What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 RL & RLW World Cup

oldmancraigy

Coach
Waqa Blake missed out on Fiji squad.

Is he Injured or has a Fiji reliased what a liability he can be and left him out.

They had a training and were kicking some bombs around for fun
"What the heck is Waqa doing??"

So they simulated rucking it out from your own end
"Why does he keep dropping it? And why on earth can he not even play the ball without fumbling it?"

the phantom menace

First Grade
Just realised that in Australia all of the RLWC are only available on f**ktel/Kayo - none on fre-to-air...

The UK (as you'd expect as hosts) get to see all games live on free to air.
Papua New Guinea even get to see every single match live on free-to-air.
New Zealand get to see their mens and womens matches on free-to-air.
France get to see their games (mens, womens and wheelchair) on free-to-air, along with the finals - France!

Yet in Australia, arguably the dominant country driving rugby league as a professional sport, we've signed our souls away and bent over to the highest bidder - thus limiting valuable exposure of our teams (mens, womens and wheelchair) to exclude those in the general population that don't or can't pay per view...

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Just realised that in Australia all of the RLWC are only available on f**ktel/Kayo - none on fre-to-air...

France get to see their games (mens, womens and wheelchair) on free-to-air, along with the finals - France!

Yet in Australia, arguably the dominant country driving rugby league as a professional sport, we've signed our souls away and bent over to the highest bidder - thus limiting valuable exposure of our teams (mens, womens and wheelchair) to exclude those in the general population that don't or can't pay per view...
Just buy Kayo you cheap bastard...

King-Gutho94

Coach

Well the last 2 World Cups have been on channel 7 and they shunted most of the games onto 7mate with pretty limited coverage as at the time Foxtel box didn't have access to that channel.

The 2013 World Cup Final wasn't even on the main channel 7 which was a joke tbh.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Numbering system shouldn't be f**ked with. I dont see any benefits.
I'm fine with players having their number which stays consistent for the tournament - but at least number them 1-17 for your (expected) first choice team/bench and, then 18-24 for your extended squad players who might get a run in the minor games.

Chipmunk

Coach
Mitch is in debt with his partner over missing the birth.

I think Mitch will miss out on a lot of things for a little while.
I'd say his salary compensates for everything.

I suspect if she was given the choice of her partner being at the birth of all of her children and earning $100k, or being at none of their births and earning $1m, that we know which option she will always take.

Gronk

Staff member
I'd say his salary compensates for everything.

I suspect if she was given the choice of her partner being at the birth of all of her children and earning $100k, or being at none of their births and earning $1m, that we know which option she will always take.
OMG you are so cynical.

1665365825067.png

1665365863796.png

Clipboard02.jpg

1665366155540.png

Has anyone noticed that Australia has not played a warm up game. Dead set you'd have figured that the IRL would've known that the last Kangaroo international was three years ago.. so a a warm up or two was a major priority.

Gronk

Staff member
Has anyone noticed that Australia has not played a warm up game. Dead set you'd have figured that the IRL would've known that the last Kangaroo international was three years ago.. so a a warm up or two was a major priority.
I reckon playing Fiji will shake off the rust.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
they just finished the NRL season, probably need a rest prior tot the WC