What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons v Broncos Rd 3 2023

BLM01

First Grade
Can't believe the bunker didn't have a better look at that. It looked in the air and they couldnt confirm it quick enough
I thought there was an offside from the 2nd try of the reynolds kick when Staggs scored. never got to see that again either. Could of been wrong
But Tyrell needs to show more gusto in cleaning up / picking up the ball when in the vicinity. Needs to put more his body on the line in those situations and show the desire to beat whoever else is there

bathtime

Juniors
I thought there was an offside from the 2nd try of the reynolds kick when Staggs scored. never got to see that again either. Could of been wrong
But Tyrell needs to show more gusto in cleaning up / picking up the ball when in the vicinity. Needs to put more his body on the line in those situations and show the desire to beat whoever else is there
Tyrell showed plenty of gusto in defence and attack. if the last 10 had gone differently he should have got MOM but Reynolds too good tonight.
This is a much better team than I thought we'd have a couple of weeks ago

RedVDave

First Grade
No. We shot ourselves in the foot in the 2nd half with no ball to start and finish and tried to many big plays at the wrong time
We deserved to lose in the end but at 18 all with 10 to go we did well to hang on and forwards will still denting the line. Our defense just faded in the last 10
The ref..yeh we did not get much in terms of penalties etc but the only one I thought was dicey was the Hunt shoulder charge. The player ran into him and he was standing. He did not drop his shoulder into him.
No we were completely outplayed and outclassed Brisbane came out in the second half & lifted Reynolds in particular stood up and kept us guessing with his kicking game while our boys dropped their heads and conceded defeat before the final siren when his team needed him he stood up and steered the ship as a halfback should do while Ben Hunt did his absolute best invisible man impersonation nothing has changed with us dumb plays, incredibly dumb penalties, super soft tries again we conceded 32 points in the second half our attack may have improved slightly but our defence is even worse what I saw tonight gave me no encouragement.

Mitty266

Juniors
I had a feeling that we would lose this one by a margin of about 2 to 6 points, but I really thought that those awful second half capitulations were behind us...
We need to either play Liddell for 80 minutes or bring back Amone at 6, Bud & Hunt to share the half-back role and Hunt & Liddell to both spend time at dummy half. Mbye just should not be anywhere near the first 17.
Between the refereeing and the bogan Brisbane supporters and the F*x commentary I already had the $hit$, but that's nothing compared to the way I feel about the mumbling, clueless, rank amateur in the coaching box. I don't even care who we replace him with - who could be worse? (Aside from Mary, Barrett or Madge)
FFS - just fkn get him out of our club!
Been working my way back from page 14 looking for a summary like this as I missed the entire game and had to watch a highlights package. Had a gut feeling this was the case!…

Oh how delightful to be able to listen to the band wagoning fraudulent fans yet again in Brisbane come Monday morning.

At least we have stuck through thick and thin with this lot!

Last edited:

steerlerbab

Juniors
Been working my way back from page 14 looking for a summary like this as I missed the entire game and had to watch a highlights package. Had a gut feeling this was the case!…

Oh how delightful to be able to listen to the band wagoning fraudulent fans yet again in Brisbane come Monday morning.

At least we have stuck through thick and thin with this lot!
Broncos won the game in the last 10 minutes (4 tries starting @ 70th minute). Up to that moment saints were matching Broncos. It shows our team is not conditioned for full 80 minutes yet.

hewi

Bench
Broncos won the game in the last 10 minutes (4 tries starting @ 70th minute). Up to that moment saints were matching Broncos. It shows our team is not conditioned for full 80 minutes yet.

