What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GRAND FINAL: Parramatta v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD at Accor 2/10/22

JokerEel

Coach
Hopefully Russell in the mix somewhere there too...? Though we'll be a patched together backline again in 2023, and need someone with defensive chops to fill Ice's spot on that side.

Next year I would be on Russell and Sivo on the wings make them god damn train their speed and footwork.

We still need another centre Blake can go bye bye

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You think penrith dont do it? .... they are the experts. Its why they are miles ahead
But if that’s all you have you need to keep trying to do it when so does the other side, we got about 5 mins last night. Should we expect the other teams not run hard because that’s our thing???

strider

Post Whore
He goes on the market Nov 1 he would be a decent 14 we can't use JA as a bench hooker we need someone to come on in the 30th minute and up the tempo.
He isn't gonna join parra to be a #14 - he can be that at penrith - which he won't - he will be their #9 soon enough, there is no way they let him go - he is the reason they let Api go

JokerEel

Coach
Us parra fans got too far ahead of ourselves the last week - swept up in the emotion .... nothing wrong with that .... but reality is there was a reason 90% of people were tipping penrith and most were tipping them to win well - they are way ahead of every other team atm

To be honest they should not be. Our team is just not coached smart.

Our forwards running at their big guys while Thiers targeted smaller defence.

They chased hard on kicks and put pressure on Moses when he kicked. We jogged up after a kick and didn't pressure Cleary.

They dragged us back in tackles we let them dominate every run.

All that shit is coached during training.

strider

Post Whore
But if that’s all you have you need to keep trying to do it when so does the other side, we got about 5 mins last night. Should we expect the other teams not run hard because that’s our thing???
its not OUR thing .... you have just become fixated on it cos its a way of having a dig at BA .... it's all the good teams' thing - but penrith are f**kload better at it than others ..... they belted us early and got on top. They played out of their skins. No one would have beaten them.

Enamoured Eel

Juniors
I think we just ran out of steam early.

In the first 6 minutes of the game, Penrith did not make it into our half - every set we had, we made it into their half.

But they remained calm, and I think our intense start to the match (we were hitting like trucks in the first 10 minutes) took its toll.

And they're too good to not take advantage.

100%. They were shot at the speed of the game. I recall Lane on his haunches and Brown mouth breathing after ten. I was praying for interchanges at the 15 minute mark. It would have gone against the grain and hurt us at the back end, but it may not have been 18-0 at halftime.

Eelementary

Post Whore
To be honest they should not be. Our team is just not coached smart.

Our forwards running at their big guys while Thiers targeted smaller defence.

They chased hard on kicks and put pressure on Moses when he kicked. We jogged up after a kick and didn't pressure Cleary.

They dragged us back in tackles we let them dominate every run.

All that shit is coached during training.

Good points.

Did you also notice a few times that RCG was defending wide of the ruck?

A few times, he made a tackle on Martin, or Crichton...

Why was our best middle defender defending out wide?

No wonder they got a roll on...

JokerEel

Coach
He isn't gonna join parra to be a #14 - he can be that at penrith - which he won't - he will be their #9 soon enough, there is no way they let him go - he is the reason they let Api go

If he was the reason why they let API go he would be signed for 24.

JokerEel

Coach
Good points.

Did you also notice a few times that RCG was defending wide of the ruck?

A few times, he made a tackle on Martin, or Crichton...

Why was our best middle defender defending out wide?

No wonder they got a roll on...

Yep noticed that also. When RCG and Paulo where the first in tackles we dominated them but then they decided to change it up run at Reed and Brown.

strider

Post Whore
If he was the reason why they let API go he would be signed for 24.
we have no idea what his manager is up to ..... probably wants him to have a decent run in NRL and go ok and up his price. I don't think its ever as simple as, you are good heres a 4 year contract happy days

hindy111

Post Whore
Honestly JFH wasn't the best prop last night.

Moses Leota was the best player in the field and was robbed of the Clive Churchill medal.

He made 200+ and his defense rattled us with 32 bone jarring tackles.The vicous fish was in beast mode
Lepta was good. But 90 mtrs and 17 tackles is a low output

JokerEel

Coach
we have no idea what his manager is up to ..... probably wants him to have a decent run in NRL and go ok and up his price. I don't think its ever as simple as, you are good heres a 4 year contract happy days

Well like I said he is off contract next month he is also 26 so The Eels should make a play for him.
Panthers priority is To'o who also comes off contract next year