What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final Qualifier: Parra v Cowboys GAME DAY THREAD in Townsville 23/9/22

strider

Post Whore
Someone explain to me how we didn't get a penalty when Taumalolo tried to murder Ice? But he still went to the bin.
I know they have done it before, but it is stupid to go back several plays later .... if they do this consistently from now on then fine .... but you just know they wont.

Tooooks

Bench
I just read they had 74 tackles - 12 sets of 6 - in our 20. One of the best attacking teams in the comp. Unbelievable defence.

On another note, Todd Payten was really classy in defeat in the presser I thought. Even downplayed that forward pass. Did an amazing job getting them from 15th to the preliminary.

Sensei Cobra

Juniors
A
I said I was lost for words before and Im still amazed on what's happened tonight.

Just watching the press conference with BA and Gutho they had the right attitude tonight and came there to win

Outstanding performance in the end. The cowboys threw everything at them. I reckon they had more possession, more metres gained and more time in our half but we defended for everything. Never gave up. Absolutely brilliant

I thought at 20 12 behind, they wouldn't come back, but to me what turned it around was when Campbell Gillard came on put a big shot on the Cowboys forward. Had a big run then scored. You can see it in his face he was pumped up and lifted the team. He's one of the best signings in history.

Gutho was outstanding. But Shaun Lane? wow. Sign him for life, he was outstanding. Man of the match for sure.

I can see in Arthurs face he wants to smile but knows theres work to do.

I haven't been this happy for a long time. Brilliant. I'm a bit emotional at the moment, whatever happens next week I'm absolutely proud of the boys.

I'm not crying you're crying 🥲
Agree Re:Reg he was massive and he changed the game when he came back on in the 2nd half

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Got to give Payten credit, all class in his press conference…..didn’t complain at all about that pass (was forward but offset by the Moses grab for their 2nd try), even suggested it may have been ok….

Takes a big person to do that, after been absolutely devastated with that loss….a lot of coaches couldn’t do that

Cowboys are in good hands….

hindy111

Post Whore
@hindy111 your a bloody genius….got to give you credit, after putting shit on your predictions…

you picked it, eels win!!

now get me some horse tips for today…

I hate horses. Mik loves a bet but I can ask. I have a friend who is a real battler who pours his savings into gambling. He won't admit to being addicted. Worse is he bets with his heart. Makes decent coin but always broke from these things.
It's nice if you can enjoy a punt but there is a dark side to it as well which is a real shame. Still baffled how we let people pour their wages into a pokies machine.
I'd like to see it more difficult. A capped limit.

strider

Post Whore
Great that we gave Carty a run 😳 ... it was handy to have an edge on the bench tho when we had both edges had to go off. But you would have to think he is likely the only change for next week. Maka back or Nrown? Marata to cover edge if needed. Matto needs as much time in the middle as possible.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
There's no doubt the Moses was forward but not that bad, cmon Fatty Vautin put your glasses on lol, but how the heck were Cowboys players onside anyway, they up were before the play the ball. I don't think there was an offside penalty or 6 again call all night

hindy111

Post Whore
The Cowboys first try was poor movements by Mahoney. He stood still which left a gap that invited Cotter to run. Unsure how others seen it. Yes Marata missed him but had Mahoney moved across I doubt Cotter decides to run towards the hole that he saw.

In general Mahoney played well. His blind side raids where smart. Only a stain is he bounces off tackles. His last month of footy has been quite strong. Not spectacular but much better.

Gutherson form has also turned around.

As great as Papali'i is if I was putting our forward in line right now for best this season he is 5th.

1. LANE
2. RCG
3.MATTERSON
4.JNR
5.PAPALI
6.MARATA

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The Cowboys first try was poor movements by Mahoney. He stood still which left a gap that invited Cotter to run. Unsure how others seen it. Yes Marata missed him but had Mahoney moved across I doubt Cotter decides to run towards the hole that he saw.

In general Mahoney played well. His blind side raids where smart. Only a stain is he bounces off tackles. His last month of footy has been quite strong. Not spectacular but much better.

Gutherson form has also turned around.

As great as Papali'i is if I was putting our forward in line right now for best this season he is 5th.

1. LANE
2. RCG
3.MATTERSON
4.JNR
5.PAPALI
6.MARATA
Watch it again. Gutho drops out of the line and points to Marata to fill the hole.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Got to give Payten credit, all class in his press conference…..didn’t complain at all about that pass (was forward but offset by the Moses grab for their 2nd try), even suggested it may have been ok….

Takes a big person to do that, after been absolutely devastated with that loss….a lot of coaches couldn’t do that

Cowboys are in good hands….

Imo, the pass for our first try was flat, but I can understand why people think it might have been forward.

But I agree - Payten is a class act.