What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith Panthers Jersey Flegg/NSW Cup 2022 Discussion Thread

Kilkenny

Coach
Soni Luke was awarded MOM which I thought was pretty deserving came up with some big plays and was always dangerous when he chose to run. He may not quite be as solid as Api defensively but he puts his body on the line and as today demonstrated can play big minutes. Sure NRL intensity is a step up but he is real threat out of dummy half.

Iamback

Coach
Going off today’s game, Cole will need to work on his defence in preseason if he is going to get a run in first grade. He let in 2 soft tries today defending at centre, so has some work to do to be able to defend on an edge or middle as a 14 in first grade.

Needs too bulk up too but he hasn't had a single pre-season

But can play left and right side, Centre and halves. Is tall so with some weight could be possible to be edge

Kilkenny

Coach
Yeah his strength is being an unusual prop. Not a bash and barge type.
He was enormous today I thought. Big minutes. Both he and Brad Fearnley have a future. Fearnley just has that presence about him, he has NRL written all over him. I assume he will have a full off season with the NRL squad, he is going to something I think.

I think as today showed, along with SG Ball there is some talent to work with so there us every reason to be optimistic we can continue on this winning path even allowing for the huge losses of Kikau and Api.

snickers007

Juniors
Couple of former Panthers playing for the Norths Devils this weekend, Kieran Mosely and Brayden McGrady.

Will be interested to see how we stack up against these guys. They've got Tyson Gamble and Tyrone Roberts in the halves but not a lot of other NRL experience.

Big Mick

Referee
For mine Brad Fearnley was best on ground in Flegg. He was a beast the whole game. And Soni Luke was a class above literally everyone else on the field. I just hope he can translate that to NRL next year.

Nealo 12

Bench
So SOS is really not playing in the Cup Championship game as he is covering for first grade .... seriously who would believe that ?

snickers007

Juniors
So SOS is really not playing in the Cup Championship game as he is covering for first grade .... seriously who would believe that ?

The State Championship is a nothing game.

Last thing we want is to have an 18th man activated who has already played 80mins. Especially they come on early.

Not sure why you're doubting it.

mxlegend99

Referee
Cup championship isn't that important. They won the grand final already. So IMO there's no reason to risk SOS when there's a chance he could contribute to the NRL grand final

There's talk of Brown being picked for the sole purpose of taking Nathan out of the game. I dont think he's going to. I can't see it being something Eels would do.

But its possible Nathan could be injured.
If he was ruled out from an illegal tackle. SOS comes in and we don't skip a beat really. He's able to make sure we play the same way we trained to play and adequately does a job controlling the game.

Most logical replacement IMO. Every other position basically is covered as best we can within our 17.

Fullback has Staines / Critter
Wing has Critter
Centre has Salmon
5/8 has Salmon (or SOS if activated)
Prop already on bench
Second row can be covered by Salmon / Kenny
Lock by Kenny

Our game revolves around controlled kicking and game management. We would lose that immediately if Nathan was out and our halves became Salmon and Luai.

Murraymob1

Juniors
The choose brown to target Cleary not to hurt him.they would run the risk of penalty a binning or at worst a send off.All of the above would cost them in a close game

Latest posts