What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons v Broncos Rd 3 2023

jeffdragon

Bench
As i was about to post my thoughts the forum went into meltdown.
10 to go it was anyone's game.
Shame the scoreline ended up that way.
We ran with gusto in the first half.
Second half we had a few chances.
When Rava made the break Sloan was on the inside.
Shame Bud kicked for Lomax.amd it didn't work.
Needed to pin them down there and build pressure when you don't have the ball.
Just knew if they scored first in the second half they will get more.
Our players make silly errors like Suli touching the drop out.
We aren't the smartest team in the comp.
And all Hunt had to so was put the ball into touch before ht.

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
Silly , silly mistakes cost them dearly in the end , they thought the game was there and then relaxed and paid the penalty , such a damn shame after all the hard work of the 1st half.

Well back to the drawing board , I hope the Hook gives them the round of the kitchen at training .

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
10 to go and anybody's game....then unfortunately the lack of possession, some errors by us and some dubious piggy back calls by the ref in favour of The Donkeys early in the second half finally took its toll......the scoreboard didnt really reflect the true result imo....not happy with the outcome obviously but theres some positives with this side this year so far....
PS ...isnt Walsh a right pain in the arse....I reckon hes a player thats going to piss me off the more I see of him in the future.....wheres Tariq when you need him.

DfL

Juniors
Knew the team was going to stay in the sheds when they were all laughing and carrying on in the sheds at half time whereas the broncos were getting addressed as a team. I said to my mates at half time that the dragons are gonna stay in sheds with the way their attitude looks. And exactly that happened. Hook talked about the last 10 being a problem. I saw the last 40 being the problem.

macnaz

Staff member
I havmt been watching your games closely but wondering what your thoughts so far are in regards to Mbye and Liddle ?
I've always rated rated Liddle , as long as he is running behind dominate pack . WestsTigers couldn't provide anywhere near one so hoping Saints can provide a little bit more for him.

I had a feeling that we would lose this one by a margin of about 2 to 6 points, but I really thought that those awful second half capitulations were behind us...
We need to either play Liddell for 80 minutes or bring back Amone at 6, Bud & Hunt to share the half-back role and Hunt & Liddell to both spend time at dummy half. Mbye just should not be anywhere near the first 17.
Between the refereeing and the bogan Brisbane supporters and the F*x commentary I already had the $hit$, but that's nothing compared to the way I feel about the mumbling, clueless, rank amateur in the coaching box. I don't even care who we replace him with - who could be worse? (Aside from Mary, Barrett or Madge)
FFS - just fkn get him out of our club!

redv13

Bench
I havmt been watching your games closely but wondering what your thoughts so far are in regards to Mbye and Liddle ?
I've always rated rated Liddle , as long as he is running behind dominate pack . WestsTigers couldn't provide anywhere near one so hoping Saints can provide a little bit more for him.
Liddle has been a breath of fresh air so far compared to Macca. I’ve stood up for Mbye but I’m not sure what to do with him. Probably suited as a 14 with minimal game time moving forward but Hook obviously rates him so he’ll be hanging around for quite a while. Maybe Amone should be the 14 and he can replace Liddle when he needs a spell. Could be a dangerous combo at 9 for 80 mins

macnaz

Staff member
Liddle has been a breath of fresh air so far compared to Macca. I’ve stood up for Mbye but I’m not sure what to do with him. Probably suited as a 14 with minimal game time moving forward but Hook obviously rates him so he’ll be hanging around for quite a while. Maybe Amone should be the 14 and he can replace Liddle when he needs a spell. Could be a dangerous combo at 9 for 80 mins
Lol@ Imbo seems he has done a bit more for you guys ... but he just isn't really capable of excelling at any 1 position.
As far as Liddle , we kept the wrong guy in Simpkin ☹

isaiah

Bench
10 to go and anybody's game....then unfortunately the lack of possession, some errors by us and some dubious piggy back calls by the ref in favour of The Donkeys early in the second half finally took its toll......the scoreboard didnt really reflect the true result imo....not happy with the outcome obviously but theres some positives with this side this year so far....
PS ...isnt Walsh a right pain in the arse....I reckon hes a player thats going to piss me off the more I see of him in the future.....wheres Tariq when you need him.
What scoreboard would have been a true reflection? You were scoreless after half time. Did you look like scoring? Is it still an 80 min game?

BLM01

First Grade
They had no field position because the broncos rolled right over them. Because they’re unfit. Broncos also played in the same humiditywe hav no call the 1st 15 mins that half

Yep he is going pretty good just need more players of his heels at times

BLM01

First Grade
Are people really saying they were happy with that "effort" we were outscored 32-2 in the second half absolutely pathetic!
No. We shot ourselves in the foot in the 2nd half with no ball to start and finish and tried to many big plays at the wrong time
We deserved to lose in the end but at 18 all with 10 to go we did well to hang on and forwards will still denting the line. Our defense just faded in the last 10
The ref..yeh we did not get much in terms of penalties etc but the only one I thought was dicey was the Hunt shoulder charge. The player ran into him and he was standing. He did not drop his shoulder into him.

Jim Dragons

Juniors
l thought given our current circumstances that Amone to 14 is a logical step... he covers halves/centres and his defence is ok to cover lock at a pinch. l believe that he could cover hooker although he may be peeved at having to do so... but he needs to force his way back into the team now. He would need to start the game as the Liddle off the bench seems to work. But please don't take him off to give others a run with the game in the balance. Also please keep Bird out of dummy half... I saw him throw a shocker last week and again tonight. Be interesting to see how we turn around for next week... we didn't deserve that scoreline. Despite the scoreline that effort will win us half our games this year. What do they say don't throw out the baby with the bath water.

Latest posts