What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 28-12 Parramatta @ Accor

Grand Final: Penrith v Parramatta

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 58 66.7%
  • Parramatta Eels

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Munky

Coach
Also, if Penrith go B-T-B then it diminishes both theirs and the Roosters effort, showing how soft the comp has been since 2010.

2010 was definitely the start of the soft years.

A Matt Elliot coached side finished second and beat the minor premier as well.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Tune into ABC grandstand and start recording the game at least 5-10 mins before kick-off. On the recording timeline, pause or forward the feed until you are synced with the radio call. Will take a little bit of getting used to.

Once you get it synced, don't touch the recording and the ABC call during half time, just let it be. Make sure you have enough space on your HDD. If you want, you can sort this out when the state cup or the women's game starts so you can get the hang of it.

Sadly once again, we don't have the Roy & HG call during the GF.
Andrew Moore is without question the best lead commentator in the game today.

The grandstand team around him is also excellent.

GongPanther

Referee
Andrew Moore is without question the best lead commentator in the game today.

The grandstand team around him is also excellent.
The only radio station I listen to before the games.

Remember Roy & HG will be havig their last Episode of Bludging On The Blindside of the year when they talk about last week's games, and preview the GF. Oh, and I'm sure they will do a post mortem on the AFL. I think they'll refer it as the closest AFL GF of all time.🤣🤣🤣

BunniesMan

Immortal
As I am a free agent on the search for a new club to support and both the Eels and Panthers are on my short list (not because they're doing well right now)...I might actually decide by dedicating the rest of my life as a fan to whoever LOSES the big dance. That way I do not get accused of bandwagoning.

Iamback

Coach
As I am a free agent on the search for a new club to support and both the Eels and Panthers are on my short list (not because they're doing well right now)...I might actually decide by dedicating the rest of my life as a fan to whoever LOSES the big dance. That way I do not get accused of bandwagoning.

Even more motivation for the people's team to win

MKCS

Juniors

Big news for the Parramatta/Penrith camp.

Reflector

Juniors
Penrith are the benchmark side in both attack and defence and (even if they find themselves behind on the scoreboard) they stick to their game-plan without getting rattled, such is the confidence they have in themselves to finish the job. They are one of the best sides I've seen in the NRL era, in terms of both technical ability and mentality. They are truly an 80 minute team with big game experience and the Premiership to prove they've got what it takes.

Saying that-

It just feels like this is Parra's time, simply because it looks so unlikely compared to any other time they've found themselves in this position (or close enough) during the last 36 years. Normally, a high-stakes game like this for Parra is typified by:

a) Losing from positions they shouldn't have lost from
b) Losing games they were hot favourites to win
c) Having a tangible weight of expectation to end the Premiership drought

Yet none of this is evident this time around. To make the decider they had to turn around an 8-point deficit against a red-hot Cowboys team at one of the toughest away venues in the NRL, with the humidity and Moses (not exactly known as a player who rises to such occasions) with some huge potential distractions from the previous week of his life to compartmentalise.

If Parra are leading Penrith in the GF and then get run down, it won't be considered a major deal because the Panthers have done it plenty of times before, even as recently as the weekend just gone. So there's no pressure on Parra to not choke. Panthers are the clear favourites and have been all season, so no pressure on Parra. Most people expect them to lose, so (in ironically similar fashion to the Knights in 2001) they can enjoy the week, enjoy the game and if they lose so what? They were always the underdogs. This also removes the spectre of c).

Then, to cap it all off is Brad Arthur. If ever there was a coach who was going to oversee Parramatta's Premiership drought ending, of course he would be bald. And you can't tell me there's no coincidence that Peter Sterling, who started on 9's commentary team in 1992 with those blonde locks, would hang up the mic 29 years later after sitting there and having to narrate countless Eels heartbreaks live and go bald in the process, only for his beloved club to reach glory the first year after he said enough is enough. Has Keith Barnes retiring in '68 then Balmain winning in '69 vibes to it.

It all just feels like the most typically Parramatta thing ever- which gives me this feeling that it's meant to be after all...

Last edited:

Angry_eel

First Grade
Penrith are the benchmark side in both attack and defence and (even if they find themselves behind on the scoreboard) they stick to their game-plan without getting rattled, such is the confidence they have in themselves to finish the job. They are one of the best sides I've seen in the NRL era, in terms of both technical ability and mentality. They are truly an 80 minute team with big game experience and the Premiership to prove they've got what it takes.

Saying that-

It just feels like this is Parra's time, simply because it looks so unlikely compared to any other time they've found themselves in this position (or close enough) during the last 36 years. Normally, a high-stakes game like this for Parra is typified by:

a) Losing from positions they shouldn't have lost from
b) Losing games they were hot favourites to win
c) Having a tangible weight of expectation to end the Premiership drought

Yet none of this is evident this time around. To make the decider they had to turn around an 8-point deficit against a red-hot Cowboys team at one of the toughest away venues in the NRL, with the humidity and Moses (not exactly known as a player who rises to such occasions) with some huge potential distractions from the previous week of his life to compartmentalise.

If Parra are leading Penrith in the GF and then get run down, it won't be considered a major deal because the Panthers have done it plenty of times before, even as recently as the weekend just gone. So there's no pressure on Parra to not choke. Panthers are the clear favourites and have been all season, so no pressure on Parra. Most people expect them to lose, so (in ironically similar fashion to the Knights in 2001) they can enjoy the week, enjoy the game and if they lose so what? They were always the underdogs. This also removes the spectre of c).

Then, to cap it all off is Brad Arthur. If ever there was a coach who was going to oversee Parramatta's Premiership drought ending, of course he would be bald. And you can't tell me there's no coincidence that Peter Sterling, who started on 9's commentary team in 1992 with those blonde locks, would hang up the mic 29 years later after sitting there and having to narrate countless Eels heartbreaks live and go bald in the process, only for his beloved club to reach glory the first year after he said enough is enough. Has Keith Barnes retiring in '68 then Balmain winning in '69 vibes to it.

It all just feels like the most typically Parramatta thing ever- which gives me this feeling that it's meant to be after all...
Def agree on the pressure. Whether we'll win depends on how perfect Parra plays on the night.

lucablight

First Grade
Not lately. After an embarrassing 27-8 loss a few weeks ago, do you think it's going to be any different on Sunday, especially after the way we dealt with a very good Souths side?
You’re not being very honest here. Parra were right in the game until Moses went off. You should know better than anyone that a loss in week one of the finals doesn’t mean the same thing is guaranteed in a grand final replay.

forby

Juniors
You’re not being very honest here. Parra were right in the game until Moses went off. You should know better than anyone that a loss in week one of the finals doesn’t mean the same thing is guaranteed in a grand final replay.
And neither are you. Penrith were in front 13-8 and deep in attack when he went off. Penrith were on top and getting stronger.

Sime_11

Juniors
NRL 360 have no idea - so much anti penrith stuff with trainers and tactics - dont they realise it's free motivation they are giving to the Panthers

unless the 360 boys all want Penrith to win :p

Iamback

Coach
NRL 360 have no idea - so much anti penrith stuff with trainers and tactics - dont they realise it's free motivation they are giving to the Panthers

unless the 360 boys all want Penrith to win :p

It is because a few of the players refuse to talk to DT, That show is just all agendas