What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team 20 - Who? Adelaide or Queensland 5?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Over the last ten years afl had 2 billion more than us in revenue

yet ten years down the track they have nothing to show for it with the lowest crowds in 25 years and the lowest rating grand final ever

the nrl has seen the afls failure and should be careful about putting dots on a map and hoping they can survive
nothing to show for it except a $643mill a year media deal lol

MugaB

Coach
As far as team 20.. .
However, we need to be thinking bigger. Adelaide shouldn't be about instant success. It should be about planting a seed of a decades long plan. Which is what I think the AFL is doing with GWS by the way. It doesn't matter how successful or popular they are now. What's important is where they are at in 20 or 30 years.
Aka gold coast titans, so we are already doing that...

AdelaideSharky

Juniors
If Adelaide is dead and buried which I personally hope isn’t the case, I’d be more inclined to go NZ 3.
The NRLSA ISC Cup is struggling big time.

If the controversy that erupted after the Grand Final is any guide one could say the game is on life support down here.

Colk

First Grade
The NRLSA ISC Cup is struggling big time.

If the controversy that erupted after the Grand Final is any guide one could say the game is on life support down here.

Yeah I heard it is not going well. That’s obviously down to neglect which is a shame.

I think (maybe I’m an optimist) but investment comes with a plan. If the ARLC ever wanted a side down there, you can always plan for one and if there is interest there might be reciprocal interest - it is not like there wasn’t good support for the Rams when they were in the competition.

Nevertheless, it is much more likely that we will get Perth and another Brisbane and NZ side first (at least at this stage but you never know)

Perth Red

Post Whore
If it wasnt for Peter Cumins pumping money into the game here and John Sackson who is an excellent CEO making do with a pittance in funding, the game in WA would be just as screwed as SA.
NRL are incredibly negligent as stewards of the game. I don't know why they bothered to take over the State bodies just to then neglect them! Even NZRL gets a pittance of funding and support. If you're not NSWRL or QRL then forget it.

AdelaideSharky

Juniors
Yeah I heard it is not going well. That’s obviously down to neglect which is a shame.

I think (maybe I’m an optimist) but investment comes with a plan. If the ARLC ever wanted a side down there, you can always plan for one and if there is interest there might be reciprocal interest - it is not like there wasn’t good support for the Rams when they were in the competition.

Nevertheless, it is much more likely that we will get Perth and another Brisbane and NZ side first (at least at this stage but you never know)
Like I've said before in here the lack of a suitable size stadium makes it hard.

Unless Coopers Stadium gets upgraded to twice its current size, it makes having an NRL team here difficult.

Colk

First Grade
Like I've said before in here the lack of a suitable size stadium makes it hard.

Unless Coopers Stadium gets upgraded to twice its current size, it makes having an NRL team here difficult.

How big is Coopers Stadium? That’s the one that Adelaide United use right?

Perth Red

Post Whore
How big is Coopers Stadium? That’s the one that Adelaide United use right?
Doesnt look a bad little stadium but seems to be lacking corporate facilities and much cover from the weather. A new main stand would certianly help get it to 22k and decent corporates that any NRL stadium should have.

coopers-stadium-reds.jpg

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hmm would they need to knock it down and rebuild or would they be able to upgrade it. 25k would be ok
Looks pretty hemmed in by roads at one end. They could possibly bowl it at the other end to get capacity up but that wouldnt solve corporate issue

hindmarsh-stadium1.jpg

Colk

First Grade
Doesnt look a bad little stadium but seems to be lacking corporate facilities and much cover from the weather. A new main stand would certianly help get it to 22k and decent corporates that any NRL stadium should have.

View attachment 67085

It would need an upgrade but it is not the worst I have seen. It definitely needs more undercover seats. It looks no worse than a few Sydney grounds.

AdelaideSharky

Juniors
Hmm would they need to knock it down and rebuild or would they be able to upgrade it. 25k would be ok
Unless the government puts Manton St and Holden St underground it would be difficult.

They are currently doing an upgrade of the Eastern Grandstand for the women's football World Cup as we speak.

Attachments

• images (47).jpeg
    images (47).jpeg
    60.6 KB · Views: 2

Perth Red

Post Whore
It would need an upgrade but it is not the worst I have seen. It definitely needs more undercover seats. It looks no worse than a few Sydney grounds.
TBF we shouldnt be using those grounds a a measure, they are well outdated and not fit for purpose. I wouldn't say Coopers is either. If Adleiade where to get a license it should be provisional on a State Govt upgarde of the stadium.

HBF Park is borderline and I would hope the NRL would be lobbying for next phase of upgrade as part of any license discussions they are having with State Govt.

Colk

First Grade
Unless the government puts Manton St and Holden St underground it would be difficult.

They are currently doing an upgrade of the Eastern Grandstand for the women's football World Cup as we speak.

Actually I think I heard about that. At least it is a start

Latest posts