What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team 20 - Who? Adelaide or Queensland 5?

If it wasnt for Peter Cumins pumping money into the game here and John Sackson who is an excellent CEO making do with a pittance in funding, the game in WA would be just as screwed as SA.
NRL are incredibly negligent as stewards of the game. I don't know why they bothered to take over the State bodies just to then neglect them! Even NZRL gets a pittance of funding and support. If you're not NSWRL or QRL then forget it.
The QRL does nothing for Logan.

ATOWN2

Juniors
The NRLSA ISC Cup is struggling big time.

If the controversy that erupted after the Grand Final is any guide one could say the game is on life support down here.
Apparently the NRLSA have now cancelled the Spring 9s tournament that was scheduled to commence on 14 October. You wouldn't know it was cancelled though as there's no websites and no announcement on the NRLSA facebook page. It was left to the clubs to post on their own facebook pages that the tournament had been cancelled. Absolute shit show the way the organisation is run!!!

Perth Red

Post Whore
My dream 20th team but I think I have a better chance of replacing Joe Biden than the Falcons getting admitted. “The” Dolphins definitely made the Sunny Coast impossible, and a sign the ARLC thinks they’ve bought the Cost in the fold.
Again where a legit second division would work better than the current 2nd tier, but lets not go there again lol.

jim_57

Staff member
Completely depends on timeframe and who’s in charge at the time. That goes for 18 and 19 as well. FWIW I’d go WA, South Island NZ & Adelaide in that order. No particular reason we have to stop at 20 if SEQ4, Wellington, Auckland 2, PNG, CQ or wherever else present viable options after that.

jim_57

Staff member
What we should get
WC Pirates 2026 or '27
NZ2 + Adelaide 2035

What we'll probably get
WA Bears 2025
Brisbane3 2030
NZ2 2035

THE Bears (4 NSO, 2 Perth, 2 Central Coast, 4 NSW country).

Ipswichish Jets (2 Suncorp, 4 North Ipswich reserve, 4 Henson park, 2 Toowoomba).

Mt Albert Lions (8 Fowlds Park because sharing stadiums bad, 1 Hamilton, 1 Wellington, 1 Christchurch, 1 Brisbane).

Easy

MugaB

Coach
THE Bears (4 NSO, 2 Perth, 2 Central Coast, 4 NSW country).

Ipswichish Jets (2 Suncorp, 4 North Ipswich reserve, 4 Henson park, 2 Toowoomba).

Mt Albert Lions (8 Fowlds Park because sharing stadiums bad, 1 Hamilton, 1 Wellington, 1 Christchurch, 1 Brisbane).

Easy
Thats a great plan... got 2 much perth games tho

The WA Bears becoming a reality would be the last straw for me.

I'd honestly just give up on the NRL at that point.
I'll probably give up on the game as well if they bring the Bears back. Nothing against the Bears as they're just doing what's best for them and their fans, but it's not what's best for the game. If Manly lose their licence then it would be good to have the North Sydney Bears brought back to cover the North Shore and small clubs like the Sharks relocated to Adelaide, but that ain't happening.

docbrown

Coach
The WA Bears becoming a reality would be the last straw for me.

I'd honestly just give up on the NRL at that point.

Can I ask why? In my book one of the biggest impediments to Perth coming into the comp is the Sydney teams thinking their attendances will drop as Perth won't having any travelling fans. WA Bears is akin to the Swans moving to Sydney or the Lions to Brisbane. The WA Bears would have an instant NSW fan base.

That said there's no way a Perth side should give up home games to play in North Sydney. They should just schedule away matches against close teams in Sydney at Manly, Roosters and Tigers et al. Maybe other clubs playing their a travelling home game at Gosford could have the WA side as the away team too.

Does the Bears as brand mean anything to WA? Not really. But it's not like WA is swarming with Pirates either.

Colk

First Grade
Can I ask why? In my book one of the biggest impediments to Perth coming into the comp is the Sydney teams thinking their attendances will drop as Perth won't having any travelling fans. WA Bears is akin to the Swans moving to Sydney or the Lions to Brisbane. The WA Bears would have an instant NSW fan base.

That said there's no way a Perth side should give up home games to play in North Sydney. They should just schedule away matches against close teams in Sydney at Manly, Roosters and Tigers et al. Maybe other clubs playing their a travelling home game at Gosford could have the WA side as the away team too.

Does the Bears as brand mean anything to WA? Not really. But it's not like WA is swarming with Pirates either.

That’s the way it would be done logically and if it was done that way, I wouldn’t have a problem with it

The way it has been reported though and what the Bears are demanding is completely beyond the pale. You can’t have a team play home games in Sydney when they are a Perth side.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not to go over old ground but WA had Australia's only 'official' Pirate and a large region of northern WA is named after a crown sanctioned pirate. We've certainly had more Pirates than we've had Bears lol.

Not that the name is the issue. Ownership of the license is the key issue. If the main decider of bringing in a new club in WA is a few hundred die hards in Sydney boosting crowds there then it really will go down as the dumbest decision ever.

MugaB

Coach

Thats really no different than a cowboys games or Melbourne game, your always going to have home games that have far away or interstate drop offs, Perth would be no different in that regard... the siver lining is if the bears are based in perth, the attendances should rise for the away fans that used to follow them against a sydney team..

Also agree there should be absolutely no NSO games, but if it had to be 4 games, 2 trials at nso and 2 proper rounds at SFS, verses Manly and Parra, no souffs, no rorters, no dragons, those two teams should be close enough to travel to SFS to have the home ground advantage swing for the bears favour, as fir Perth 10 games minimum... hell it should 12

Perth Red

Post Whore
Far more concerned about license ownership than I am number of home games. That is where it will be make or break long term.

MugaB

Coach
Far more concerned about license ownership than I am number of home games. That is where it will be make or break long term.
Ok PR... i think you've mentioned it some hundred times...
It won't happen, but ok keep on keeping on

Main thing is that they become Perth only, none of this return to sydney garbáģe.. yes a few token nso matches, but like i said before trias are perfect for that shit

Latest posts