What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Wb1234

Referee
If there is juniors just falling off the trees now, isn't it incumbent on the NRL clubs (Inc the Warriors) to do something about it right now?
What do you want them to do ? Field two nrl teams

a quarter of current nrl players being kiwi isn’t enough for you ?

Pippen94

First Grade
Sadly the best stadiums for RL in NZ are in cities too small to sustain an NRL club. The only city that has any realistic chance of being sustainable doesnt have a suitable stadium (size, oval and given we want to give them all friday night games and its not able to be used for that very often).

Sadly the best stadiums for RL in NZ are in cities too small to sustain an NRL club. The only city that has any realistic chance of being sustainable doesnt have a suitable stadium (size, oval and given we want to give them all friday night games and its not able to be used for that very often).

Greater Wellington has population over 500k. In range of Canberra, Newcastle, Gold Coast

Pippen94

First Grade
Another one was Sammy burgess

guy can’t kick has bad hands and no step but managed to play centre in a rugby union World Cup after six months of playing that sport

He wasn't as good but probably didn't get fair go. Would've thought he'd have been a natural breakway instead of centre

Te Kaha

First Grade

guy can’t kick has bad hands and no step but managed to play centre in a rugby union World Cup after six months of playing that sport

And was single handedly responsible for them losing the world cup. Such a great player... not.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Greater Wellington has population over 500k. In range of Canberra, Newcastle, Gold Coast

Because the stadium can only have the lights on for 3 or 4 times a year. Broadcasters will hate that,

Why are the nut jobs on this thread talking about a team based in one city only.

where have they been for 96 pages lol

Because a team based in multiple cities doesn't work, has never worked and will never work. Anyone with more than half a brain knows this. That you don't says everything.

Wb1234

Referee
Anyone wanna tell numb nuts there’s a super rugby team in nz which has played on multiple grounds

I mean I’m not supposed to be the expert on nz super rugby lmao

Te Kaha

First Grade
Anyone wanna tell numb nuts there’s a super rugby team in nz which has played on multiple grounds

I mean I’m not supposed to be the expert on nz super rugby lmao

Hey dumbarse, playing one game a year and\or a preseason game at another stadium is nothing like you are suggesting. You are getting thicker with every post.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Chiefs lmao

imagine not knowing this

anyway in the interests of clarity

This proposal is Wellington based

so it will indeed be looking at the grounds i mentioned

Like i said stupid. Nothing like you suggested, especially when those grounds are in short driving distance, not across a whole country.

And Andrew Chalmers? Really. You are basing your hopes on that con man??? a bid with no money and no stadium solutions. Of course you would back him..

Perth Red

Post Whore
Errr thats my point! Wellington is the only viable sized city and doesnt have a great stadium option. The other cities that do have decent stadiums are really not viable for fanbase and corporate support point of view.

multi city club idea is dumb as. Hasn’t worked for tigers or dragons and they aren’t playing in cities large distances apart. In fact I’m struggling to think on a club anywhere in the world that has been succesful in basing itself in three or more cities large distances apart?

chalmers leading a nz bid is nearly as comical as Elias leading a perth bid lol

Last edited:

Matua

Bench

Burgess, unlike SBW, was shit. There's no way he'd have been selected on merit if he hadn't come across as a big signing from league.

Pippen94

First Grade
Because the stadium can only have the lights on for 3 or 4 times a year. Broadcasters will hate that,

Because a team based in multiple cities doesn't work, has never worked and will never work. Anyone with more than half a brain knows this. That you don't says everything.

There's lots of teams in lots of leagues that take games to other locations. Afl & NRL full of these teams too.

Wb1234

Referee
Burgess, unlike SBW, was shit. There's no way he'd have been selected on merit if he hadn't come across as a big signing from league.
Six months right into a World Cup and he played ok

and league fans mock his skills in league yet he played at centre in a union World Cup

Matua

Bench
Six months right into a World Cup and he played ok

and league fans mock his skills in league yet he played at centre in a union World Cup
No he didn't, there's good converts to discuss, you don't need to pretend he was.

Perth Red

Post Whore
There's lots of teams in lots of leagues that take games to other locations. Afl & NRL full of these teams too.
There’s a massive difference between taking a game to somewhere else and setting up as a permanent multi city club! How can you not understand that?
What people are advoacting isn’t a Wellington team taking one game to Christchurch a year, it’s a non descript club taking multiple games to multiple cities, it’s a stupid stupid idea lol

Pippen94

First Grade
There’s a massive difference between taking a game to somewhere else and setting up as a permanent multi city club! How can you not understand that?
What people are advoacting isn’t a Wellington team taking one game to Christchurch a year, it’s a non descript club taking multiple games to multiple cities, it’s a stupid stupid idea lol

Says the guy who claims Perth team will represent all of wa

Perth Red

Post Whore
Says the guy who claims Perth team will represent all of wa
I’m not suggesting we play 3 games in perth, 3 in mandurah, 3 in Carnarvon and 3 in Albany!
not to mention people identify as being from WA, does anyone in nz identify as being from “southern”? Good effort though lol.

Pippen94

First Grade
I’m not suggesting we play 3 games in perth, 3 in mandurah, 3 in Carnarvon and 3 in Albany!
not to mention people identify as being from WA, does anyone in nz identify as being from “southern”? Good effort though lol.

Probably identify as being from south island. Ppl who think other places & countries don't have own internal rivalries make me laugh. Russians love there family too

Latest posts