What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Salary Cap/CBA -2023 - 2027

Any fair minded person can see why the hold up is there, Insurance companies, Lawyers would be doing their things behind the scenes
Oh I know,
a lot of people just keep blaming the NRL for holding it up. In fact I would daresay that the RLPA are using the media to even suggest this..

Wb1234

Referee
I think it’s time this was brought to an end. The NRL cannot afford a strike and neither can the players. Just get on with it.
Nah the arlc should stand up to the players

a strong governing body is important for the game

they are trying to take more than their fair share and that will hold back other areas of the game

they are not qualified to have a say on the running of the game

Pneuma

First Grade
Nah the arlc should stand up to the players

a strong governing body is important for the game

they are trying to take more than their fair share and that will hold back other areas of the game

they are not qualified to have a say on the running of the game
Nothing beats a footballer on a salary most of us could only dream of trying to play the pity game.

Nothing beats a footballer on a salary most of us could only dream of trying to play the pity game.
They would have been directed to behave this way by their leader, Newton.

I sincerely hope that Newton has also sat them down and said
"Guys what we are trying to achieve here is going to get Insurance companies do something that they never have done, and do not do for anyone else in the community. Having injuries that could have been caused by our work, but haven't surfaced for years later, is not something anyone in the world is covered for. It is not the NRL we are fighting for this, it is Insurance Companies and lawyers"

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Simple. If you play NRL for 2 years you get 2 years post NRL covered for ongoing costs of injuries incidents in the NRL.

If you play for 15 you get 15 years post covered.

And to Joe, there is a fund that will help your quality of life post football. Its called private health insurance.

Wb1234

Referee
Lets say it was extended to say 3 years, How many players can take time off their work 2 years after they stopped playing to get the surgery needed?

There are so many layers to this type of thing
Players should pay for all of this themselves

The way they did this is so sneaky

they negotiate a large cash grab then threaten strikes on the eve of the Season to get even more money

Simple. If you play NRL for 2 years you get 2 years post NRL covered for ongoing costs of injuries incidents in the NRL.

If you play for 15 you get 15 years post covered.

And to Joe, there is a fund that will help your quality of life post football. Its called private health insurance.
Don't forget, the players are arguing about having to pay their own Private Health Insurance now. It means their pay rises aren't as much as they thought they would be

Iamback

Coach
Players should pay for all of this themselves

The way they did this is so sneaky

they negotiate a large cash grab then threaten strikes on the eve of the Season to get even more money

As I said before Players should get x%. Split that how they want. Have them deal with every ex player wanting a shoulder or knee repair fixed

siv

First Grade
Correct.
But if they are going to start covering NRL players for future injuries, what's to say that anyone playing the sport, no matter what level, will now expect that they too be covered by their clubs?
You get where I am headed with this..
A issue that will be deflected to the ARLC

As the NRL will suddenly only focus on being the elite competition when it suits them or when legal eagles come looking

Iamback

Coach
Joe Galuvao - retired in 2013
Beau Ryan - retired in 2014

Are both being added to the push but are in fact doing the opposite and are proving why it can't be unlimited

From the tweet posted above I read from this one. A lot of people saying exactly what a few of us here have been saying.
The players are extracting little sympathy.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So any player who steps into a boxing ring, or maybe other self defence manual art etc, will be forfeiting their right for any compensation from the NRL?
yep, if an ex NRL player takes up a sport with a high concussion rate then it would invalidate their long term insurance. That would seem how an insurance comnpany would dela with it.

Or

The NRl gives the RLPA X$millions each year and they set aside a sinking fund and any player in future who develops CTE dementia gets a $50k (or whatever amount is affordable) payment to help them and their families. We arent talking huge numbers of players at end of day.

Latest posts