What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
He's been trialled in the edges, and wasn't too good.

He is high involvement, which is conducive to playing in the middle.

I think it's like Matterson. He's okay-good on the edge but his style in the middle is perfect. Can't wait to see what the 2 of them can do with the short passes around the ruck to Jnr and Reg. Junior's try vs Canberra was a perfect set-up the tackle before and then execution for the try.

Incorrect

Coach
Yeah tbh when ever I'm watching a game and the boys run out in the white I instantly get down. Remember those white and yellow stripped ones from I think it was 2013. I don't think we won a single game in that outfit.
To be fair, did we win a game in any colour jersey in 2013??!!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
resources..... it really is the best way to explain everything wrong this club ahahah
It’s not about right or wrong but about general competitiveness. Particularly in the areas of hiring and retaining the best people. In the case of getting the best people you can’t buy with money (e.g. elected officials or wealthy fans willing to provide TPAs) they should also be considered resources. Other non-monetary resources are geographic location, a large supporter base, and access to public infrastructure.

The Eels are fairly well resourced in those latter two areas, but not in any of the others.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think it's like Matterson. He's okay-good on the edge but his style in the middle is perfect. Can't wait to see what the 2 of them can do with the short passes around the ruck to Jnr and Reg. Junior's try vs Canberra was a perfect set-up the tackle before and then execution for the try.

Absolutely.

It will be interesting to see how we go - both Hopgood, and Matterson, are too good in the middle to not play there.

But I think Matterson can play well on the edge, and his elite defence will be a huge plus out there.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Absolutely.

It will be interesting to see how we go - both Hopgood, and Matterson, are too good in the middle to not play there.

But I think Matterson can play well on the edge, and his elite defence will be a huge plus out there.

He is pretty versatile, I reckon he was forced to play middle last season cuz Brown gut nuked, I like him under Mitch's high balls on the edge

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah tbh when ever I'm watching a game and the boys run out in the white I instantly get down.

Very superstitious,
Writing's on the wall,
Very superstitious,
Ladders bout' to fall,
Thirteen month old baby,
Broke the lookin' glass
Seven years of bad luck,
The good things in your past
When you believe in things
That you don't understand,
Then you suffer,
Superstition aint the way

The numbers Matto was putting up last year I just don't see how you could move him back. Reg, Junior, Hopgood, Matterson is a great middle rotation.
I feel as we haven’t seen anywhere near the best of Matterson yet. He can be so much better. Don’t know if it’s the coaching but he’s a lot more to offer as a play maker. Feel as though he’s been coached to be a battering ram at Parra. He’s the closest thing we’ve had since Jason Smith with his skill set and he’s been under utilised.