What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith Panthers Jersey Flegg/NSW Cup 2022 Discussion Thread

Kilkenny

Coach
Big fan of fearnley huge motor on this kid .if we could get Peru into hooker fast track it we could have a winner there
Good crowd 6300 I think I heard as I was walking out.

The Flegg was played in very hot conditions and it was pretty intense game of footy. Players were going down all over the place towards the end with cramps and exhaustion. The knights would be gutted giving up the 18-6 lead with not long to go but credit to our boys for hanging in there. I thought it was a good game, I enjoyed it.

Not withstanding his decision to throw the dummy late on after his break, with a support player looming up I thought Geyer was one of our best. He played big minutes in the heat and was in thick of the action all game. Disappointing season for him with injury and being a bit down on form but I thought he showed enough today to suggest he should have a good 2023. Fearnley certainly has a future and I can see him playing NRL in a season or two Been impressed With him all season.

The NSW Cup game still very hot, but the shadows going across the ground made it bit easier. Probably should have put the Dogs away more a more comfortable win but we kept allowing them back into the game. The dogs were certainly gutsy. Soni Luke official MOM can’t argue he was very effective and dangerous all game. Plenty of Panthers fans in the crowd enjoyed the two wins so it was a fun afternoon.

Last edited:

Nealo 12

Bench

The Flegg was played in very hot conditions and it was pretty intense game of footy. Players were going down all over the place towards the end with cramps and exhaustion. The knights would be gutted giving up the 18-6 lead with not long to go but credit to our boys for hanging in there. I thought it was a good game, I enjoyed it.

Not withstanding his decision to throw the dummy late on after his break, with a support player looming up I thought Geyer was one of our best. He played big minutes in the heat and was in thick of the action all game. Disappointing season for him with injury and being a bit down on form but I thought he showed enough today to suggest he should have a good 2023. Fearnley certainly has a future and I can see him playing NRL in a season or two Been impressed With him all season.

The NSW Cup game still very hot, but the shadows going across the ground made it bit easier. Probably should have put the Dogs away more a more comfortable win but we kept allowing them back into the game. The dogs were certainly gutsy. Soni Luke official MOM can’t argue he was very effective and dangerous all game. Plenty of Panthers fans in the crowd enjoyed the two wins so it was a fun afternoon.
Congrats for showing your support ,great times 👍

Kilkenny

Coach
Best game I’ve seen from Geyer I thought
I agree 100% mate, he really was good. Never stopped putting his hand up for the tough hit ups thru the middle.

Special mention for our fullback, nothing off him but again his work rate was terrific.

Kilkenny

Coach
Congrats for showing your support ,great times 👍
Bit hungover from last night, and after today with no hat, sitting in the Eastern Stand burnt to a crisp. Still glad I went in the end. Lot of emotion amongst our NSW boys , not surprising given how many are leaving, but still one game for them left so celebrations may have to be moderate. Most of our NRL squad were at the game cheering on there team mates so nice to see.

Nealo 12

Bench
Bit hungover from last night, and after today with no hat, sitting in the Eastern Stand burnt to a crisp. Still glad I went in the end. Lot of emotion amongst our NSW boys , not surprising given how many are leaving, but still one game for them left so celebrations may have to be moderate. Most of our NRL squad were at the game cheering on there team mates so nice to see.
Yes I was a bit dusty this morning as well, I had to rewatch the game and then try to get the outside TV connected to watch today's games... worked out and we did it albiet a bit harder than I liked

Iamback

Coach

Yeah I don't think the conditions came through the coverage, I was roasting there. As hot as the Sharks trial was easily

Kilkenny

Coach
Yeah I don't think the conditions came through the coverage, I was roasting there. As hot as the Sharks trial was easily
Wife and I burnt to a crisp, it was oppressive .

Cant remember whether it was in extra time or late on normal time, but there was a monument where knights had four players down with cramp and we had two of our own. Not enough trainers to go round. It was brutal.

Kilkenny

Coach
Can anyone provide the penalty count, set restart stats for the Flegg game, seemed there was very few of either. Throw back to the Billy Harrigan style of refereeing.

maple_69

Bench
I liked the look of our bench prop, Tuia, in Flegg as well, every run had impact. Odd that Smith wasn’t sighted in the second half, Scott’s service was pretty slow.

Kilkenny

Coach
I liked the look of our bench prop, Tuia, in Flegg as well, every run had impact. Odd that Smith wasn’t sighted in the second half, Scott’s service was pretty slow.
I really like the look of Billy Scott, May not have shined today, but I rate him highly from what I saw earlier in the the year in SG Ball. He is a talent.

Iamback

Coach
Wife and I burnt to a crisp, it was oppressive .

Cant remember whether it was in extra time or late on normal time, but there was a monument where knights had four players down with cramp and we had two of our own. Not enough trainers to go round. It was brutal.

I ended up moving behind the posts because it was crazy

Iamback

Coach
I really like the look of Billy Scott, May not have shined today, but I rate him highly from what I saw earlier in the the year in SG Ball. He is a talent.

I think we should move Jack Cole or Puru for hooker. If not he looks the most promising

betcats

Referee
I’d love to see H.puru at hooker next year he has the build and skills for it, good at lock also though with jmaine going that spot could be his in cup. I think Connor mason has looked great at hooker he’s a bit skinny though but he was excellent earlier in the season. Haven’t seen Scott enough to really judge him.

Iamback

Coach
I’d love to see H.puru at hooker next year he has the build and skills for it, good at lock also though with jmaine going that spot could be his in cup. I think Connor mason has looked great at hooker he’s a bit skinny though but he was excellent earlier in the season. Haven’t seen Scott enough to really judge him.

Either him or Cole should be Salmons role. The other hopefully hooker

Crashtest

Juniors
Either him or Cole should be Salmons role. The other hopefully hooker
Going off today’s game, Cole will need to work on his defence in preseason if he is going to get a run in first grade. He let in 2 soft tries today defending at centre, so has some work to do to be able to defend on an edge or middle as a 14 in first grade.