What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Jono078

Referee
It's ok guys, we'll get Bradbury back in several years when his body is banged up and pay a premium for him.

Sound familiar? This is Kade Snowden all over again.

He was an under 19s NSW player and looked damn good at his craft for his age. Sure he may eventuate to nothing but when weighing it all up we get Lachlan Miller on a 3-year contract in hopes he does something good this year and then who knows what his next 2 years look like.

Then there is Bradbury who may not even play first grade this year but looks to have it all going for him to have a shot at being a long-time NRL player. He may cap out at Dan Tolar levels in the NRL, I don't know. I do know I don't like this deal though.

I know stuff bugger all about this situation, but I do know that Bradbury would have been the one to have agreed to it.
You guys should know that Mooney is one of the shrewdest operators out there.
Fitzy did not want to lose Miller, bloody hell he was the one who brought him over from 7's and was about to move to LA.
Maybe they had Bradbury in their sights before this Miller escapade even started. They just used it to their advantage as best as they could.
Bradbury/manager/parents may have thought it could be better for his career at this stage to get coached by Fitz moreso than AOB?
Who knows

Last edited:
We have a pretty young front row rotation now that Klem has gone. DSaf, JSaf, Croker Hetherington and Thompson have many years left and a young fella might see limited opportunities at Newcastle. What we need is more experienced props

However, until a deal is done there is no reason to go off the deep end

Oh wait, it's the Knights forum

Last edited:

coolumsharkie

Referee
Miller would walk into a few teams starting lineup, tbh. He's an excitement machine yet untested in the week to week grind of the NRL. If that turns out, I think you will get good value out of him otherwise. You guys need some x factor around/ besides Ponga.

ryan.a87

Juniors
Just odd we are so desperate to sign miller when we have Pryce coming next year presumably to play fullback (even though he has said he wants to play in the halves)

I get we need a flb this year, but we arnt going to win the comp, so why not give Hodgson a proper run at it

perverse

Referee
Just odd we are so desperate to sign miller when we have Pryce coming next year presumably to play fullback (even though he has said he wants to play in the halves)

I get we need a flb this year, but we arnt going to win the comp, so why not give Hodgson a proper run at it
Because people's jobs and careers are on the line.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I think people are missing the fact that we need to have a couple of fullbacks on the books. It's all good to say "let's not sign Miller and give Hodgson first crack" but if we did that and Hodgson gets injured again (not unlikely) then we're probably moving KP back there again, and if the coaching staff are serious about this 5/8 experiment then I don't want KP being the first guy they turn to when our regular FB gets injured. Ultimately for this to work long term we need KP spending all season at 5/8 and really honing his craft there rather than being switched back to FB every few weeks when we have an injury.

I haven't seen Miller play but he got to play some first grade last year and from all accounts he's a goer so I think we've done pretty well to get him especially given it's fairly late notice.

Obviously people aren't happy to give up a promising junior to get him but we're not in the strongest bargaining position and them's the breaks. At least prop forward is an area where it's easier to plug a hole especially if you need to get someone at minimal cost, whereas it's tough getting a decent NRL quality player to fill a spine position especially when it's last minute. At least this guy has played some first grade and has some strengths which will complement our side and Sharks fans are saying good things about him which is a plus, given it's usually the fans who are most critical of a player.

Maybe because the guy has been in Newie for 3 years and has played no first grade and only slightly more reserve grade all because hes been constantly injured

Thats the guy we should be starting in rd1?

Ok

PhilGould

Bench
Newcastle’s English winger Dominic Young is in talks with the Canterbury Bulldogs as Phil Gould continues his multimillion-dollar buying spree.

News Corp can reveal the 21-year-old winger toured the Bulldogs’ Belmore headquarters on Friday afternoon with Gould and coach Cameron Ciraldo.

Rated among the top half dozen wingers in the game, Young is off contract at the Knights at the end of this season.

He has also had talks with the South Sydney Rabbitohs, who have out their assistant coach and fellow Englishman Sam Burgess on the case.

Ciraldo is pleased with his talent in the Bulldogs’ outside backs but is always looking to strengthen the team. Gould has a huge opinion of the youngster from West Yorkshire.

Young scored 14 tries in 20 games for Newcastle this year.

He also scored nine tries in five games at the World Cup.

News Corp understands Young is keen to move to Sydney but the Knights are fighting desperately hard to sign him on a long-term deal.

They have two other English players arriving next year - Will Pryce and Kai Pearce-Paul who will add plenty of strike power at a club that struggled last year – and probably help their chances of keeping Young.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Newcastle’s English winger Dominic Young is in talks with the Canterbury Bulldogs as Phil Gould continues his multimillion-dollar buying spree.

News Corp can reveal the 21-year-old winger toured the Bulldogs’ Belmore headquarters on Friday afternoon with Gould and coach Cameron Ciraldo.

Rated among the top half dozen wingers in the game, Young is off contract at the Knights at the end of this season.

He has also had talks with the South Sydney Rabbitohs, who have out their assistant coach and fellow Englishman Sam Burgess on the case.

Ciraldo is pleased with his talent in the Bulldogs’ outside backs but is always looking to strengthen the team. Gould has a huge opinion of the youngster from West Yorkshire.

Young scored 14 tries in 20 games for Newcastle this year.

He also scored nine tries in five games at the World Cup.

News Corp understands Young is keen to move to Sydney but the Knights are fighting desperately hard to sign him on a long-term deal.

They have two other English players arriving next year - Will Pryce and Kai Pearce-Paul who will add plenty of strike power at a club that struggled last year – and probably help their chances of keeping Young.

If his preference is to move to Sydney then I don’t see how we can keep him tbh. He’s going to attract plenty of interest from Sydney clubs, if that little part of the article is true then the only way I can see us holding onto him is by throwing crazy money around which we all know from recent history isn’t a good way to do business.

I just hope that Buzz made that part up and Dom can still be convinced to stay. We desperately need players of his quality on the roster.

Jono078

Referee
The Bulldogs would be an exciting team to join. New coach, Gus on board. They're splashing money to get who they want and look to be on the up.

Us on the other hand are uncertain of who our head coach is past round 6 this year.

And like I've mentioned before, regardless of what we all think of Newcastle vs Sydney as places to be, all anyone else around the world knows is Sydney.

It's like if I were to travel to England - London is the first spot I want to be, not some smaller town 2 hours away. So I understand why Dom would want to go there.

It's a big hit to our club to lose a young talent like that so early in their career with their best days ahead of them.