They were gassed because they kept giving the donkeys the ball. From the moment just before half time that Hunt gave them the ball and Reynolds kicked the two point field goal they lost the plot. Even at 18 all every play they were going for the miracle ball instead of building pressure. Six agains, penalties, drop balls lead to defend ,defend , defend. The donkeys are good no two ways about it but when you gift them the ball and it’s stinking hot and humid it’s no surprise what happened.

steerlerbab

Juniors
They were gassed because they kept giving the donkeys the ball. From the moment just before half time that Hunt gave them the ball and Reynolds kicked the two point field goal they lost the plot. Even at 18 all every play they were going for the miracle ball instead of building pressure. Six agains, penalties, drop balls lead to defend ,defend , defend. The donkeys are good no two ways about it but when you gift them the ball and it’s stinking hot and humid it’s no surprise what happened.
Agree. Penalties, drop balls and giving six agains start happening when tiredness sets in. Teams are conditioned to play 100 minutes of football. I dont think our boys are.

mickeylane

Bench
I had a feeling that we would lose this one by a margin of about 2 to 6 points, but I really thought that those awful second half capitulations were behind us...
We need to either play Liddell for 80 minutes or bring back Amone at 6, Bud & Hunt to share the half-back role and Hunt & Liddell to both spend time at dummy half. Mbye just should not be anywhere near the first 17.
Between the refereeing and the bogan Brisbane supporters and the F*x commentary I already had the $hit$, but that's nothing compared to the way I feel about the mumbling, clueless, rank amateur in the coaching box. I don't even care who we replace him with - who could be worse? (Aside from Mary, Barrett or Madge)
Good summary and totally agree.. Mbye is a clueless footballer - he’s lost touch w what position he can actually play ..he simply just can’t play !
Amone needs to come in asap as does JDB to stiffen up defence.. hook is a dumb coach but the bad news is that the board will take heart from the first 70min .. we are not dead yet we are having a go especially Molo, Lawrie, Sua, BMM are all running hard..Liddle, JDB, Amone the missing links …

Yow

Juniors
The 10min after half time killed us we never touched the ball watched the try their hooker scored a few times i know i am 1 eyed but i cant see where it touched the ground.some basic errors cost us dearly hopefully we can learn from that. A lot on here wont agree with me but i thought our boys gave it a fair crack no matter who it is when you have to do that much defending in that humidity you will get tired. We played better than the score book shows.

sammymills

Juniors
I was watching this game with 14 blokes and every one of them called those 2 tries broncos got after HT no try’s, they weren’t dragons supporters either. The first one you cannot see the bell touch the ground and bud is under it the whole time, at least have a proper look. The 2nd one Staggs looked offside a mile, he even has to slow down and reach behind him to catch ball but again no one checks it.

regardless of the blow out I was proud of the boys tonight they held in for the majority of the game on a very hot night and against a genuine premiership threat and it’s unfortunate that it blew out in last 10 min.

VodkaSaint

Juniors
keep saying it, we must stop the Rubish, we gave the Broncos a free ride for the win .
On top of that how unfit are we , we just went back to playing like the Charity match

Illusion

Bench
Really in the end we got smashed , doesn't mean much that we were in the game for a long time , what I'm worried about is if they don't bounce back next game and it's another loss , then the enthusiasm will drop off 😔 A win last night could of been the roll on that we needed ...... Ah time will tell but not holding my breath seen it all too often ....... But on that note , we loose either way without the young guys , but at least we play a better attacking game with them , they are prepared to take chances so I'd rather loose with them in the side than without them .......

st.phil

Bench
I was watching this game with 14 blokes and every one of them called those 2 tries broncos got after HT no try’s, they weren’t dragons supporters either. The first one you cannot see the bell touch the ground and bud is under it the whole time, at least have a proper look. The 2nd one Staggs looked offside a mile, he even has to slow down and reach behind him to catch ball but again no one checks it.

regardless of the blow out I was proud of the boys tonight they held in for the majority of the game on a very hot night and against a genuine premiership threat and it’s unfortunate that it blew out in last 10 min.
100% … staggs was a solid half a metre in front of the kicker and paix was held up. Bunker didn’t look and the commentators just rolled on about the amazing broncos. People see what they want to see

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
After having time to digest that game I have to say, we have some great players in that team. Sloan and Feagai will be superstars. Liddle the buy of the year so far. If they keep playing like that, they will win more games than they lose. On another note. If the team is losing with 10 minutes left, I wouldn’t be bringing on Mbye for Liddle

Juniors
Spot on and I would move bird to bench and bring him on after a bit of sting left the game.

Latest posts