What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelogical

Referee
1. Gutho
2. Sivo
3. Penisini
6. Brown
7. Moses
8. Paulo
9. Hodgson
10. RCG
12. Lane

15. Matto

No other sure things IMHO.
Our bench is going to look even more depleted when Matto is faced with another suspension/fine scenario in the future. Considering he's taken a stand to not pay the fine this time we can expect him to sit in the stands next time he's a naughty boy on the field.

TheCrowe

Juniors
1. Gutho
2. Sivo
3. Penisini
6. Brown
7. Moses
8. Paulo
9. Hodgson
10. RCG
12. Lane

15. Matto

No other sure things IMHO.
With Matto gone for 4 and NBrown status unknown, after watching new guys game time I'd speculate Murchie has inside running for 2nd row spot and can fill in a centre in an emergency.
We will need a dh backup which could be Rein, Hands,Asi, Yates.
Hopgood at lock.
Jirah can play middle and edge and may be a suprise packet. Doorey may make a good modern middle.
If Ogden and Greig have a big off season they might give some short impact minutes and Rodwell will be in contention.

TheCrowe

Juniors
If Doorey plays first grade I'd be surprised if it was anywhere other than edge forward. He's never started in the middle, either in first grade or reserve grade. He might've played middle off the bench though.
He is an edge but necessity may force a transformation. If our edges are not injured and can play 80mins then his best chance of a bench slot may be as a middle. Just speculation. Thats all we have for now

Eelementary

Post Whore
We know that BA does not tell Jounos anything, so Caryannis literally put our squad into a random number generator to come up with that team. I know this because in the Telecrap podcast released on Thursday, he Rothfield and Mobbs had no idea about what our 2023 squad looked like, had no real handle who we lost and signed.

He's listed Moimoiseah in the back-row... He's a prop.

Gronk

Staff member
Our bench is going to look even more depleted when Matto is faced with another suspension/fine scenario in the future. Considering he's taken a stand to not pay the fine this time we can expect him to sit in the stands next time he's a naughty boy on the field.
Buzz said in Thursday’s podcast that he spoke to the club about the decision to to sit out rather than pay the fine. He reckons that if Matto had his time again he woukd have made a different decision, but the system demands a quick decision and he was pissed off at the time.

Eelogical

Referee
Buzz said in Thursday’s podcast that he spoke to the club about the decision to to sit out rather than pay the fine. He reckons that if Matto had his time again he woukd have made a different decision, but the system demands a quick decision and he was pissed off at the time.
Too bad for Matto. These players have minders, advisors and managers. He's dug himself a hole. I'm not saying he's right or wrong. What I'm saying is that he'll now have to sit out future games based on principle and his decision to be a trail blazer when it comes to fines and suspension issues. After all, he would stupid if he copped a fine in the future over his decision to sit games out now.

Incorrect

Coach
Matterson simply showed the world he's as dumb as f**k... no wonder if he had his time again he'd make a different decision!
Amazing... We've got a select few blokes on this forum who spend their waking hours lambasting Rothfield and telling us all 8 days out of 7 how he's full of shit and clueless and speculative at best... But then when Buzz says something, again speculative, that explains/excuses shit decisions by our club and or players, he's cited as a reliable source.... FMD....

Avenger

Immortal
Too bad for Matto. These players have minders, advisors and managers. He's dug himself a hole. I'm not saying he's right or wrong. What I'm saying is that he'll now have to sit out future games based on principle and his decision to be a trail blazer when it comes to fines and suspension issues. After all, he would stupid if he copped a fine in the future over his decision to sit games out now.
He’s a f**king disgrace, selfish and a massive tight arse. I’d be asking him if the Dolphins would still take him. I’d gladly pay for his flight. Can’t cop him.

Eelogical

Referee
Matterson simply showed the world he's as dumb as f**k... no wonder if he had his time again he'd make a different decision!
I admire his stance on the issue, he's trying to make a point. But he'll now have to stand by that for the rest of his career to avoid being a flip-flopper.

Gronk

Staff member
Amazing... We've got a select few blokes on this forum who spend their waking hours lambasting Rothfield and telling us all 8 days out of 7 how he's full of shit and clueless and speculative at best... But then when Buzz says something, again speculative, that explains/excuses shit decisions by our club and or players, he's cited as a reliable source.... FMD....
36C44D8B-85E9-415A-95B7-751AE645BBEF.jpeg

Latest posts