What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

If I am reading correctly the piece in Tele today, Hunt has still not accepted the revised $1.8m offer. FFS man what do you want blood? You have been overpaid for five years, you have under achieved , you now have diminishing skills, reaching retirement age and still you want more.. you Scrooge.

Last edited:
I could be way wrong of course, but I'm sure that neither Sloan nor Sullivan have much love for Mr Hook.
Nail on the head DD. No doubt in my mind either. It is Hook's abrasive way he has with juniors. How the hell did he get the reputation as a good coach for bringing along young promising players. All he has done with our juniors is cause dissent and division.

Last edited:

Illusion

Bench
Maybe in time, when Sloan shows some form he can play on the wing. Swapping with Ramsey now & then. That way Sloan gets his chance at FB, and Ramsey gets a short rest. Might be a way to introduce both rookies.
This but super coach won't do it .....

denis preston

First Grade
How true. A measure of the man's greed is that he has already knocked back $750K plus a car. I expect he already has a four car garage at his south coast mansion, so probably told FO 'stuff that I dont need a car".
I would have thought that a car makes stuff all difference on these massive contracts unless he gets a new one each year ? What about accommodation ? I know for sure that the Dragons paid Widdorp's rent on his 4 bedroom house near the beach , so that's worth at least 45 - 50 k a year. Would it need to be cap declared ?

Just think this money, plays where he wants and is the Boards darling can't help team harmony unless Hunt himself has endeared himself to the playing group and is a true leader that they will follow.

Mojo

Bench
If I am reading correctly the piece in Tele today, Hunt has still not accepted the revised $1.8m offer. FFS man what do you want blood? You have been overpaid for five years, you have under achieved , you now have diminishing skills, reaching retirement age and still you want more.. you Scrooge.
Frankly, I'm at the point of really hoping he doesn't accept our offer and heads elsewhere.

Dea

Juniors
While Hunt had a great season for the Dragons he was pretty much a shoe in for best player because of what we have around him. Among wasn’t allowed to do anything until the last few games when he finally got some ball. Our 9 is bottom of the rung across the league and our No1 [Ramsey] is learning the role at the back. So for the few games we won, Hunt got all the Daily M points. However, this doesn’t automatically make him the best player for our team moving forward. Souths were reliant upon Reynolds but let him go with a young kid ready to step up [and he had a failure or two this season]. Unlike Reynolds, Hunt hasn’t been able to lead the team to the finals even for his $1m payment. I am unconvinced he is worth the payment and would be willing to let him go so we can bolster our forward pack.

Latest posts