What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Phil Gould

Juniors
It would be interesting to see Moses and Brooks play together again but only as an experiment and the money they’re asking is double what they’re worth.

WA Tiger

Bench
…and what if Brooks plays well this year?
Moses is not a huge upgrade talent wise, just on the balance sheet.
Do you’d really believe that … Brooks will last 3 weeks max and be replaced by Laurie ..Regardless of how much extra space the forwards create, he will still be under enough pressure to blow the in goal kick, or blow the pass when it’s needed, contributing to a loss… At least with the kick he is choosing the right option, but with the pass he has never had any idea…Even sheens said he doesn’t know if Benji and Robbie can fix him.. and they are currently trying to get him to show and go, after how many years..

Last edited:
Sheens: “stopped short of declaring they would be the pair to finally unlock his full potential”
“He can run and have that show-and-go, which Benji and I are on to him about that, and he’s happy to do that.”

Agree.

He’s got all the “show and go” of a frightened crab.

I think he will be replaced by Daine in round 3.

It’s takes him 4 to 5 rounds to warm up anyway.

Then a swap with shibasaki.

Fordy20

Juniors
Sheens: “He might be on a plane in a week, he might be on a plane in a month,” the coach said of the English back-rower [John Bateman].

“At this stage I’m not hassled about it. We have the back row covered, and if he’s here, he’s here. He’s got a four-year deal, so I’m not worried [if he misses] the first four weeks.”
Of course you don’t give a shit, Tim. You’ll be gone halfway through Bateman’s contract so when he is under performing and being a disruptive influence on the playing group and in social media, it won’t be your problem. Also, if we’re covered for backrow, why bother signing him in the first place?

Of course you don’t give a shit, Tim. You’ll be gone halfway through Bateman’s contract so when he is under performing and being a disruptive influence on the playing group and in social media, it won’t be your problem. Also, if we’re covered for backrow, why bother signing him in the first place

That nobody took into account his visa requirements beggars belief.

stryker

First Grade
Do you’d really believe that … Brooks will last 3 weeks max and be replaced by Laurie ..Regardless of how much extra space the forwards create, he will still be under enough pressure to blow the in goal kick, or blow the pass when it’s needed, contributing to a loss… At least with the kick he is choosing the right option, but with the pass he has never had any idea…Even sheens said he doesn’t know if Benji and Robbie can fix him.. and they are currently trying to get him to show and go, after how many years..
Well…if Brooks doesn’t work, we’ll get the spoon again. Even with our new recruits. We have to believe. I say this because we do not have another real choice at halfback.
They must unlock him somehow.

Reactions: 851

WA Tiger

Bench
With His Royal Mitchyness.

Ex footy work mate says where Mitch equals 100, Brooks equals 10.

His comments on the negotiations were that
offers of the reasonable overs must be made, he was thinking the $1.1m at the minimum up to $1.4m.
Moses wont turn down $1.4m and we will pay it. He prob won’t even care about missing a premiership for that $$

Last edited:
Moses wont turn down $1.4m and we will pay it.
I’m more than happy with 1.3 on a clean, quick basis.

I appreciate there is a reluctance to meet the market, but after three rounds of Brooks, it will seem like a bargain.

I love the crocodile tears from Tim about Brooks when we are dipping deep into the war chest and making every effort known to league to replace him.

With all this Mitch circus, Brooks will know he’s on the outer and that will screw with his already sensitive emotions.

Hes extremely wealthy, happy and can walk, he will be fine.

I call upon @macnaz to start removing any pro-brooks posts. It’s endangering the forum. It’s people abusing freedom of expression to push their ideological clap trap!

Last edited:

Phil Gould

Juniors
Of course you don’t give a shit, Tim. You’ll be gone halfway through Bateman’s contract so when he is under performing and being a disruptive influence on the playing group and in social media, it won’t be your problem. Also, if we’re covered for backrow, why bother signing him in the first place?
Yeah Bateman is a gamble, hope he works out but I have a feeling he’s going to be more trouble than he’s worth. He’s a bit of a loose unit but I suppose there’s plenty of depth if he doesn’t perform, the length and price of his contract seemed a bit large and long for a dice roll.

Tigerm

First Grade
I’m surprised the Moses thing hasn’t been sorted out already, the season starts soon, everyone needs to know what’s going on?

Reactions: 851

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Yeah Bateman is a gamble, hope he works out but I have a feeling he’s going to be more trouble than he’s worth. He’s a bit of a loose unit but I suppose there’s plenty of depth if he doesn’t perform, the length and price of his contract seemed a bit large and long for a dice roll.
Nah, don't reckon

stryker

First Grade
I’m more than happy with 1.3 on a clean, quick basis.

I appreciate there is a reluctance to meet the market, but after three rounds of Brooks, it will seem like a bargain.

I love the crocodile tears from Tim about Brooks when we are dipping deep into the war chest and making every effort known to league to replace him.

With all this Mitch circus, Brooks will know he’s on the outer and that will screw with his already sensitive emotions.

Hes extremely wealthy, happy and can walk, he will be fine.

I call upon @macnaz to start removing any pro-brooks posts. It’s endangering the forum. It’s people abusing freedom of expression to push their ideological clap trap!
You realise if we do sign the tanker, he ain’t coming this year yeah?