done Parra. See what a home advantage brings.. Now go up to Townsville and play the Cowboys on their home track and you will get my respect if you win.